Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advice!
1001 10 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

Hey guys! I’m still not sure on buying the Zoom or the Pro.

I want that zoom, but I really enjoy night flying, can anyone share their experience with night flying with the Zoom? Is there a big difference? I can only seem to find Pro footage at night. Looks gorgeous. Is there much difference with the Zoom?

Thank you!
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

If you look at the specs on the zoom i dont think it has the same low light capability that the 2 pro has. You would have to adjust your settings a bit more to compensate. But having said that you still have the advantage of zooming in closer to objects even at night were the 2 pro wont be able to do that
2018-8-29
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Colombia

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-29 21:35
If you look at the specs on the zoom i dont think it has the same low light capability that the 2 pro has. You would have to adjust your settings a bit more to compensate. But having said that you still have the advantage of zooming in closer to objects even at night were the 2 pro wont be able to do that

Do you think its a dealbreaker? Like its really noticeable? I'm more of  a casual consumer, so if the difference is not that much I would go with the Zoom.
2018-8-29
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Apart from that, the biggest feature of the pro version is the 10 bit recording.
Ok now please tell me, WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO WATCH THESE 1 billion colors???
Because all the devices that exist on the market, smartphones,TVs, iPads, etc. Display max 16 million colors!!!
No point really.
Maybe there’s one thing that I like with the pro and that’s might be night time filming.
As here in Spain you are allowed to fly at night at the max altitude of 50 meters.
Still have to see night time comparisons between pro and zoom.
But so far I’m zoom 100%.
Someday...

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-8-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Ali3N Posted at 2018-8-29 21:56
Do you think its a dealbreaker? Like its really noticeable? I'm more of  a casual consumer, so if the difference is not that much I would go with the Zoom.

If you must choose between the 2 i would go for the zoom, but thats just me.
The camera is great on the 2p but i cant edit high res video atm so not point in that for me.
Frankly to be honest if you ask which one i would buy i would have to say neither of them i already have zoom on both my drones and for low light i simply adjust my settings.
2018-8-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-8-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-8-29
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Colombia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-8-29 22:58
There are plenty of coparison videos on YouTube already. it depends on your usage and display. To explain this further, if you are going to be looking at your footage in a good 4/5K screen then you will see an obvious difference in image quality due to the sensor size. That being said, a good editing can mask the differences to a point... If you plan to use your footage on YouTube or Facebook it doesn't really matter because it will be heavilly compressed anyway.

In a nut shell, if you wish for the better image quality and dynamic range go for the Pro, if you are a filmaker and want the parallax / doly effects, go for the zoom. My Pro is arriving today I hope ;) I am all in for the best image possible so my choice was easy as I really believe that if you are not making money out of your videos, the dolly effect and zooming will be not so utilized in real life after a little period, one can be tired of it very quick, a 2x zoom is not huge anyway

I like the way you think, you just read my mind. I just needed someone to confirm why spending those 200 extra is worth it. I'm not a film maker, I just wish to please myself with awesome quality.
2018-8-30
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Upon checking on the specs, Mavic 2 Pro's ISO Range is 100-6400 which technically is good to use at night unlike Mavic 2 Zoom, it has only 100-3200.
2018-8-30
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think that the pro version is for professional for paid work and zoom is for everybody else!

Fly safe everyone.
Alex.
2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules