Back Legs folding issue
4199 52 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

The hell with that!! When are you guys going to demand what's right? This just spent $1400 on something and wants it not to be a problem. Geez. I'd love for you to go buy a new car and have the dealer say..oh don't worry about the motor. Just shut up and go drive it. If it falls out you can deal with DJI Cindy. If I was this guy I would demand my money back. Not once has DJI ever owned up to anything. Remember when stress crack issues on P3s? Get your money back. It's only a matter of time before your flight is affected then they'll blame in on pilot error.
2018-8-30
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

What's more profitable...tell the customer it's not a problem or to recall all these drones? All DJI cares about is money. They will lie over and over again and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it once they have your cash.
2018-8-30
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-30 22:39
Jip, South African slang for yes..........

ah k have to remember that one lol
2018-8-31
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-31 03:17
ah k have to remember that one lol

Pronounce with a yhip, not zip....
2018-8-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-8-31 08:56
Pronounce with a yhip, not zip....

I say yup a lot so maybe like yhip for you, yhup for me lol
2018-8-31
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

I have seen this, I have been taking care when folding to pull it away from the body every so slightly.
2018-8-31
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I have just read this thread and am a bit shocked by the answer from the engineers. Compact drone or not, it's not okay what people are telling and showing here. "Relatively narrow", but "within tolerances" - what kind of rubbish is that? In a short period of time, the rear arms will make small scars in the body of the drone and that certainly is a problem, just as it is also a problem that the camera is clearly scratched on the backside when used. I refuse to believe that an engineer with selfrespect may think that it is quiet ok and completely like a DJI product should be.

I have not yet ordered an M2P, but now I'll wait for sure.
2018-8-31
Use props
Kevo!
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212749 ft

usere7cceb0bba Posted at 2018-8-30 14:15
Here in California, I received mine today with the same problem.  DJI sent me the same form letter reply.

We appreciate your time bringing this to our attention and for letting us know about your concern. Due to the compact structure of the Mavic 2, the gap between the aircraft's rear arms and aircraft's body is designed to be relatively narrow, but it's within the tolerance range and meets the quality requirements. Please feel free to use.

One Thousand Four Hundred Forty Nine US Dollars. - and it's built with worse tolerance than the first Mavic Pro that I own?
2018-9-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heavenone Posted at 2018-8-30 03:53
What protective stickers? Mine have no Protective stickers.
Send a Foto please!!!
And for 1450€ iIdo not WANT any scratches made by folding my M2pro!

These ones
2018-9-2
Use props
fans8e9d2f8c
New
Flight distance : 5512 ft
Brazil

Hello, I have a similar problem, however, only one leg / arm rubs on the drone's body. Do you know anything like that? I think I'd better return / change the drone!
2019-1-5
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-30 02:05
Our apologies for the inconvenience. I will forward this concern to our R&D engineers to check if it is normal. I will notify you once I receive a response from them Thanks for your support.

Please share the response as I have the same issue. Thanks
2019-1-5
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Celsus Posted at 1-5 14:44
Please share the response as I have the same issue. Thanks

Answers in the thread suggest DJI considers it within normal tolerances and not an issue.  My Zoom does it a bit, too.
2019-1-5
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 1-5 15:03
Answers in the thread suggest DJI considers it within normal tolerances and not an issue.  My Zoom does it a bit, too.

Thanks. I would disagree as the legs should fold clear without any interference. If the Mavic 1 can do it then so should Mavic 2 in my humble opinion.
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules