Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying in the Brecon Beacons -Wales
1442 4 2018-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 460131 ft

In two weeks time, I shall be in the Brecon Beacons, hoping to take my Spark and get some flights over this wonderful, picturesque countryside...any tips / do's / dont's welcome. I'll of course observe the drone code and not fly more than 400ft above ground level.
Thanks,

Chris
2018-8-29
Use props
Wolferl
First Officer
Flight distance : 22615 ft
Austria

Hi Chris,

Acording to https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/flying-drones-at-our-places drone flying is not permitted there.

Too bad, I would have liked to see some footage of it!

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-30
Use props
djiuser_uo9eH6T46TGB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103419 ft
United Kingdom

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-30 01:17
Hi Chris,

Acording to https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/flying-drones-at-our-places drone flying is not permitted there.

Hi, most of it is  MOD land....
2018-8-30
Use props
fans8ee1d7a2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey guys, I have a question.

I am looking to get footage of the Brecon Beacons and understand they have certain policies in place about drones.

However I own the new DJI Mavic mini and is is under the CAA regulations of 250 grams so therefore my drone is classed as a toy!

Would these policies still apply for me?
2019-11-21
Use props
ChrisJG
Captain
Flight distance : 460131 ft
United Kingdom

fans8ee1d7a2 Posted at 11-21 06:36
Hey guys, I have a question.

I am looking to get footage of the Brecon Beacons and understand they have certain policies in place about drones.

Not from any land owned by the National Trust, they state "All aerial activity above our sites is prohibited unless specific permission is granted, according to an existing byelaw." That said, they do not control the airspace, only their land from which you take off and land, so if you were to use a public footpath as close to their land and fly from there, I don't think they have any claim...Be careful as Military Aircraft fly in the Brecons, so use the NATS App to check the locations. I'd still abide by the drone code, so as not to cause hassles for other drone fliers...I never flew as the weather was too poor. Good luck.
2019-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules