Overheating
Home / TELLO /
31372 22 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vzr
lvl.2

Serbia

I noticed that all this Tello drones will switch off automatically after minute or two of inactivity due to chipset overheating. The problem is when You crash your drone far away, You can't use WiFi signal analyzer app to find the drone because it will switch off itself within minute or two. This is very irritating and scary fact.

2018-8-30
Use props
RichardAnderson
New

United States

This thing happened to me and my friend last week. He's the owner of Tello drone and was showing off it in the park. I was like why in park with tons of people, if you can do that in your backyard more safely, but weel okay. He landed his drone on a bench to 'book' it, then random guy ran towards it, grab it and ran away. It happened fast, but the wifi couldn't indicate the location and the drone is clearly lost
2018-8-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Well the drone will auto land when it get weak signal, I don't really like it as it may land on water/wet surface or on some danger place. Yes, there are a button to cancel it to land but it don't work
2018-8-30
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this situation might cause you.

We are regret that there is no GPS and cool fan built - in and its vent is underneath the drone as indicated as a toy. That accounts for the overheating prompt. In regard to incidents. There is a chance that the drone would power off automatically after crashing. To retrieve it, sorry that you might need to refer its direction.

Once again. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  
2018-8-30
Use props
johncrosley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’ve noticed on YouTube that some tellos appear to have a heat sink on the underside. Mine doesn’t and overheats while setting up. Are these the tello 2 ? I’ve tried to ask the question but am not allowed to start a new thread.  Does anyone have any information regarding this? I know overheating is a problem for a lot of people. Is this a mod that can be retro fittedfitted
2018-9-29
Use props
johncrosley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’ve noticed on YouTube that some tellos appear to have a heat sink on the underside. Mine doesn’t and overheats while setting up. Are these the tello 2 ? I’ve tried to ask the question but am not allowed to start a new thread.  Does anyone have any information regarding this? I know overheating is a problem for a lot of people. Is this a mod that can be retro fittedfitted
2018-9-29
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

johncrosley Posted at 2018-9-29 12:58
I’ve noticed on YouTube that some tellos appear to have a heat sink on the underside. Mine doesn’t and overheats while setting up. Are these the tello 2 ? I’ve tried to ask the question but am not allowed to start a new thread.  Does anyone have any information regarding this? I know overheating is a problem for a lot of people. Is this a mod that can be retro fittedfitted

Sorry for the inconvenience caused you, John. So far there is no notice about the unavailability of starting a new thread, can you offer screenshots or video showing this problem?  

In regard to overheating issue,  you are right that heat vent is underneath the drone and there is no cool fan built-in,thus the overheating notice might be shown if letting the drone sit too long after turning it on, or sitting it on the ground or desktop after a flight. If for some reason you need to keep it powered on the ground, please hold it in the air or place it in front of a fan. Normally, please kindly start it after powered on or power it off after a flight.

To confirm if there is heat vent underneath your drone, just touch the bottom of the drone after put it on the desktop with powered on for a while. The temperature of the bottom should be higher than other parts. If you get overheating notice in the air, that would be appreciated if you offer a relevant video, plus screenshots of firmware version and APP version for further analysis. Thanks in advanced.
2018-9-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 8-30 06:48
Well the drone will auto land when it get weak signal, I don't really like it as it may land on water/wet surface or on some danger place. Yes, there are a button to cancel it to land but it don't work

Good to know mate - I'm getting one of these for my nephew
2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

A CW Posted at 11-19 12:52
Good to know mate - I'm getting one of these for my nephew

Nice, great start
2018-11-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2018-11-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

2018-11-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you recommend it?
2018-11-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

A CW Posted at 11-21 06:34
Do you recommend it?

Ya I do
Now they have really great deal just $99 for the boost combo

2018-11-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jacksonnai Posted at 11-21 17:53
Ya I do
Now they have really great deal just $99 for the boost combo

Sounds good - thanks for the advice mate.
2018-11-22
Use props
Dilli24
New

India

Hello RYZE i have a DJI Tello...my drone is barley touching 30m distance. its shows the wifi warning within 30m..but you claims Tello will go for 100m. i need to know what is the problem with my Tello.
2018-12-5
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

Dilli24 Posted at 12-5 00:25
Hello RYZE i have a DJI Tello...my drone is barley touching 30m distance. its shows the wifi warning within 30m..but you claims Tello will go for 100m. i need to know what is the problem with my Tello.

Hi there, check this video out....

30M is about the normal range for the Tello, it can be extended by purchasing a WiFi extender. They are not expensive, they can be a little tricky to initially set up but worth it to gain the extra distance.
2018-12-5
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dilli24 Posted at 12-5 00:25

Thanks for your time reaching us. It could reach 100 meters without interference, thus we respectfully suggest that you can fly in an open area with less interference. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  
2018-12-6
Use props
fansbb7dcfee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142759 ft
Myanmar

RYZE Posted at 2018-9-29 17:51
Sorry for the inconvenience caused you, John. So far there is no notice about the unavailability of starting a new thread, can you offer screenshots or video showing this problem?  

In regard to overheating issue,  you are right that heat vent is underneath the drone and there is no cool fan built-in,thus the overheating notice might be shown if letting the drone sit too long after turning it on, or sitting it on the ground or desktop after a flight. If for some reason you need to keep it powered on the ground, please hold it in the air or place it in front of a fan. Normally, please kindly start it after powered on or power it off after a flight.

Now my tello is facing with Overheat warning appear. When I connect my phone with tello then I do not fly and prepair for update two or three minuts after the warning message appear on my application. Not more then two or three minuts my tello is automatically shutdown.
2019-5-13
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fansbb7dcfee Posted at 5-13 19:54
Now my tello is facing with Overheat warning appear. When I connect my phone with tello then I do not fly and prepair for update two or three minuts after the warning message appear on my application. Not more then two or three minuts my tello is automatically shutdown.

Hey,since there is no built-in cool fan and the heat vent is underneath the drone, thus over warm notice might be shown if letting the started drone sitting long on the desktop or ground. We respectfully suggest you start the drone after powering it on.
2019-5-14
Use props
Troy Enfinger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 608524 ft
United States

Can I use a pix link WI-FI AP/REPEATER TO GET MY TELLO SIGNAL???
2019-5-17
Use props
Troy Enfinger
lvl.1
United States

Troy Enfinger Posted at 5-17 04:47

2019-5-17
Use props
Troy Enfinger
lvl.1
United States

2019-5-17
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey Troy,  pretty sorry that it is not officially recommended.
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules