DJI Crystal Sky does not work with Mavic Pro 2 !
8457 161 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

sjd666 Posted at 2018-8-31 10:14
Seems strange that iOS ,android and the goggles were compatible with app/firmware on the day of release.

Only new RE goggles orignal goggles need FW update.
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sjd666 Posted at 2018-8-31 10:14
Seems strange that iOS ,android and the goggles were compatible with app/firmware on the day of release.

Yep sure does
2018-8-31
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

still waiting as well. hoping that the software update is here soon. going back to a phone or tablet sucks after using the crystalsky for my inspire 2 and p4p. traveling soon and iphone x screen sucks for outdoor flights especially in hot weather
2018-8-31
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To true Mike it does suck - there is only one real screen but I still feel they should support it first when it costs so much - I know the mass market will use a phone but they do suck !
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_drone
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

GaryNash Posted at 2018-8-31 09:52
Dont own a DJI bracket for crystalsky ...but the news on the street is is doesn't fit...

Hi GaryNash, I posted a YT video illustrating a temporary mod that allows the Crystalsky mount for Mavic Pro mount onto the New Mavic 2 series drone. However, I don't recommend the setup for the larger CrystalSky 7.85 screen. It's to heave.

2018-8-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_drone Posted at 2018-8-31 20:35
Hi GaryNash, I posted a YT video illustrating a temporary mod that allows the Crystalsky mount for Mavic Pro mount onto the New Mavic 2 series drone. However, I don't recommend the setup for the larger CrystalSky 7.85 screen. It's to heave.

https://youtu.be/WVdhQGXPscc

However, I don't recommend the setup for the larger CrystalSky 7.85 screen. It's to heave.

Definetly agree.  I would be hesitant to evey try smaller CrystalSky with nylon wire ties.  Maybe with stainless steel ties.

2018-8-31
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-31 21:05
However, I don't recommend the setup for the larger CrystalSky 7.85 screen. It's to heave.

Definetly agree.  I would be hesitant to evey try smaller CrystalSky with nylon wire ties.  Maybe with stainless steel ties.

But the CS 5.5 still get no update on the software to work with MP2 right?
2018-9-1
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video
2018-9-1
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Fans

2018-9-1
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi GaryNash, I posted a YT video illustrating a temporary mod that allows the Crystalsky mount for Mavic Pro mount onto the New Mavic 2 series drone. However, I don't recommend the setup for the larger CrystalSky 7.85 screen. It's to heave.

Thanks alot - I will link this in the film I am just making it will do until we get one from DJI
2018-9-1
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

I am 41 and my eyes aren’t what they used to be. Flying in the ultrabright SoCal sun with my phone (even with a shade mounted on it) was downright dangerous in my opinion. I couldn’t see anything on the screen. The CrystalSky monitor made flying enjoyable for me and is now a necessity for me when operating a DJI aircraft. I do hope DJI releases an update for CrystalSky immediately. I am not opening my Mavic 2 until it is and I will be returning it at the deadline and waiting to purchase again until CrystalSky is working with it or another option is presented. This is unacceptable that I cannot use their own piece of premium, professional, proprietary equipment while they endlessly update 3rd party devices. I’ve only owned my CrystalSky for about 4 months and now it appears to be an expensive brick. Get with the program DJI.
2018-9-1
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You tell em Robofist - I totally agree with you also the fact that the mount does not fit is another annoying factor !
2018-9-1
Use props
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree we need support for the CS on the Mavic 2. In regards to the CrystalSky mount, when I got the Mavic Air I swapped out the grips from my Spark controller to the Air controller, just took removing 4 torx screws. I have a replacement grip set coming for the Mavic 2 Pro to swap them out too, the color of them will be black instead of gray, but I think I'll be OK with that.

2018-9-2
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 2018-9-2 07:06
I agree we need support for the CS on the Mavic 2. In regards to the CrystalSky mount, when I got the Mavic Air I swapped out the grips from my Spark controller to the Air controller, just took removing 4 torx screws. I have a replacement grip set coming for the Mavic 2 Pro to swap them out too, the color of them will be black instead of gray, but I think I'll be OK with that.
[view_image]

Thats a great idea thanks Aerial - where did you order them form DJI ?
2018-9-2
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

It looks like the only part on the mount that needs to be altered is the part that fits inside the controller arms with screw sockets, is that correct? As soon as I receive mine, I will design a new part that can be 3D printed and post the file on Thingiverse. Ugh, they really should have designed the mount to be more compatible with future controllers. And if they already released an Android update for the app, why haven’t they released the update for CrystalSky? Same operating system. Why the delay?
2018-9-2
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did my initial Mavic 2 test flights with my phone, but no way I'm flying the drone in mid afternoon without Crystal Sky.. so I'm essentially grounded until this thing gets an update.
2018-9-2
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mir Posted at 2018-9-2 07:38
I did my initial Mavic 2 test flights with my phone, but no way I'm flying the drone in mid afternoon without Crystal Sky.. so I'm essentially grounded until this thing gets an update.

Same here - to be honest I dont want to fly it without the CR so they better hurry up !
2018-9-2
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi GaryNash, I posted a YT video illustrating a temporary mod that allows the Crystalsky mount for Mavic Pro mount onto the New Mavic 2 series drone. However, I don't recommend the setup for the larger CrystalSky 7.85 screen. It's to heave.

Thanks for the video. There doesn’t seem to be much info on this subject. And I think using longer, wider zip ties will make the mount more secure. Anyway, excellent video. Framing was perfect, nice stable video, excellent audio. All around great job.
2018-9-2
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Aerial-Pixel Posted at 2018-9-2 07:06
I agree we need support for the CS on the Mavic 2. In regards to the CrystalSky mount, when I got the Mavic Air I swapped out the grips from my Spark controller to the Air controller, just took removing 4 torx screws. I have a replacement grip set coming for the Mavic 2 Pro to swap them out too, the color of them will be black instead of gray, but I think I'll be OK with that.
[view_image]

How do you find the 7.65  or is that a 5.5 crystalsky on the mavic style  controller wth that mount? Do you use a lanyard ? how is it for balance?  can you get your misses to take a pic of you holding it . do you hold the crystalsky or the controller?  
2018-9-2
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mir Posted at 2018-9-2 07:38

LOL same here... Im kinda standing in the bushes at the edge of the field  just for some shade....
2018-9-2
Use props
JT_Vegas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep going through all these threads, I want to pick up the CS for my new MP2 Pro but seems there is confusion if they are even going to update the Crystalsky to support it?   Has anyone received a definitive answer....don't want to spend $1,000 on something that will be useless...already cancelled an order once...but I am impatient and want to have the CS as soon as possible if it is going to support MP2 since my old eyes aren't what they used to be.  Don't want to get new controller with it built in would rather have the flexibility of the tablet...

Hopefully someone has a definitive answer soon if firmware update is indeed coming, and better yet an ETA????
2018-9-2
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JT_Vegas Posted at 2018-9-2 11:13
Keep going through all these threads, I want to pick up the CS for my new MP2 Pro but seems there is confusion if they are even going to update the Crystalsky to support it?   Has anyone received a definitive answer....don't want to spend $1,000 on something that will be useless...already cancelled an order once...but I am impatient and want to have the CS as soon as possible if it is going to support MP2 since my old eyes aren't what they used to be.  Don't want to get new controller with it built in would rather have the flexibility of the tablet...

Hopefully someone has a definitive answer soon if firmware update is indeed coming, and better yet an ETA????

Hey JT - I have had 3 emails from DJI directly stating that they are doing an update to the firware and also mention it is this film
2018-9-2
Use props
JT_Vegas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-2 11:38
Hey JT - I have had 3 emails from DJI directly stating that they are doing an update to the firware and also mention it is this film DJI Mavic 2 Pro Issues & Secrets Not another unboxing DJI CrystalSky!

Thanks, ok I'll resubmit an order....DJI please don't mess this up!!
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_drone
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I purchased my new Mavic 2 when it was first announced, and so far no update on the Crystalsky Firmware and mount for the Mavic 2. My drone is literally just a desktop paperweight.
I'm now getting ready to pack it and return it back to Dji. No sense in holding on to the expensive MP2 that doesn't work with their flagship monitor that cost me a $1000.00.
Thx Dji for dropping the ball on this one.

2018-9-3
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_drone Posted at 2018-9-3 06:27
I purchased my new Mavic 2 when it was first announced, and so far no update on the Crystalsky Firmware and mount for the Mavic 2. My drone is literally just a desktop paperweight.
I'm now getting ready to pack it and return it back to Dji. No sense in holding on to the expensive MP2 that doesn't work with their flagship monitor that cost me a $1000.00.
Thx Dji for dropping the ball on this one.

That is a nice looking Paper Weight - seriously it is unbelievable and does not say much for loyalty I almost wish they had delayed the delivery like they did with the Mavic Pro due to underestimating the desire to own one - I have Tweeted it as well and they have responded witht the same update that they are workign on it etc here is the link if you are interested maybe they will update it if not I will throw something on here as soon as I hear anything - cheers H https://twitter.com/Hieth/status/1036349088722235392
2018-9-3
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JT_Vegas Posted at 2018-9-2 14:33
Thanks, ok I'll resubmit an order....DJI please don't mess this up!!

They better not or I am sure they will get alot of returns
2018-9-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Hitmax Posted at 2018-8-30 08:27
Hi Natalia - thanks for coming back to us as you can see their are a few people on here that need this and I know a few more we are dedicated users of your hardware and spend alot of our hard earned cash on your gear so any support in getting this arranged sooner would be great we look forward to hearing an update - cheers Hieth

Its a business here. Most CS users fly bigger aircraft and most M2 customers won't use CS. They'll get round to making it compatible. Chill. 1 month tops.
2018-9-3
Use props
danny2603
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4224639 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 08:10
No worries! We will update you all once we have an update regarding on the compatibility of CrystalSky to Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Please stay tuned.

i have the same problem crystal sjy dont work with mavic pro 2
2018-9-6
Use props
danny2603
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4224639 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 08:12
Hi. I would suggest you use a mobile device to activate your drone while we are all waiting for the CrystalSky to work on Mavic 2 Pro. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

danny2603 Posted at 2018-9-6 05:10

Hi. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However, as of the moment, CrystalSky is not yet modified to use to your Mavic 2 Pro. We already forwarded this concern to our R&D department for further updates. Your patience and understanding is highly recommended.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

danny2603 Posted at 2018-9-6 05:10

Hi. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. However, as of the moment, CrystalSky is not yet modified to use to your Mavic 2 Pro. We already forwarded this concern to our R&D department for further updates. Your patience and understanding is highly recommended.
2018-9-6
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

The use of "modified" hopefully only means a firmware update.  There is no reason I can think of that any type of hardware would need to be used.

DJI, heads up.  It took your company about 3 to 4 weeks to get the current Crystalsky firmware and djigo4 version updated to support the P4 Pro VR 2.0.  Surely as the MPP and MP are now offically EOF, announced by DJI, there are plans to update the "unique" version of djigo4 for the Cystalsky to support the newer Mavics?  

Would it not be a great idea to announce that support is coming?  The P4 Vr 2.0 was the first Phantom to use Occusync, so it's not an issue there.  

DJI also might publish a bit more noticeably that the Crystalsky uses a Unique version of DJIgo4 for Android.  It's not the same version that is working now for Android phones.  This issue and confusion has been posted and reposted many times.  It's clear many users of the the CS don't know this, and I only found it buried down in the FAQ a couple of months ago.

Just a few thoughts on how to better handle this issue.

Paul C
2018-9-6
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The only explanation I can think of is that the release of the Mavic 2 came as a complete surprise to the RnD programming department of the Crystalsky.... Sorry but DJI are showing themselves as jokers.                       
2018-9-6
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is nuts. Has anyone here used custom firmware for the CS? Reply or PM me.. My Mavic 2 has been collecting dust for over a week now.
2018-9-6
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

paul2660 Posted at 2018-9-6 11:23
The use of "modified" hopefully only means a firmware update.  There is no reason I can think of that any type of hardware would need to be used.

DJI, heads up.  It took your company about 3 to 4 weeks to get the current Crystalsky firmware and djigo4 version updated to support the P4 Pro VR 2.0.  Surely as the MPP and MP are now offically EOF, announced by DJI, there are plans to update the "unique" version of djigo4 for the Cystalsky to support the newer Mavics?  

Great update Paul - prehaps DJI should give you a PR job !
2018-9-6
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mir Posted at 2018-9-6 12:56
This is nuts. Has anyone here used custom firmware for the CS? Reply or PM me.. My Mavic 2 has been collecting dust for over a week now.

No update yet Mir .......
2018-9-6
Use props
SidneyW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

My easy mod to make the mount fit on both Mavic Air and Mavic 2.

2018-9-6
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brill - how can we get one ?
2018-9-6
Use props
SidneyW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-6 14:56
Brill - how can we get one ?

Cut two notches on the aluminum mounting bar as in the picture using Dremel.
2018-9-6
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SidneyW Posted at 2018-9-6 15:31
Cut two notches on the aluminum mounting bar as in the picture using Dremel.

Ahhhhh I see that way it will have a gap between the mounting arms to make them fit - great thanks saves having to swap out the mounting arms for the ones on my Mavic Pro 1 - cheers n gone
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules