DJI Crystal Sky does not work with Mavic Pro 2 !
8487 161 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans165c8934
lvl.1
Switzerland

I'm very upset with the answer I got today

In regards to your concern about the Compatibility of Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra Brightness to Mavic 2 Remote Controller. as per checking, the Crystal Sky is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possibility for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,

Vannessa

DJI Customer Support
2018-9-12
Use props
JT_Vegas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37867 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans165c8934 Posted at 2018-9-12 10:19

In regards to your concern about the Compatibility of Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra Brightness to Mavic 2 Remote Controller. as per checking, the Crystal Sky is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possibility for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

wth dji?  i too bought the cs ub for the m2, too many different answers we need someone in the know to give us a definitive answer if and when as soon as possible?
2018-9-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

In regards to your concern about the Compatibility of Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra Brightness to Mavic 2 Remote Controller. as per checking, the Crystal Sky is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possibility for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

''the Crystal Sky is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment''

That does not bode well for CrystalSky ever supporting Mavic Pro 2.

To me, that is a warning shot across bow, for buying expensive products - even from same manufacture.  
Make sure both products have been shown to be working with each other, before buying.

2018-9-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Nicely done!
2018-9-12
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

WTF ???????? I bought Crystalsky for the Mavic 2 .....

Can someone in support or an admin confirm this ? £700 quid of worthless DJI unsupported junk ... buyer beware !
2018-9-12
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope this is not true as the email I got from DJI Support stated this and I still have it " Regarding your email, as per communicating it to our colleague, Mavic Pro 2 is not yet compatible with CrystalSky at this moment but it will be supported in the future. Though we are unable to provide you an exact resolution time. " I have emailed them back and I await an answer once I know any more I will let you all know, in the meantime I got restless and did what I said I would never do - downloaded the Android ap to my Samsung S9 a took the M2P for its maiden flight - will have some footage up soon here is a short film if you are interested ?
2018-9-12
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats it. Time to start hacking this thing.
2018-9-12
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mir Posted at 2018-9-12 13:01
Thats it. Time to start hacking this thing.

Oh I  hope not I hate hacking but if that our only answer .....
2018-9-12
Use props
fans165c8934
lvl.1
Switzerland

I'm going on holiday to Sardinia in three and a half weeks.
I ordered a Mavic Pro 2 that I should receive in 10 days. Despite Vanessa's discouraging response from DJI Support (see above), I bet that the Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra will be compatible with the Mavic 2 within 3 weeks. So I just ordered a Mavmount 3 in the USA (I live in Switzerland). My question: What cable will I need to connect the Mavic Pro 2 remote control to the Crystal Sky? Can you help me? Thank you in advance and I hope my bet will be won!

Ivan

2018-9-12
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans165c8934 Posted at 2018-9-12 13:17
I'm going on holiday to Sardinia in three and a half weeks.
I ordered a Mavic Pro 2 that I should receive in 10 days. Despite Vanessa's discouraging response from DJI Support (see above), I bet that the Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra will be compatible with the Mavic 2 within 3 weeks. So I just ordered a Mavmount 3 in the USA (I live in Switzerland). My question: What cable will I need to connect the Mavic Pro 2 remote control to the Crystal Sky? Can you help me? Thank you in advance and I hope my bet will be won!

usb to usb c .... dont worry you get one in your mavic 2 box
2018-9-12
Use props
fans165c8934
lvl.1
Switzerland

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-12 13:20
usb to usb c .... dont worry you get one in your mavic 2 box

Thank you very much for the very quick answer.
2018-9-12
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm waiting to use Litchi on my Crystal sky. Some have used the new beta version that's out for the mavic 2. Funny on how litchi can out perform Dji on there own devices
2018-9-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-12 13:13
Oh I  hope not I hate hacking but if that our only answer .....

If this be hacking, make the most of it!
2018-9-12
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366257 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Really poor by DJI...
2018-9-12
Use props
fans165c8934
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello,

I'm sorry to bother you once again but I have one more question: does the Mavic Pro 2 charger charge the Crystal Sky 7.85 battery? Best regards.

Ivan
2018-9-12
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

This news contradicts the two emails I received from DJI that said they are working on it. I hope that email was sent from some low level support rep that was just going through the motions and doesn’t really know anything. If DJI cancels Crystalsky’s support this early in its life, I will be livid.
2018-9-12
Use props
EMBE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Let's wait and see - it's only a bit software missing for these devices. I'll stay optimistic ... because I really miss that thing on my Mavic 2 remote...
2018-9-12
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>

fans165c8934 Posted at 2018-9-12 13:17
I'm going on holiday to Sardinia in three and a half weeks.

The great news is that DJI have included ALL the types of cables witht his launch
2018-9-12
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans165c8934 Posted at 2018-9-12 21:00
Hello,

I'm sorry to bother you once again but I have one more question: does the Mavic Pro 2 charger charge the Crystal Sky 7.85 battery? Best regards.

no ...go grab one from ebay ,,,
2018-9-13
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

I hope everyone is physically writing DJI about supporting Crytalsky. Just posting your disappointment on this forum is not enough, despite that DJI has active forum moderators here. We need to be blasting their support page. They log every email and support request they get. Crystalsky owners need to speak up now or risk being forgotten!
2018-9-13
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

robotfist Posted at 2018-9-13 06:10
I hope everyone is physically writing DJI about supporting Crytalsky. Just posting your disappointment on this forum is not enough, despite that DJI has active forum moderators here. We need to be blasting their support page. They log every email and support request they get. Crystalsky owners need to speak up now or risk being forgotten!

You are spot on Robofist - I have emailed them again last night and here is a copy of their response, as Robofist said can you all email the DJI Support team the more people that email them the more likely we are goign to get this resolved quickly also they have stated Crystalsky will be supportted :

Hi Hieth

Thank you for getting back to us.

I understand your concern, I know how you feel towards this issue and I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Rest assured that I will do my best to assist you.

Regarding your email, as per communicating to the support team in the facility, Mavic 2 Pro is not yet compatible with CrystalSky at this moment, but it will be supported in the future.

Though we are unable to provide you an exact resolution time. We urge you to constantly visit our link - www.dji.com for the latest updates on our technology and products.
2018-9-13
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-13 06:43
You are spot on Robofist - I have emailed them again last night and here is a copy of their response, as Robofist said can you all email the DJI Support team the more people that email them the more likely we are goign to get this resolved quickly also they have stated Crystalsky will be supportted :

Hi Hieth

DJI are acting like jokers ....After spending £600 for the premium crystalsky their acting like the Mavic 2 was a total surprise for them ...
2018-9-13
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-13 06:47
DJI are acting like jokers ....After spending £600 for the premium crystalsky their acting like the Mavic 2 was a total surprise for them ...

Definitely conflicting statements.

Support says:

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time bringing this to our attention and for letting us know about your concern. We do understand that you would like to know when the CrystalSky is compatible with the new Mavic 2. As of the moment it is not yet supported and we do not receive feedback yet about the date of release but please do keep on checking our website for updates at www.dji.com. Rest assured that our Development Team is already working on it.

Your patience and kind understanding is  greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Xavier
DJI Customer Support

2018-9-13
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans165c8934 Posted at 2018-9-12 21:00
Hello,

I'm sorry to bother you once again but I have one more question: does the Mavic Pro 2 charger charge the Crystal Sky 7.85 battery? Best regards.

Sorry but no. They don't do that.
2018-9-13
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

robotfist Posted at 2018-9-13 06:10
I hope everyone is physically writing DJI about supporting Crytalsky. Just posting your disappointment on this forum is not enough, despite that DJI has active forum moderators here. We need to be blasting their support page. They log every email and support request they get. Crystalsky owners need to speak up now or risk being forgotten!

This. +1
It's a little outrageous for sure.
2018-9-13
Use props
fans980b10d0
lvl.2
Hong Kong

<<Please do keep on checking our website for updates >>  
guys ,keep on checking for updates every day patiently......
2018-9-13
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

EMBE Posted at 2018-9-12 21:57
Let's wait and see - it's only a bit software missing for these devices. I'll stay optimistic ... because I really miss that thing on my Mavic 2 remote...

It will definitely come, this has meanwhile been confirmed in the CrystalSky section of the forum. Some more patience needed, although this is hard for me as well...
2018-9-13
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

NO ONE KNOWS  ??????????????

The REAL problem. Is that DJI Moderators and Forums staff along with low level support staff have no idea what is going on

I like many have asked countless times for a definitive answer as to when the Crystalsky will receive an update.

Read through the forums, you ask 10 people the same question you get 10 answers.

Anything from “its being worked on”
or
“Please be patient”
Then take a look at this one  

"In regards to your concern about the Compatibility of Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra Brightness to Mavic 2 Remote Controller. as per checking, the Crystal Sky is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possibility for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,

Vannessa

DJI Customer Support "
2018-9-13
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I ordered the M2P, I incorrectly assumed CS would work with it out of the box. It said it had Mavic compatibility, I did not think to look at the forums before I ordered. Of course, once I received it and it did not work, I started looking at the forums and saw the possible upcoming controller with display, notes saying an update to CS is in the works, and notes saying there are no plans to update CS to make it work with M2.

It is not encouraging that CS was not updated right away. DJI is not a small company. There is no shortage of personnel to be working on updating the CS software. So I requested that DJI send me a return shipping label for the CS, hood, charger. They resisted, saying it was my fault for not reading their website correctly, even going so far as to circle areas of the website that show Mavic Pro compatibility (ignoring that on other pages of their own website detailing CS it does not show compatibility with any Mavic at all). Well, they sent me a return shipping label today and I will most definitely be returning the CS and accessories. I do not want to be stuck with an expensive display that will never work with current or future models. If they do end up updating CS, I will purchase again.

Overall, disappointed with DJI. But not surprising given all the horror stories I hear about their customer service.
2018-9-13
Use props
Anonymous
Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-13 06:43
You are spot on Robofist - I have emailed them again last night and here is a copy of their response, as Robofist said can you all email the DJI Support team the more people that email them the more likely we are goign to get this resolved quickly also they have stated Crystalsky will be supportted :

Hi Hieth

That’s the response I received as well, when it comes I don’t know, but hopefully soon. We have HedgeTrimmer on here he has no interest in Mavic 2, but will try to create as much hysteria as possible , best to ignore.
2018-9-13
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-13 10:18
That’s the response I received as well, when it comes I don’t know, but hopefully soon. We have HedgeTrimmer on here he has no interest in Mavic 2, but will try to create as much hysteria as possible , best to ignore.

I see you're trolling other pilots again whom have far more knowledge and experience than you... Reported...
2018-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-13 10:26
I see you're trolling other pilots again whom have far more knowledge and experience than you... Reported...

I’m actually discussing Crystalsky and Mavic2 Pro , and putting across facts as reported by others not trying to cause confusion, as usual you have very little to offer on this subject, except to insult.
2018-9-13
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-13 10:31
I’m actually discussing Crystalsky and Mavic2 Pro , and putting across facts as reported by others not trying to cause confusion, as usual you have very little to offer on this subject, except to insult.

Pot, meet kettle... I saw you insulting another forum member here just the other day calling him an idiot and ignorant out of the blue; your first response to him.

Go shove your insults where the sun don't shine, they are not welcome here.
2018-9-13
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-12 10:50
''the Crystal Sky is not yet compatible with Mavic 2 Zoom and Mavic 2 there are no future developments to enhance this option at the moment''

That does not bode well for CrystalSky ever supporting Mavic Pro 2.

Indeed...

From the leaks we've seen, I think it's safe to assume that DJI will be releasing a new RC with an integrated screen / CS module in the near future for the M2 line.

Whether that RC will work with the current M2 models remains to be seen though, as there may be a M2 Enterprise version coming, and it's possible this new RC is actually going to work with the Enterprise version.

The CS, being Android, shouldn't be difficult to upgrade to M2 compatibility. Perhaps, because of all the issues with the Android GO 4 app of late, they are trying to patch it up before updating CS?

A theory...
2018-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-13 10:36
Pot, meet kettle... I saw you insulting another forum member here just the other day calling him an idiot and ignorant out of the blue; your first response to him.

Go shove your insults where the sun don't shine, they are not welcome here.

Stick to the topic you’ve wrecked more threads around here, this is about Crystalsky and Mavic2 , if you have other problems take them somewhere else. It’s pretty clear who’s trolling here.
2018-9-13
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-13 10:40
Stick to the topic you’ve wrecked more threads around here, this is about Crystalsky and Mavic2 , if you have other problems take them somewhere else. It’s pretty clear who’s trolling here.

Correction, YOU have wrecked more topics than I can think of, INCLUDING MY THEADS, that you REFUSED to leave from for WEEKS, bloating it by PAGES upon PAGES of your BS...

Your "insights" and "facts" are as skewed and unintelligent as the electrons used to post them onto the board.
2018-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-13 10:42
Correction, YOU have wrecked more topics than I can think of, INCLUDING MY THEADS, that you REFUSED to leave from for WEEKS, bloating it by PAGES upon PAGES of your BS...

Your "insights" and "facts" are as skewed and unintelligent as the electrons used to post them onto the board.

Your pushing the self destruct button again , now stop trolling or go away.
2018-9-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Apologies for the distraction but this guy just will not stop.
2018-9-13
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-13 10:44
Your pushing the self destruct button again , now stop trolling or go away.

LOL self-destruct? Mr. "I have two accounts I use to troll people with"?

You're the BIGGEST troll her! Next I'll see your Highking/Highsking accounts show up to put me down and pat you on the back?

Folks, if you wanna see just how little this guy knows, go look at his YouTube channel and his videos, they show the skills of a rookie pilot that doesn't know what he's doing...
2018-9-13
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-12 13:20
usb to usb c .... dont worry you get one in your mavic 2 box

Yeah a veeery long one....
2018-9-13
Use props