Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Caption option in Mavic 2
9453 9 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Has anyone tried activating the Video Caption setting in the camera settings menu?

It generates subtitles with the GPS location, camera settings...
Here's how to use the SRT files to create a telemetry heads up display:

I would like to know if on the Mavic 2 it generates a separate SRT file with the GPS data (like in the Mavic 1), or if it embeds the data in the video file (as it happens with the newest Phantoms).

I'm trying to adapt the SRT Flight Data viewer to the new models: https://djitelemetryoverlay.com/

So if you tried the setting and don't mind sharing a sample file with me (here or privately), that'd be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: By the way, I posted this on the Mavic 2 Pro section just to put it somewhere, but it also applies to the Mavic 2 Zoom.

022050llq6a766aaww96q4.png
2018-8-30
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey there! It generates a SRT file along side the video file on the memory card. If you send me your e-mail I can send you a video clip and SRT. Thanks!
2018-8-30
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Spain

imwhitey Posted at 2018-8-30 05:27
Hey there! It generates a SRT file along side the video file on the memory card. If you send me your e-mail I can send you a video clip and SRT. Thanks!

Thanks!

I replied privately but in case you missed it, you can send just the SRT file to juan(at)tailorandwayne(dot) com

Or you can just load it here and see if it displays well: https://djitelemetryoverlay.com/
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Actually, normally you should have the separate file when you enable it. however. I already reach out to our team about this for clarification will get back to you once I got the Answer. Thanks!
2018-8-30
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-30 07:36
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Actually, normally you should have the separate file when you enable it. however. I already reach out to our team about this for clarification will get back to you once I got the Answer. Thanks!

Appreciated
2018-8-30
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Spain

I checked the SRT file @imwhitey sent me and it does not contain location data like the Mavic 1 and Phantoms. Just camera settings, like the Mavic Air, unfortunately.

Let's hope DJI adds it at some point, but I'm not hopeful.
2018-8-30
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Spain

Just to report back, Mavic 2 now has full GPS data, including altitude, in SRT files
2019-11-27
Use props
djiuser_KVMX8L9uqiCt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2037 ft
New Zealand

Hi I have Mavic 2 Pro that says its altitude far away from the actual height I see on my RC. Anyone know how to fix it so I can record on SRT files the actual level (from the ground to the flying level)? I am scratching my head as all I get on the SRT files seems to be an absolute altitude and cannot simply modify the data to the relative altitudes I need for my project. Thanks
3-5 20:29
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Spain

djiuser_KVMX8L9uqiCt Posted at 3-5 20:29
Hi I have Mavic 2 Pro that says its altitude far away from the actual height I see on my RC. Anyone know how to fix it so I can record on SRT files the actual level (from the ground to the flying level)? I am scratching my head as all I get on the SRT files seems to be an absolute altitude and cannot simply modify the data to the relative altitudes I need for my project. Thanks

If you have the initial altitude or the home altitude, can't you subtract it later in your workflow?
3-11 01:45
Use props
Yostan0526
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2037 ft
New Zealand

0Kajuna0 Posted at 3-11 01:45
If you have the initial altitude or the home altitude, can't you subtract it later in your workflow?

I can calculate looking at the difference in the values, but the problem is I got a client who wants the SRT files displaying the altitude from the ground (take off point). I suggested I take videos from the ground so the reading starts from the ground level, but they basically want the altitude from ground in SRT to utilise for purpose of processing it with AI.

Another work-around I thought of is manually modify the altitude values in SRT files using a programming language. I use Mac so am a bit familiar with Terminal. I have researched on how to create a command to subtract a certain value from the given values on a file... (say if I get the altitude at the ground level, I just need to subtract that from the altitude values when flying), which is time consuming. I believe there have been some people who have solved this problem, but I am just grasping at straws atm
3-11 02:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules