Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it waypoint 2 available for mavic 2?
7993 38 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I am looking to buy Mavic pro 2 and one of the reasons that I want it is the waypoint 2. At the official site write that it will be available soon. When?
2018-8-30
Use props
nivong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2267251 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What is "waypoint 2"?
Hyperlapse has waypoint option?
2018-8-30
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question yes you should have that feature but make sure you have the latest firmware which is v01.00.00.00
2018-8-30
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Good news
2018-8-30
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

ok. Thank you!
2018-8-30
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-30 07:01
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question yes you should have that feature but make sure you have the latest firmware which is v01.00.00.00

I have latest firmware, but no Waypoints at all?
2018-8-30
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

Really? And why DJI Stephen said that waypoins exist?
2018-8-30
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Greece

The official site writing available soon. DJI Stephen you are not well informed!
2018-8-30
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Now with 0100000 Firmware waypoints only for Hyperlapse..
When is COMING SOON????
2018-8-31
Use props
OMGitsaWarCat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27238 ft
Czechia

What about Dji Mavic Air - Still no Waypoints 1 (only buy Litchi app 25 usd) .. I will buy Mavic 2 later in this year
2018-9-1
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Even the manual has lots of "Coming Soons".  Which is a bit amateur!
2018-9-1
Use props
Rex Maximilian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27264 ft

I specifically need the waypoints for the Mavic 2 Pro... and NOT for time-lapse. I need to be able to freely control the camera while it flies on auto-pilot. Why was this left off? This will complicate things greatly for me!
2018-9-8
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

GeorgeGreek Posted at 2018-8-30 11:20
Really? And why DJI Stephen said that waypoins exist?

Thats what they always do, tell you what you want to hear, regardless of the actual facts.
2018-9-9
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-1 10:29
Even the manual has lots of "Coming Soons".  Which is a bit amateur!

And most of them we will probably never see...
2018-9-9
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
  • >>>

hey Cineview you are right!!!!
Were r u from?
2018-9-9
Use props
jekkil
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi Guys, I can see lot of youtube video where they told about waypoints. Apparently it's reached by doing a swipe to left in the intelligent mode menu, but on mine (latest dpi app on iPhone) and latest firmware on Mavic 2 pro, I cannot swipe and no waypoints mode...
Am I doing something wrong or is it not yet released for Mavic 2 ?
I do not even talk by setting waypoint on the map, but just by going to different point and then saving as waypoints before asking the drone to follow the path.

Is it something available for previous drone, but not yet for Mavic 2 ? Strange if that's the case.

Thanks already for any help on this :-)
2018-9-24
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

It's in the firmware. Litchie waypoints works fine along with poi. Tested it all out
2018-9-24
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rex Maximilian Posted at 2018-9-8 19:24
I specifically need the waypoints for the Mavic 2 Pro... and NOT for time-lapse. I need to be able to freely control the camera while it flies on auto-pilot. Why was this left off? This will complicate things greatly for me!

I don’t understand why it was left of because it works well on 3rd party apps like litchi....
2018-9-25
Use props
jekkil
lvl.1
Belgium

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-24 21:54
It's in the firmware. Litchie waypoints works fine along with poi. Tested it all out

Thehippoz, tha k for the answer, but me in POI intelligent flying mode, I have only circle available
Look at the screenshot (it's in French) but there is no other option proposed than circle.

What do I miss ?
2018-9-25
Use props
jekkil
lvl.1
Belgium

jekkil Posted at 2018-9-25 04:04
Thehippoz, tha k for the answer, but me in POI intelligent flying mode, I have only circle available
Look at the screenshot (it's in French) but there is no other option proposed than circle.
[view_image]

Ok while checking with DJI online support, this waypoint mode for Mavic 2 is not yet released. Future release :-/
2018-9-25
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Waypoints 2.0 is still not available through the Dji Go4 app, even though nearly every third-party Dji flight app works just fine. Why the heck can't Dji release it for their app already? I'd much rather use the proprietary app over a third-party, but I'm forced to use Litchi because Waypoints are a vital flight mode for my application.
2018-9-25
Use props
djiuser_iRRqDR0f4loY
lvl.1
United States

i got nothing, just want to follow this thread.
2018-10-10
Use props
DLMsu
New
United States

Seems a lot of stuff is missing, this is my first DJI drone, probably should of waited to make sure everything got put into it.
2018-10-11
Use props
pooch
lvl.1
United States

Zatx Posted at 2018-9-25 11:16
Waypoints 2.0 is still not available through the Dji Go4 app, even though nearly every third-party Dji flight app works just fine. Why the heck can't Dji release it for their app already? I'd much rather use the proprietary app over a third-party, but I'm forced to use Litchi because Waypoints are a vital flight mode for my application.

same boat here.  litchi or drone deploy
2018-10-11
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

LOL ..Soon ..like so much other stuff
2018-10-11
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Time for DJI to tell us how soon!  Maybe a new thread a day would get some attention.
2018-10-11
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is this from your DJI GO 4 app?
If so which version do you have?  Is it a beta version?
Thanks,
San
2018-10-25
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonder when "Coming Soon" deteriorates into "False Advertising Lawsuit."
2018-10-25
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thinking waypoints from DJI ain't coming to any further DJI drones due to autonomous flight (waypoint mission) allows users to "shut off" the RC once uploaded into the AC, basically rendering this (DJI's) new tracking systems ability to link the AC's back to the RC (user) useless. Hence, no RC on/active during flight, no way to find the person controlling it.......Just a theory but why continue to add a feature to your Drones that thwarts (part of) what YOUR own drone tracking system needs?......Hmmm?

This almost seems too inside to me, create products that hyper floods a free market, then as the free market happens to need regulation due to the nature of the product, create a product that works specifically and primerily and seems solely intended for your (that) product. Under the ospus of safety of course...BRILLENT move DJI!!   

2018-10-26
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-10-26 08:32
Thinking waypoints from DJI ain't coming to any further DJI drones due to autonomous flight (waypoint mission) allows users to "shut off" the RC once uploaded into the AC, basically rendering this (DJI's) new tracking systems ability to link the AC's back to the RC (user) useless. Hence, no RC on/active during flight, no way to find the person controlling it.......Just a theory but why continue to add a feature to your Drones that thwarts (part of) what YOUR own drone tracking system needs?......Hmmm?

@ 54 sec, guess who?

I think you give them too much credit. I'm much more inclined to think that this is a product they threw together to try and avoid new regulations/laws that would effectively kill off their primary customers... hobbyists. They can wave their hands and say, "Hey, we don't need tighter regulations, here is a device to identify who's breaking the rules!"

And, how does a waypoint mission effectively make an aircraft untraceable, that doesn't seem logical considering all of the ways other ways to identify who owns the drone.
2018-10-26
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Zatx Posted at 2018-10-26 10:13
"I  think you give them too much credit. I'm much more inclined to think  that this is a product they threw together to try and avoid new  regulations/laws that would effectively kill off their primary  customers... hobbyists. They can wave their hands and say, "Hey, we  don't need tighter regulations, here is a device to identify who's  breaking the rules!"

Could be, sure, I agree to some extent but, time will tell eh? Nickle bet no DJI generated waypoint/autonomous flight features are coming/added anytime soon to present/future DJI drones?  

Zatx Posted at 2018-10-26 10:13

"And, how does a waypoint mission effectively  make an aircraft untraceable, that doesn't seem logical considering all  of the ways other ways to identify who owns the drone."

Not the AC, the RC (user) is pinned down by the comms between the AC and RC................No RC = No pinning down the user's location. That is ultimatly what they (interested parties) want IF they want anything, they really want the guy flying it, especially desirable in real time!! Drone's are now bought and sold on open markets by the 1000's and sales are expected to exponentiate, there isn't nessesarily "other ways" in most instances, not anymore...

2018-10-26
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-10-26 08:32
Thinking waypoints from DJI ain't coming to any further DJI drones due to autonomous flight (waypoint mission) allows users to "shut off" the RC once uploaded into the AC, basically rendering this (DJI's) new tracking systems ability to link the AC's back to the RC (user) useless. Hence, no RC on/active during flight, no way to find the person controlling it.......Just a theory but why continue to add a feature to your Drones that thwarts (part of) what YOUR own drone tracking system needs?......Hmmm?

@ 54 sec, guess who?

I'm confused...........
2018-10-26
Use props
djiuser_zd4wXXw5lRcK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29072 ft
Japan

I'm also still waiting for Waypoints. It makes getting the perfect shot so much easier. I don't feel like buying litchi just for that feature.
2018-10-27
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That's okay, so am I and I'm sure as are the Russians after hearing that " that is a bigger concern we're colluding with them right now"
2018-10-27
Use props
KVSRaju Kanumuri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26703 ft
India

When we can expect waypoint in Mavic 2 pro.
2019-1-4
Use props
Mostly Tom
New
Flight distance : 34278 ft
United Kingdom

I just spoke again with DJi online support and currently no confirmation can be given as to when an update with "Waypoints" may happen!
2019-1-7
Use props
Peace Ov Mind
New

New Zealand

I set the 'Waypoint' mission on my MAVIC 2 ZOOM (mission flight duration of 15 minutes) and pressed 'GO', the drone took off and 2 minutes into its mission I lost all signal on controller. (Strong interference)

For the next 12 minutes i held the controller with no signal and literally thought i had lost my drone.
Turned it off and on again, looked at the flight data which stopped recording footprint data.

But thankfully, 15 minutes later It came back and did a precision landing .
2019-2-2
Use props
Peace Ov Mind
New

New Zealand

I set the 'Waypoint' mission on my MAVIC 2 ZOOM (mission flight duration of 15 minutes) and pressed 'GO', the drone took off and 2 minutes into its mission I lost all signal on controller. (Strong interference)

For the next 12 minutes i held the controller with no signal and literally thought i had lost my drone.
Turned it off and on again, looked at the flight data which stopped recording footprint data.

But thankfully, 15 minutes later It came back and did a precision landing .
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules