Mavic 2 Precision landing
31988 248 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Diaz
lvl.1
United States

HCL Posted at 2018-9-6 12:33
The first good information for days. Thanks for that.

No prob, a bit of optimism goes a long way.
2018-9-6
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess DJI got sick of watching RTH precision landing tests on YouTube.  The people have spoken.  Let them eat cake.
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-6 09:59
After considering ??  It was announced at the Live event that the Mavic 2 would have precision landing.

Subtle reminder to customers to keep them in their place?
2018-9-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-6 21:06
Pardon me but there is a difference between a user being temporarily suspended due to a heated discussion, & a user who has been banned permanently, on multiple occasions, for everything ranging from the creation & dissemination of fabricated DJI internal emails, to the outright impersonation of DJI officials.  (Yes, he actually did these things & I still have the texts where he quite proudly boasted of these deeds)

There is also a difference between a well-known user posting under a pseudonym & an obnoxious, unlikable, troll, who chooses to create one fake profile after another due to a personality disorder, a need to create chaos & make a nuisance of himself, & a complete lack of online people skills.

I think I understand.  You are saying, person living in fragile glass house throwing boulders, is not as bad as person the boulders were thrown at.

Please forgive me for having a different perspective.  I have no previous experience with person who boulders were thrown at.  However, I have a lot of unpleasant experiences with person who was throwing boulders.

2018-9-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

For anyone interested.  Here's a video regarding the current status (9/07/2018) of 'Precision Landing' on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.  You can skip ahead to 6:05 to get into the specifics for the Mavic 2.   In short, without precision landing, your off by about 1 meter.  

2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-7 09:16
Some thoughts on the precision landing of the MP2:  

I think it’s time TommyGA skipped along, he posted a FAKE email the other day saying that we wouldn’t see PL, now he’s posting that we will have PL, it’s the two faces he portrays that’s quite funny,
He has been trolling these forums for 3 years now, insulting members, going out of his way to demean insult personally bash anyone he can lock on to.

He has been banned for life under the avatar Glimmerman
He has been banned for life under the avatar Montymelon
He’s been banned for life under the avatar Ron HarperReal name Dave Bender.
And many more of his avatars have been banned for life.

He’s a lying cheating tow rag, he may have a few lackeys around here who seem to revel in what he does, but I’m certain he has now become repugnant to most members, only someone with serious mental problems would come on a forum like this, trying to gain any favour from the sh#t he keeps spouting , he is no addition to this forum and it’s getting clearer that most members as they find out who he is are ignoring him, keep it up as I believe he’s about to hit the self destruct button soooooon.
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-9-7 09:27
Hey, DB - why don't you give it a rest now. It seems like TommyGA is trying to pull the thread back to what it should be.  I came here because I replaced my P4 and was disappointed with no precision landing.  
Page 15 of the Mavic Pro manual lists the conditions needed for precicion landing to work. GPS is needed to get the craft into the ballpark where the downward camera integration with flight control can takeover. The precision aspect is all contingent on optical parameters.

Hello again Dave Bender, very sad , did mammy leave you at home alone again, Sad
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-7 09:54
WingSpeef is another Bilbo account.

Got that.

“People who are two faced, usually forget which mask they are wearing at some point in their life.”
2018-9-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

Holy hijack Batman!
2018-9-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

This forum is in serious need of moderators.
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-7 10:36
Nothing "fake" about that email. It was written on another forum  by some very well known DJI Support staff. And its also on MP. You are one funny dude. Is this the "email" you are taking about? You can find it here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... ead%2A%2A%2A/page95

YOUR A FAKE , YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE, YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS , EXCEPT FICTIONAL ONES LIKE.
WINGSPEED
MONTYMELON
RON HARPER
GLIMMERMAN
COMPLETE NEWBIE ( this one is new)

SOMEONE COME ALONG WITH THE BAN STICK. TOMMYGA IS A FRAUD OPERATING FROM MUMMYS BASEMENT, SHE LEFT AND HE HAS NO MEDS LEFT, CRAWLING THE WALL NOW.
2018-9-7
Use props
Jason Diaz
lvl.1
United States

I think of DJI as more than a drone/camera company but more so as a tech robotics company that is developing machine learning/autonomous. I did a bit of research of the differences between IR and Ultrasonic key benefits and tradeoffs are and I find it all very fascinating. 3D mapping is something that IR is really good at. During some basic testing more light improves IR, which explains the LED flood light for flying in darker environments. I just now read that search and rescue require autonomous precision landing for improved multitasking during operation. This is also good at aiding in night time search/rescues missions by first responders. Might be why DJI is working on Mavic Enterprise with some add-on payloads options and solutions. iPhone X has IR mapping which is kinda cool tech. It's not uncommon for companies to add features and take them away to improve upon before re-release. As far as the automation aspect like Precision Landing and Waypoint improvements in 2.0, I think this is the sort of the same approach with most modern cars that have IR/3D mapping for autopilot. DJI is creating new pathways and it's very exciting that we can partake in this.
2018-9-7
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-7 10:36
Nothing "fake" about that email. It was written on another forum  by some very well known DJI Support staff. And its also on MP. You are one funny dude. Is this the "email" you are taking about? You can find it here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... ead%2A%2A%2A/page95

Thanks for including the quote from the prosecutor. It helped me to find the same online article you seem to be quoting from and come to my own conclusion. For some reason you seem to have left out this part of the article:

"Prosecutors vowed a second trial. But one prosecution witness disappeared and a new one has provided information that corroborates some of Lovelace's account that Miller threatened him with pool cues."
2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-6 21:49
I'm saying be careful with whom you chose to play house.  You're not his friend.  You're just a tool to be played against a common adversary.  You'll figure this out for yourself in time.

Thanks for Heads Up.  

Thus far no problems from one who got boulders tossed at him.  However...

The one who lives in fragile glass house and throws boulders, has Gone-off Deep-end.  Over being outed for having and using more than one user account.  Gotten several PMs.  

One PM with him trying to justify IDs being needed do to Login trouble.  Another PM about his account being attacked (multiple bad logins - likely his own doing).

And get this; another PM about his account being hacked.  With PM'd questions to me suggesting I was involved.  Followed with warnings that he had asked DJI to investigate.  (Here is to hoping he really did!)

Further PMs that he had requested his account be reassigned.  Perhaps he should use one of his fakes!    And he had sent a PM to DJI Admin about supposed hacking and me.

Our boulder throwing resident of Fragile house, when presented with a piece of evidence that ran counter to his claimed hacking, went off - ranting.   
2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-7 10:43
YOUR A FAKE , YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE, YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS , EXCEPT FICTIONAL ONES LIKE.
WINGSPEED
MONTYMELON

hallmark007 - YOUR A FAKE , YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE

Hey hallmark007, can you say H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e?
2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-7 10:01
Got that.

“People who are two faced, usually forget which mask they are wearing at some point in their life.”

Quoted like a true expert.
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-7 15:39

I had no choice and my second account was advised by djisupport I have already told HedgeTrimmer this .i will leave email below about the hacking of my Account, and who do you think might have done this, was it TommyGA’s lackey.

Please log in now to reset your account
View in browser
DJI
Dear Customer,

Recently, we've noticed unusual login attempts with some DJI accounts. To protect your account and personal information, we strongly recommend that you change your password immediately.

Please follow any one of these methods to reset your DJI account password:
Visit https://account.dji.com/reset to reset your password
Email or speak with our support team at https://www.dji.com/support

We apologize for any inconvenience. Your safety and security is our top priority. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you.

Best,
DJI Customer Support Team.

So as usual HedgeTrimmer is being a complete idiot, he’s all mouth and no trousers and I would advise anyone who comes into contact with him to make sure their accounts are not hacked.
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-7 15:47
I had no choice and my second account was advised by djisupport I have already told HedgeTrimmer this .i will leave email below about the hacking of my Account, and who do you think might have done this, was it TommyGA’s lackey.

Here’s Hedgetrimmer second account and he has more.
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-7 15:35
Thanks for Heads Up.   

TommyGA’s whipping boy , doesn’t even have a working drone spends all his time on Mavic Air forum not helping people, telling them they will be like him never able to fly.
Now spends all his time on the M2 forum and has said he will never ever get an M2.
So it’s very easy to work out who is the troll here, he is so well matched as TommyGA whipping boy.

Cmon Hedge Tommy needs you whip up a storm for him, show him how many accounts you have go on hedge TommyGA Dave Bender need you, he might lend you one of his drones to fly, and you can share your crystal sky with TommyGA.

Hedge & Dave together forever . LMAO.....
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

How sad is HedgeTrimmer, this is what he spends his time doing and all members beware of him.

He trolled through 3 years of my posts
He continually copies and pastes of posts I made years ago
He is on my back with everything I post
He has tried to demean me and others here as much as he can.
Trolling is his favorite pastime, spends considerable amounts of time reporting people trying to get them banned
Copying and pasting taking things out of context

Who does that sound like anyone who has been around here long enough will tell you, TommyGA, his new best mate who he has now adopted and will defend no matter what Lackey........
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No you just shot yourself in the foot again, everything you said is wrong but I managed to show all the proof of my account being hacked, your just a very sad troll who has nowhere to go so you hang around the forum trying to cause as much hysteria as you can, but again you got it wrong, and everyone around here should know accounts are being hacked.

2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No you just shot yourself in the foot again, everything you said is wrong but I managed to show all the proof of my account being hacked, your just a very sad troll who has nowhere to go so you hang around the forum trying to cause as much hysteria as you can, but again you got it wrong, and everyone around here should know accounts are being hacked.

2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-7 15:47

Hallmark007 - ''I had no choice and my second account was advised by djisupport I have  already told HedgeTrimmer this .i will leave email below about the  hacking of my Account, and who do you think might have done this, was it  TommyGA’s lackey.''

First off thanks Hallmark007 for your reply, cause you just publicly admitted to having more than one account.

Second, I got one of those emails too!  (image below) Betting others here did too.  

Take note of date (August 13th, 2018) on screen snapshot of DJI's email.  DJI's email came thru rough a month after your first post (7-13 08:50) as High King, Highsking, HighKing Fake account.  As such so much for another one of your Spins and Deceptions.

DJI-on-Login-Passwords2018-09-07 at 12.37.10 PM.png

Thus, you are LYING about your account being hacked and your are LYING about needing a second account.

Tangled up in your own Web of Decpetions!

2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-7 16:29

[view_image]

No you just shot yourself in the foot again, everything you said is wrong but I managed to show all the proof of my account being hacked,

Speaking of shooting yourself in the foot again, again, and again.

Wondering how Forum members here feel about you using your Hallmark007 account and Highking / Highsking / High King with in 11 minutes of each other?  

High-King_Hallmark_Back2Back-Posts_2018-09-07 at 3.42.01 PM.jpg

Clearly your Hallmark account was not having problems or inaccessible, as you initially tried to claimed to me in PMs.   Cause you are using it!
Further, the timestamps on both show you had created fake account before DJI's email was sent.

How are you going to SPIN it this time High King / Hallmark007?  
2018-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-7 16:51
No you just shot yourself in the foot again, everything you said is wrong but I managed to show all the proof of my account being hacked,

Speaking of shooting yourself in the foot again, again, and again.

Here’s HedgeTrimmer talking to himself how stupid can you get.

2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Highking Posted at 2018-9-7 16:49
Your so full of sh*t . I don’t need you to tell me my account was or wasn’t hacked . I’m sure you can troll through the last 3 years of my account and tell everyone . How sad is that.
How did you end up as loose cannon and all the other accounts you have, the only one lying around here is you and you know it.
Just go back to your boyfriend he needs a bit of whipping to be done.

Highking (aka Hallmark007) - ''Your so full of sh*t . I don’t need you to tell me my account was or  wasn’t hacked . I’m sure you can troll through the last 3 years of my  account and tell everyone .''

And there we have it.  Hallmark007 (as Highking) completely looses it, and replies to me under his alternate fake ID of Highking.

Highking/Hallmark007, you only have one person to blame and that is Hallmark007/Highking.  I told Hallmark007, to either post a link to what he had fasely claimed I said or Appoligize and to remove his fabricated quote.

Instead you choose not too.  Finally sending me a PM (as Highking) saying you (Hallmark007) would never appolgize.
Highking_No-Apology.jpg

You then choose to continue attacking others for supposedly doing what you were doing.  

Now in your typical Trolling SPIN, Denial, Deception, Sidetracking, Fabricating, and Lying - you accuse me without evidence of being someone else here.
Most would say a pretty stupid thing to do, after already getting outed as a member with more than one account.

2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-7 16:58
Here’s HedgeTrimmer talking to himself how stupid can you get.

[view_image][view_image]

That's your evidence?  Seriously that is what you based your Smoke Blowing Accusation on?

Same person responding to me, and not exactly with accolades second time.

Watch out People!  If someone responds to you more than once, in Hallmark007's forum, the responder is you!  

2018-9-7
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Admins should delete this thread.  Its embarrassing.   Just two school kids bickering.
2018-9-8
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4

2018-9-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Think you are lucky that MP2 fell into field of young corn stalks (or whatever stalks are), to slow impact.
2018-9-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has made for an entertaining read on the crapper.  Thank you.
2018-9-8
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

DJI is there any ETA for putting Precision Landing to Mavic 2 series? Thanks.
2018-9-13
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-13 09:48
DJI is there any ETA for putting Precision Landing to Mavic 2 series? Thanks.

I'm ballparking within the next 6 months (give or take)

-FC
2018-9-13
Use props
OnosToolan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all, I just got my M2 here in the UK, it has a precision landing option in the aircraft menu after the new firmware update. It works fine.
2018-9-14
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

Could you please send screenshot? as I have also updated firmware and there is nothing like that, also drone is not doing "precission landing" during landing it is of about 2 meters.
2018-9-14
Use props
OnosToolan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aye I will get onto it tomorrow with the screen shot.
Just been out flying again tonight and it still lands fine its about 2 inches off take off point, and that was after setting a manual home point.
2018-9-14
Use props
BillTS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 434058 ft
United States

Strongly asking for getting the percision landing!
2018-9-14
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Used RTH twice tonight in the dark, both within 2 feet of launch maybe closer.
2018-9-14
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovakia

2 feet is simply not precise accurate, older drones with precision landing were landing within inches.
2018-9-16
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

DH_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-16 03:07
2 feet is simply not precise accurate, older drones with precision landing were landing within inches.

And it can be 2ft to 20ft depending on GPS geometry...and you wont know which it is until it tries to land.
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules