Mavic 2 Pro RTH Option not available?
1930 11 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BJohnson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945732 ft
United States

I took my maiden flight the other evening and noted that when I switched out of beginner mode (default) just before I took off, there was no option asking
to set the home point.

I didn't think much of it, but, last night, I powered up the drone and connected the app, ensured I was running the latest firmware, and the option for RTH was greyed
out and when asking if I wanted to take off, there was no home point set.

I always manually control my craft and land myself, but, it's a nice to have option to know that the craft knows how to RTH in the event of a fluke circumstance.

What am I missing? How do you ensure that RTH is enabled?

2018-8-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The home point should be automatically set when the motors start. You can confirm the home point is set by checking the location of the red aircraft symbol on the map in DJI GO.

Did you check out your flight log to confirm the home point really wasn't set? If not, you can upload and view your flight log online here. After uploading your flight log, post the link back here if you'd like other people to review it.
2018-8-30
Use props
BJohnson
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-30 06:40
The home point should be automatically set when the motors start. You can confirm the home point is set by checking the location of the red aircraft symbol on the map in DJI GO.

Did you check out your flight log to confirm the home point really wasn't set? If not, you can upload and view your flight log online here. After uploading your flight log, post the link back here if you'd like other people to review it.

I guess I'm used to the original Mavic Pro where it gives you the option to tick the box enabling RTH and the audible announcement saying "The Home Point has been updated. Please check the Map".

When I check the flight logs, there's a green H and it shows the history of the flight, but, I'm a bit leary,
and  I'm glad I manually kept in visual sight of the craft and landed it  on my own because where I was standing in relation to what the app was reporting was off by at least 70 feet.  The craft was near an open field, however, had I been any lower, a crash could into a 4 story apartment building could have occurred.

I'll share the flight logs soon.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble. I would like to make sure you do the right steps on how to enable RTH on Mavic 2 Pro. Please kindly see the attached image below for reference. Also, please try to uninstall and reinstall your app. Thank you.

2018-8-30
Use props
BJohnson
lvl.1
United States

Flight Log As Requested.

Thanks!

2018-8-30
Use props
BJohnson
lvl.1
United States

The home point should be automatically set when the motors start. You can confirm the home point is set by checking the location of the red aircraft symbol on the map in DJI GO.

Did you check out your flight log to confirm the home point really wasn't set? If not, you can upload and view your flight log online here. After uploading your flight log, post the link back here if you'd like other people to review it.

Flight Log as requested
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

BJohnson Posted at 2018-8-30 12:24
Flight Log as requested

To me all looks good. Home point was recorded and RTH active according to your flightrecord. Just one observation: Better always take off with a fully charged battery to be on the safe side.
2018-8-30
Use props
GaryNash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

looks like a great trouble free flight ..
2018-8-30
Use props
BJohnson
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-30 12:31
To me all looks good. Home point was recorded and RTH active according to your flightrecord. Just one observation: Better always take off with a fully charged battery to be on the safe side.

Yeah.. I'd taken a brief up and down by my place and then traveled a bit away before sundown. My car charger hasn't come in yet, so I figure with ~3/4 battery  on a brand new rig as long as I can return when it hit 30%, I'd be ok.

I's just odd that the behavior of audibly setting the home point doesn't occur like I'm used to.

Am going to uninstall/reinstall the app later today and will report back.
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

BJohnson Posted at 2018-8-30 12:37
Yeah.. I'd taken a brief up and down by my place and then traveled a bit away before sundown. My car charger hasn't come in yet, so I figure with ~3/4 battery  on a brand new rig as long as I can return when it hit 30%, I'd be ok.

Unfortunately I can't share first hand experience yet since my one hasn't arrived yet.
2018-8-30
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

BJohnson Posted at 2018-8-30 12:24
Flight Log as requested

Thanks! All looks good log-wise.

I'm not sure why you did not hear the audible confirmation. I've seen other people mention this (when flying various DJI drones) and they always claim to have had the volume turned up on their mobile devices.

As a habit, I always check the home point on the map and probably sometimes tune out that audible confirmation. So, it might not be sounding for me sometimes too. Even when it is sounding properly, it's safest to confirm the home point has been set in the correct location on the map (which is what it instructs you to do).
2018-8-30
Use props
BJohnson
lvl.1
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-30 17:18
Thanks! All looks good log-wise.

I'm not sure why you did not hear the audible confirmation. I've seen other people mention this (when flying various DJI drones) and they always claim to have had the volume turned up on their mobile devices.

Yesterday evening, I did uninstall/reinstall the DJI Go 4 app, and this time I heard the familiar audio notification stating the homepoint has been updated.

Also, Went on another flight this morning and when I tested the RTH, it came back where I expected it to.

I'm going to chalk this up to a UI difference between the Mavic 1 and Mavic 2, in that on the Mavic 1, it gives an additional option when you take off asking about setting the homepoint.

Thanks everyone!
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules