Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery fried! Firmware update 2.6.0.0
5562 16 2014-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjchickos
New

United States

So I went to do the Firmware update on one of my smart batteries. everything seemed to be going just fine until it told me that the update failed. Then a popup appeared that said something like not "DJI Intelligent Battery". the lights on the Phantom turned red and the two center lights of the four battery indicator lights were lit up. I attempted to power cycle it but nothing happened. It would not go off! I pulled the battery out of the phantom because I was afraid that it might cause harm to the craft. once I pulled it out the battery appeared to to shut itself off. I went ahead and attempted to put it back in thinking that every thing was all good. As soon as I put it back in all the red lights came back on and just like before just the two center lights on the battery.

I tried a few more things but after about 5 minutes we reached a point where no lights would come on. Not on the Phantom or on the battery. it appears as if it is completely fried. I thought maybe if I plugged the battery into the charger maybe some light will come on but still i got nothing. EVEN the little green light on the charger that turns red when you plug a battery in didn't change.  

clearly the firmware update messed something up. I haven't had it more than 3 weeks.
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-steve
lvl.2

China

how long since you purchased your battery,and where did you buy it?
before you pull out the battery, did you turn off the battery first? if not ,battery's life will be cut off!

could you take some pictures for us to check what is  happen when you turn on your battery?

2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

China

When the battery fails to upgrade during the process, you could always try to upgrade it again.
2014-11-6
Use props
eric_aguileram
New

Panama

Quizás quisiste decir: si el sistema no puede actualizar la batería, que puede significar que las 2 luces led del medio solo queden encendidas ??

if the system can not update the battery, which may mean that the 2 LED lights stay lit medium alone ??
2014-11-6
Use props
eric_aguileram
New

Panama

if the system can not update the battery, which may mean that the 2 LED lights stay lit medium alone ??
2014-11-6
Use props
eric_aguileram
New

Panama

look this link...the same problem

2014-11-6
Use props
roelperalta
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Bruce Posted at 2014-11-7 00:22
When the battery fails to upgrade during the process, you could always try to upgrade it again.

This is true if the battery can still provide power to the unit. The issue is on most cases, the battery just dies and does not want to turn on.

So no power to the phantom.
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Bruce
lvl.2

China

roelperalta@yah Posted at 2014-11-7 05:52
This is true if the battery can still provide power to the unit. The issue is on most cases, the b ...

If the battery runs out of power during upgrade, you can always charge the battery for a while and return to the upgrade process. Give it a shot. How's your last battery? We will try to figure it out.
2014-11-6
Use props
tjchickos
New

United States

thanks for all the feedback!

Sorry if i was a little unclear in my post. the battery is completely dead now. it was doing the two center lights for a few minutes then the cut out for good. putting the battery on the charger does absolutely nothing. As I said not even the little green light on the charger that's supposed to turn red when charging will switch.

In short roelperalta was right the battery wont give power to the unit so trying the upgrade again is sadly not possible.

to reply to you last post there DJI-Bruce my other batteries updated and both work fine.

The batteries were purchased online from DJI they were about 3 weeks old I do believe. maybe 10 cycles each. I did disconnect the battery when it was ON simply due to the fact that it would not turn off. all that was on were the two center lights but unlike the video posted I wasn't able to turn them on and off with the power button. they were just stuck ON.

Thanks all for your help!
2014-11-7
Use props
lisbotb9
New

Australia

The exact same thing has just happened to my battery.
2014-11-7
Use props
Fsucharles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348425 ft
United States

Hello DJI,

SO, if I have older batteries with low cycle amounts and a loader of v1.5.0 am I correct in understanding those batteries are not firmware upgradable?
2014-11-7
Use props
wdahlstrom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94839 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI, I have enjoyed my Phantom 2 Vision for almost a year. I have flown large RC electric planes for 10+ years so I am familiar with lipo batteries.  Today I updated my Controller (transmitter), my P2V flight board and my 5 batteries.  Two batteries I bought with the Quad have the oldest software. The DJI download recognized the batteries and told me there was an update available. I followed the update procedure and cycled the batteries as requested by the DJI Phantom app.  When I flew with these batteries I got an error message with 30 seconds of takeoff; "Battery Communication Fault".  I landed each time and reconnected the Phantom app only to discover new error messages "Not DJI Intelligent Battery".  These two batteries worked fine before the DJI upgrade. The procedure was followed correctly and it finished successfully according to the Phantom App. Now these two batteries are useless. Ruined. The other 3 DJI batteries were purchased less than 60 days ago. They are OEM batteries from DJI.  I also updated them successfully using the Phantom app.  After the upgrade they all gave the same error message in the first 30 seconds of the flight "Battery Communication Fault".  After the failed flights I reconnected with the DJI Phantom app and the error message "Not a DJI Intelligent Battery" came up.  How can this be?  DJI has NEVER sold their batteries by version or generation. They are always labled the same way.  3 new batteries aren't recognized as the latest "DJI Intelligent Batteries"? That's crazy wrong. DJI help me out here. After a day wasted updating my software I now have a very expensive box full of DJI equipment that no longer works.
2014-11-23
Use props
ghostmaster
lvl.2

Portugal

Your problem is the new P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8, it blocks lipos with 1.6.0.0 firmware (older version lipos).

Like i said in this topic: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-11-23
Use props
croioi
lvl.1

Sweden

ghostmaster Posted at 2014-11-24 07:05
Your problem is the new P330CB Firmware 1.0.2.8, it blocks lipos with 1.6.0.0 firmware (older versio ...

Any word on this from DJI?
2014-11-25
Use props
ghostmaster
lvl.2

Portugal

croioi Posted at 2014-11-25 20:55
Any word on this from DJI?

They say its to avoid problems from third party lipos...
2014-11-25
Use props
croioi
lvl.1

Sweden

ghostmaster Posted at 2014-11-26 04:22
They say its to avoid problems from third party lipos...

I see, well then it makes perfect sense to make my genuine battery unusable. I'll just go ahead and throw it away and buy a new one, I mean since they are so cheap
2014-11-25
Use props
fansffaf6d75
New
Flight distance : 1896 ft
Guatemala

My mavic messed up after upgrade, and crashed, just stoped running in from of me, and fell straight down...
2017-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules