Poll: Overall how would you rate your DJI spark out of 5?
2809 39 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mightye777
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38586 ft
Australia

Single SelectVote, Total 115 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-8-30
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

I gave it a 4. Mine has always worked flawlessly, but I knocked a point off for battery life. I always feel so rushed when I'm flying it.
2018-8-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

No problems at all.  It does what I need it to.  Granted I had to learn a bit about antenna orientation and wifi spectrum crowding.  Further had to learn to avoid fast panning shots like the studios do.
A Spark Drop 4.gif
2018-8-30
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

4, Mine ran itself into a building after losing connection, but DJI gave me a 100% off discount. so kudos to DJI
2018-8-30
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I rated mine a 4...I would like to have had 3 axis gimbal...it's very difficult to get a smooth yaw/pan video clip.
2018-8-30
Use props
FlyMaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 389482 ft
United States

Definitely a 5. My Spark has flown flawlessly and has given me remarkably good photos.
2018-8-30
Use props
Putzfrau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26896 ft
Sweden

It gets a 3 from me.
I had  hoped that DJI would eventually implement things like 25 fps and waypoints. It seems now like that won't happen, eventhough it should be fairly easy to do so.
Also I had a scary flyaway happen to me a few months ago. Not flown much since due to fear of that happening again.
2018-9-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I give it a 3..  Purely on no 4K (which we knew when we got it).    Lack of Flight time usually 12 mins not 16..   Also the connection issues and Fly aways reduced it to a 3...   Still  pretty solid performer..
2018-9-2
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

I gave it a 4, because of
- no manual ATTI mode selectable
- no firmware update regarding compass errors, ATTI drops and IMU exceptions

Besides that, I like Sparky a lot.
2018-9-3
Use props
nrrt***********
lvl.4

United States

5 , it's small enugf to take any were , fly's great , smart batteries that don't cost that much $50 any where . accessories are cheap what more can you ask for .
2018-9-8
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

5 for the drone
4 for the software (needs more modes activated - it can handle them)
2018-9-8
Use props
Steven Hawthorne
lvl.3

I gave it a 3....

Yes it's the entry level, and i totally understand no 4k....

For me 2-axis gimbal is just not good enough....and the DJI Go4 app is woeful.

Also, DJI have opted NOT to introduce features the SPARK can handle...especially on Quick Shots.

The fact DJI have limited what it can do is my issue......

I bought this as my first drone, and realized I had found the SPARKS limitations pretty quickly...

I will upgrade to the Air or Mavic soon....but not for their 4k camera or Quick shots...but to do simple movements that the SPARK just cant handle...
2018-9-8
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

For what it does, its the best. It absolutely needs a 3 axis gimbal! its the feature that the aircraft lacks and the one that ruins the majority of my shots and videos. Other than that, this drone instills the knowledge and skills that are required to fly a larger drone as a professional since you will absolutely learn smooth control and good manners or have bad shots!
2018-9-9
Use props
Bender1031
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209938 ft
United States

I gave it a 5 because the Spark is my first drone and has been amazing!  I do understand it's limitations compared to say, the Mavic, but it does exactly what I want.  One day I may upgrade to a fancier drone, but the Spark is pretty awesome.  I've never had any problems with disconnections or scary fly-aways... yet.  But I've also done my research and I understand why one of those events might happen - which I try to stay away from.  5 out of 5 for me!
2018-9-9
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft

I rate it as a 3 because of a fly away which DJI courteously replaced. I don’t feel safe flying the Spark due to sporadic disconnection issues and hardware errors, i.e. speed errors, gps errors, magnetic interference etc.
2018-9-10
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I gave it five stars because it does if not more than what DJI advertises. Obviously we can improve the Spark by adding a 3 axis gimbal, 4K image stabilization, and OcuSync 2.0. Maybe DJI could release low noise propellers, tinker with the battery slightly to extend a little more flight time, add more obstacle avoidance sensors? These additions would not only, in my opinion, make the Spark much better but would catapult it to being the best drone made by DJI?
2018-9-10
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

I agree batt life is to short!
2018-9-10
Use props
Jasta ~
First Officer
Flight distance : 500554 ft
Philippines

FOUR!

3 Axis Gimbal would've made it a FIVE!

AGREE.. . ?
2018-9-10
Use props
Axlbassman1980
lvl.2
United States

5. any problems ive had, have definitely been user error.
2018-9-11
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft

5 = I purchased a spark - It's still a spark. It works.
2018-9-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From when I had it I would give it a 3
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_L6DhiJ6fkhn2
New

Pakistan

Having an issue of getting location of spark in pakistan for way point mission . Is there is any restriction or issue any one who can guide?
2018-9-15
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4

As mentioned by others, mine has performed flawlessly. The pictures and video are just amazing considering the cam is mounted on a quad. The gimble is remarkably stable IMHO. We us it at our family functions to film the entire family together. Love it.
2018-9-15
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-10 12:45
I gave it five stars because it does if not more than what DJI advertises. Obviously we can improve the Spark by adding a 3 axis gimbal, 4K image stabilization, and OcuSync 2.0. Maybe DJI could release low noise propellers, tinker with the battery slightly to extend a little more flight time, add more obstacle avoidance sensors? These additions would not only, in my opinion, make the Spark much better but would catapult it to being the best drone made by DJI?

I agree David, however, such additions would drive the cost up to a point where it probably wouldn't be affordable as an entry level machine. Just my two cents. Have a great one man.
2018-9-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jezmo Posted at 2018-9-15 09:33
I agree David, however, such additions would drive the cost up to a point where it probably wouldn't be affordable as an entry level machine. Just my two cents. Have a great one man.

Yes. The best part about the Spark is the price. Keeping it at that $399 price point with Remote Controller should be the focus of DJI for releasing subsequent additions to the Spark.

I paid $727 all-in for my Spark ($569 + $50 tax) for my Spark, plus also got the extra battery ($49) with DJI Care Refresh ($59). Hopefully the next update will be more affordable.
2018-9-18
Use props
andwluv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167241 ft
Malaysia

I give 4. If DJI include all intelligent flight mode as others, it will be 5
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

was a 5 when delivered with the old 2017 era firmware... now its a 1 and would rate it a ZERO if it were an option....
and DJI customer service is a joke...

after updating to the latest firmware .. 2 weeks after purchase in Sept '18 ... its constant yaw issues and occasional atti excursions make it completely unreliable... until DJI fixes this firmware issue that is in the mavic pro/air/2 line as well.. I have all but grounded my fleet of 3 DJI products and using other hardware for the moment..

2018-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I gave it a 5, its remarkable that you can get such great tech in something so small, if you fly it like it should be flown it will work perfect.
2018-11-7
Use props
R.R.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17075456 ft
United States

I give it a 5, fun to fly and great drone for leaning with.
2018-11-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I give it a 5.  Still one of my favorite quads.  As hallmark said, if used as intended, it’s a fantastic.
2018-11-9
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1871611 ft
United States

Love my Spark! I've only had it right at about a month and have 10+ hours of airtime!
2019-1-30
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

I love my Spark its exactly what DJI said it would be 5/5 for me, lots of fun and goes everywhere with me.
If I want a Porsche I but a Porsche I dont buy a Toyota Prius and hope they upgrade it to a Porsche
2019-1-31
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

5 for the price point and for the size and for what it does overall it deserve the 5, Indeed i wish  3 Axis Gimbal 4K but if you wish to like me then we can go spend extra cash and get an advanced one ;)
2019-1-31
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft

4 from me. Love the Spark no doubt, but if I could shoot RAW with it, I'd love it even more and then it would get a 5.
2019-9-22
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft

For its size, weight and quality, the spark is definitely a 5
2019-9-22
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft

I gave my spark a 4 since its my first drone ever and didn't have much experience with them until I bought my spark.  I got a mavic air and it blows the spark out of the water
2019-9-22
Use props
Harleyrick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29629 ft
  • >>>

II gave it a 4, because:
1. No selectable - manual ATTI mode.
2. The battery falling out problem.
2019-9-22
Use props
Bullet675
lvl.2
Australia

I dont fly my Spark anymore because the battery's died and they are too impractical to renew so my spark is for sale with a RN controller and I am in Australia.
Replaced my Spark with a mini pro3
2023-1-5
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

2- I would give it a 5 (for tis time not now) if it was not for the battery designed - One rushed battery changed will yield you with spark free falling
2023-3-14
Use props
thohamv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344711 ft
Maldives

the only problem with the Spark is that, the battery charge it holds is very less compared to the new ones
2023-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules