Have i received a faulty Osmo mobile 2? Or is this normal?
959 2 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LifeOfChris
New

I just recieved my brand new osmo mobile 2 from amazon.
I want to start off by saying i watched many videos on youtube before buying one and in all the videos iv not really seen anyone cover these points so its hard to know whether my uint is funtioning as normal or is faulty. iv never owned a gimbal before so have no previous experience.

NOTE* Iv watched all the videos and have 100% balanced my phone correctly (Iphone 7) its sits perfectly level both ways horizontaly mounted.

1) In all the videos iv watched people pick the device up and litrally wave it around crazy in the air and it seems like its moving all over the place. even if i try to move the device at what i would call a 'medium' speed in various directions the gimbal kind of makes a soft grinding noise, like its got resistance, i know its probably the motor but is this normal? i would no way swing it as wildly as youtubers do in fear of breaking it. Also id like to add i have tripple checked the balancing jsut in case by altering it made a difference, it didnt.

2) Should it make a noise? It is very whisper quiet and i doubt it would be picked up on camera (cant test this because my iphone camera just produces static noise) but if the room is silent i can here the soft sound of a fan or a kind of soft 'eek' as the gimabl moves.

3) When my phones turend on and im looking at the screen of whats in front of me, when looking at my computer screen for example the image doesnt look level. it makes my computer screen look like its on a slant, not sure whats up with this, double tapping 'M' does not bring it level. iv also tried the auto calibration thing in the menue.

4) Probably my biggest question: Imagen holding the gimbal grip vertical like you hold a glass of water so the water doesnt fall out, now if i was to twist my wrist left and right but still keeping the glass upright so the water doesnt spill, when i do this with the gimble the device moves a bit to keep up with my wrist then it makes a small vibration that can be felt in the hand as if iv moved to fast even though i would consider the speed at which i do this to be 'slow' it kind of makes the soft 'eek' noise when it does this to.
Is this normal? Am i even ment to hold the gimbal vertically and move twist my wrist left and right?

i kind of just feel like theres not enough information given on how its actually meant to work correctly or even whats NOT correct, as a new user i would have no idea if movements im making are bad for the unit, i wouldnt consider any of them abnormal... Im kind of gettting the impression they are best suited for the VERY slowest of slow movments which is wierd becuase on youtube iv seen people even run holding the things and i feel like doing that would totally destroy the thing.

Hopefully somone can put my mind as rest as im soon going on holiday and it would be nice to actually test this out properly knowing my unit is okay.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Can you kindly send us a video showing the problem for us to visualize more your concern? You may upload it through Dropbox or youtube and provide us the link.
2018-8-31
Use props
LifeOfChris
New

Sorry i never replied, iv been on holiday, i dont think my problems where problems as sucha, maybe just a lack of understanding on how limited the device actually is, but now my issue is i cant eve post on the forums, it keeps saying 'you dont have permission to make a new post' then redirects me to so forum rules... Sigh, why is Dji stuff so unnecessarily restricting.
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules