31 Minute Flight Time Video
2062 37 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

Hi,

Could DJI please post the video your research, development or marketing department took when you saw that if was possible of getting 31 minutes of flight time? Obviously you have that video as proof to your customers so I was hoping you could post it here or provide the link to it. Of course DJI wouldn't make up numbers like that especially ones so obscure like 31 minutes. If DJI was lying then that would be considered false advertising and illegal when selling products in the U.S.. Obviously if you were lying then you might as well have said 38 minutes or 56 minutes.. right?

I just want to see for myself that indeed it is possible to get a full 31 minutes and that DJI would never in a million years lie to their customers or commit an illegal offense.

No need to responed with the canned.. "Flight times may vary based on a number of factors such as battery cycles, temperature, wind, if the planets are alighned or not." - I get it.

What I want to see is actuall proof that 31 minutes flight time for the Mavic 2 in your test envorironment is indeed possible.

Thanks in advance in helping me prove that DJI would never fudge numbers, that they would never lie or commit an illegal offence like false advertising. I look forward to seeing the video of a full 31 minutes flight time.

2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we perfectly understand your frustration. I would like to clarify, may I know if you are having an issue with your drone? If yes, could you please provide us with the details so we can help you. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

Hi DJI Natalie,

Before spending $1400 I wanted to make sure that DJI isn't making up flight time numbers. I wanted to make sure that it is indeed possible to get a full 31 minutes of flight time. Surely in all the pre-testing you must have some video that proves your advertising claim of 31 minutes - even in a controlled environment. I just wanted to see for myself that it is indeed possible. I'm sure you understand what with so much false advertising taking place, DJI would never resort to making false claims about their products. I just wanted to see that video that it is indeed possible.
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

CheckYourSix Posted at 2018-8-30 14:22
Hi DJI Natalie,

Before spending $1400 I wanted to make sure that DJI isn't making up flight time numbers. I wanted to make sure that it is indeed possible to get a full 31 minutes of flight time. Surely in all the pre-testing you must have some video that proves your advertising claim of 31 minutes - even in a controlled environment. I just wanted to see for myself that it is indeed possible. I'm sure you understand what with so much false advertising taking place, DJI would never resort to making false claims about their products. I just wanted to see that video that it is indeed possible.

Although I doubt that you have been able to obtain a similar video about fuel consumption of your car, I find your request somewhat appealing because it would give some insight on how these tests are being conducted. On the other side I would respect that if industry secrets could be put at danger of being revealed, DJI might be reluctant to relase such footage. But I definitely like the idea.
2018-8-30
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I don't think 31 minutes is out of the question. I have a flight of almost 22 minutes logged in AirData and I still had 21% battery when I landed. And that was a flight where I wasn't just hovering (I traveled 22K feet). So while I understand your skepticism, I don't think they are fudging numbers.
Battery.jpg
2018-8-30
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I honestly don't believe any Mavic will fly for 31 minutes. For now I only have the MP wich was announced for 30 minutes as I remember it. For me it has never reached more than approx 23-24 minutes flight time, in practically no wind. I'm ok with it though.
2018-8-30
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-30 14:47
I don't think 31 minutes is out of the question. I have a flight of almost 28 minutes logged in AirData and I still had 21% battery when I landed. And that was a flight where I wasn't just hovering (I traveled 22K feet). So while I understand your skepticism, I don't think they are fudging numbers.

I have the same for my Mavic Air. It is advertised with max. 20 minutes hovering time and I got to to more than 17 minutes with 13% battery left at landing in non-laboratory conditions, including some wind actually.
2018-8-30
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I give the Mavic 2 maximum battery life of 25 maybe 26 minutes.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-8-30
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

Surely someone at DJI came up with 31 minutes. It's not unfair for a consumer to say Prove It. If there is no such video, then make one. I'm sick and tired of false claims in order to sell products. This is exactly why we have false advertising laws.

I'm not saying DJI is lying. Instead I'm simply asking for the proof. It's not as if they have to drive a car through an entire tank of gas.

My request is simple. At some point DJI would have had to test the flight time of their Mavic 2. Otherwise they're just guessing right? If they are guessing then they need to stop making these claims. I hope everyone can see my point. If you think it's fair to ask for proof, then please post your wanting to see that video as well.

Come on DJI, you're a drone company. Surley you can take 31 minutes out of your day and demonstrate that 31 minutes is possible.
2018-8-30
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-30 14:40
Although I doubt that you have been able to obtain a similar video about fuel consumption of your car, I find your request somewhat appealing because it would give some insight on how these tests are being conducted. On the other side I would respect that if industry secrets could be put at danger of being revealed, DJI might be reluctant to relase such footage. But I definitely like the idea.

What? How could industry secrets be revealed by pointing a camera at a drone and seeing stay in the air for 31 minutes. That doesn't make sense to me.
2018-8-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

All I can tell you I flew 3 batteries, landed each at 30%, all flights were just over 20 minutes. So it’s pretty close to 31 mins.
2018-8-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyDK Posted at 2018-8-30 14:53
I honestly don't believe any Mavic will fly for 31 minutes. For now I only have the MP wich was announced for 30 minutes as I remember it. For me it has never reached more than approx 23-24 minutes flight time, in practically no wind. I'm ok with it though.

Mavic Pro 27 minutes , so if your getting 24 that’s pretty good.
2018-8-30
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

As is the case with any battery usage time - the quoted time is usually 'under optimum conditions' - which just means that is the absolute maximum time attainable. In order to reach that time you would have to match exactly the same 'optimum conditions'. Most owners will get within a minute or two when flying under what they see as good conditions, but it will never exceed, and  very rarely match that 31 mins quoted. That is the same for all battery powered devices.
2018-8-30
Use props
fans34c91fb6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

It was stated that the hover time is actually less than possible flight time.  I noticed that a RTH speed is listed as 12m/s so that may be the best cruising speed for flight duration.   A fair test may be to fly a very large radius at that speed to see how close to the mark one can get.
2018-8-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Give it up, just fly your drone and enjoy it.  Just like they advertise the mileage you get on your car..............
2018-8-30
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-30 16:12
Mavic Pro 27 minutes , so if your getting 24 that’s pretty good.

If 27 minutes, I guess you are right.
To reach the 23-24 I had to drain the battery all the way down to about 10 percent though. Normally I don't go that low, and I think my average flight time is 20 minutes... I love my MP you know.
2018-8-30
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

Guys, I think you're missing the point. DJI is claiming 31 minutes. Not, 30, 29, 28 or 21 but rather 31. All I'm asking from them is to prove it.

If they are lying, then when does it stop. Look at the Evo. No way is anyone getting close to 30 min.

All I'm asking for is for DJI to prove 31 minutes is even possible. Please back me in this. The request to see a video is not difficult. It's our money, let's demand honesty from those companies we buy products from.

Who else wants to see that 31 minutes is possible and to know we're dealing with an honest company?
2018-8-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CheckYourSix Posted at 2018-8-30 16:23
Guys, I think you're missing the point. DJI is claiming 31 minutes. Not, 30, 29, 28 or 21 but rather 31. All I'm asking from them is to prove it.

If they are lying, then when does it stop. Look at the Evo. No way is anyone getting close to 30 min.

Maybe it’s time for you to show us how honest other tech companies are and how they all give us proof of how long batteries last, take cell phone companies, computer laptop companies and the list goes on. Now show me one of these companies who show unequivocally how long their batteries last.
What your doing here and in other posts is asking stupid questions, here you have got users information direct from those using and you ignore it, are you trying to say we are all lying, users will give you all the information you are looking for, as Lucas has said give everyone a break and go fly your drone.

“Those who are serious in ridiculous matters will be ridiculous in serious matters.”
2018-8-30
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go fly a drone!
2018-8-30
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I don't think any answer you're going to get here is going to satisfy you. We all have said what we are getting for flight times. If you're not happy with that, go buy another drone.
2018-8-30
Use props
shazamin91_DJI
lvl.2

I have yet to receive my Mavic 2, but I'd say that 31 minutes flight time is just saying the improved capabilities of the new battery. Just being below 50% of battery life will prompt the automatic RTH warning. It is also bad for the battery if you try to maximise it's total limitation as the load on cells is higher.

BUT

I guess if you go rent a big enough hall, and hover whilst bypassing the automatic landing, I'm sure you'll come close
2018-8-30
Use props
karlo_m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 349885 ft
Croatia

It all depends on how you fly. I believe you'd be able to achieve that flight time if you turn off all sensors and don't film anything and just hover in the air. It's all marketing, that's why it say UP TO 31 minutes. Not UP FROM 31 minutes.
2018-8-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

its called the real world.  Dji doesnt lie about their batteries, but the testing itsnt your back yard or your park, their testing in in a controlled environment simulating real world in some ways..

is same with cars. my car rated range per tank is 450 miles, 16 gallon tank with a 3.2 liter inline 6 with a turbo and AWD...but i only get on average about 320 miles, but i drive faster, in the hills, 500 meters above sea level in temperatures ranging from -10F to +100F.. so ya im going to be missing out on range..and thats with me being gentle, i gotten it down as low as mid 200's in range on my trip meter between fillups.   same with my drone.. my mavic pro 1st gen i get on avg 20 mins of battery life, rated for 27 mins.but there is wind in the real world, there heat and cold etc etc..
2018-8-30
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed that the extra batteries last longer than the battery that comes with the drone.
2018-8-30
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

My recommendation is for you to remove your buttocks from your shoulders and go buy one of those crappy GoPro drones.    I'm sure they do a few cool things.

Also take in mind that most people say 'I got 26 minutes'.   What they aren't telling you is that if they wanted to override the safety features and force it to keep flying without returning and landing, they could probably get closer to 31.     However, the safety features usually make it compelling to land with about 5 or 6 minutes left of actual battery life (rightly so).   
2018-8-30
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

You can get 31 minuets fly time by turn off all safety features like RTH and auto landing. Use the battery to 0% or below you will get 31 minuets fly time. But it’s clear this test can perform by normal user and the battery will be damaged after testing.

What DJI should do better is tell people the actual usable fly time. Not just the unreachable maximum fly times.
2018-8-30
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

It’s all marketing people.
They are in this business to make money.
And they are making a lot of it
Well done DJI.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-8-30
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable.

Franz Kafka
2018-8-30
Use props
VooDooZG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-30 16:36
Maybe it’s time for you to show us how honest other tech companies are and how they all give us proof of how long batteries last, take cell phone companies, computer laptop companies and the list goes on. Now show me one of these companies who show unequivocally how long their batteries last.
What your doing here and in other posts is asking stupid questions, here you have got users information direct from those using and you ignore it, are you trying to say we are all lying, users will give you all the information you are looking for, as Lucas has said give everyone a break and go fly your drone.

Well WV pay about several billion because of false data on Nox
2018-8-30
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

What if they don't want to put online a video of the drone because they rounded the figure from 30 mins&  45 sec to 31 mins?

Honestly might be hundreds of explanation why they don't want to post the video of the drone hovering for 31 mins in their tunnel.

Anyway most of the people  say that flight time is somehow close to what's advertised. My max flight time was 21 mins on mavic pro (1) with 20% battery remaining => around 26 mins and 14 sec if I landed with 0.5% battery remaining.
2018-8-30
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

As consumers we need to stand up for our rights. To put these manufacturers on notice. Let them know that false claims, even exaggerated claims won't be tolerated. In the drone industry, flight time is considering one of the biggest factors when buying a drone. Let's pretend for a moment that DJI came out and said the flight time on the Mavic 2 without damaging the battery was 21 minutes. Would you have still purchased it? Perhaps but the reason for choosing 31 minutes is to claim they do fly that long. The point is this, if a company is making a claim that affects the purchasing decision, have them prove it. Look at the Autel Evo. Autel claimed dual frequency, 30 min flight time, rear obstacle avoidance, and that it works with IOS. Yet none of these things were true the day they shipped. How hard is it for a company to just be honest? It's not hard at all. But until we as the consumers allow them to get away with their lies, the problem will only worsen. So instead of padding on 6 to 7 more minutes, the next version will pad another few minutes. Stand up for your rights. In this case all DJI has to do is to point a camera at a drone for 31 minutes or even of the app. What DJI and others have done is to BS everyone and move the bar. The same way our loser President has done. Let's demand the bar be moved back to where it belongs. With ethics and honesty. Look at the VW scandal. It's only after they've been caught that something changes. Let's send a clear message to DJI and other drone manufacturers that what we want is honesty. Not only will it help DJI raise their standard when it comes to reputation (and boy do they need it), but it also shows then that we care more about honesty and ethics than we do minutes. Demand to see a video that proves 31 minutes is even possible. Guys 31 minutes.. think about how obscure that number is. That is clearly their way of pushing the bar in the wrong direction. Take a look at our U.S. aviation industry. Specs and tolerances can  sometimes come down to fractions of a milimeter. The reason it's a  respected industry worldwide is because those in the industry have  ethics and don't compromise or intentionally cut corners.  If we make a big deal out of this, we as consumers are putting DJI on notice so that hopefully future products will have honest specs. Do what's right. The fact that we have to demand proof of their claims is a joke. Worse yet, when you ask to see proof of a 31 minute video, DJI says they don't have one and the reason for that is obvious - because it can't. Let's see a screen recording of a Mavic 2 from the DJI Go App so we can see the battery percentage without frying a battery. While this is an exaggeration, let's assume you bought a sports car because of it's speed. Let's assume a top speed of 100 mph. If that car could only reach a top speed of 60 mph you'd feel cheated. It's called false advertising. To allow it to continue, only giving license to those getting away with it, and even more reason to continue to lie in the future. Do what's right. If they were a U.S. based company, our Consumer Protection Agency would have shut them and others like them down years ago. Either that or fined the crap out of them. I myself want the proof or at least have DJI come out and publicly apologize and promise to it's customers it won't happen again. The same goes for Autel Robotics. As Michael Avantati says... BASTA (Enough).
2018-8-31
Use props
Ryan197
lvl.1

United States

Would also like to see the video for testing
2018-8-31
Use props
Ahrimaan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141975 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Know what ? you are living in a dream world. Maybe you should stay away from drones better for you, better for us.
2018-8-31
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What's the issue, it quotes how it was achieved. Go fly and enjoy, we could all be dead tomorrow. You may want to look into why, with no wind I had 46mph in sports mode today ? They quote 44.6mph. It's faster than quoted.
2018-8-31
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

images-1.jpg images-2.jpg
2018-8-31
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

I like this:
“Those who are serious in ridiculous matters will be ridiculous in serious matters.”

If people are getting 24 minutes landing with 20% battery left, do the math.
100 divided by  80=1.25
24x1.25=30
2018-8-31
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-8-31 14:21
I like this:

True. Although I calculated it differently.
24/80=0.3 , 0.3*20=6, 24+6=30
So yep 30 minutes

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-8-31
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

And if a car is said to get 'up to' 300 miles on a tank of gas, are you going to drive it 300 miles only to run out of gas?
Not me…….
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules