7222 68 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji.... can you just give everyone here an answer???
2018-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-7 11:54
Crystalsky RnD development office .

[view_image]

Clearly not a professional coder.  There are no candy bar wrappers, no pizza boxes, and no soda cans tossed about.
2018-9-7
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-7 15:04
Haha, i almost made that mistake myself.
I mean, why would a Dji branded and developed monitor be compatible with a Dji drone?

And the Problem is even when they get CS fixed to work with MP2 will they come with a new charger where i'm able to charge the Hub and also the CS Charging station? Because before i was using the Phantom 4 160W Charger to Charge the Fast charging Hub the Controller and the CS Battery Station. Would be nice if a new small charger came out for only CS Battery hub or a new allround charger that can do the same thing like before but charging the Mavic2 Hub
2018-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cristiano1976pt Posted at 2018-9-9 01:57
And the Problem is even when they get CS fixed to work with MP2 will they come with a new charger where i'm able to charge the Hub and also the CS Charging station? Because before i was using the Phantom 4 160W Charger to Charge the Fast charging Hub the Controller and the CS Battery Station. Would be nice if a new small charger came out for only CS Battery hub or a new allround charger that can do the same thing like before but charging the Mavic2 Hub

There has been very little confirmation with regards to making CS available for M2, so it’s all still a bit up in the air.
Are they holding out for introduction of new controller for M2 ? Or are technical staff or what ever company that might be looking after FW for CS just really slow.
2018-9-9
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

I like so many other are bitterly disappointed with DJIs' support on the Crystalsky.

Crystalsky is DJIs' unloved and unwanted step child. IF they ignore it long enough are they hoping it just disappears ?

What do DJI expect customer to do with their Crystalsky while they get round to updating it?

Am still waiting for a definitive WHEN? Its not like the Mavic 2 was a surprise for them.

2018-9-9
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-9 02:30
I like so many other are bitterly disappointed with DJIs' support on the Crystalsky.

Crystalsky is DJIs' unloved and unwanted step child. IF they ignore it long enough are they hoping it just disappears ?

Agreed

They appear to have been caught with they're shorts down.

I suspect it will be rectified soon, just be the number of complaints that have been issued.
2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-9 02:30
I like so many other are bitterly disappointed with DJIs' support on the Crystalsky.

CS should be an adopted son of DJI, and now DJI does like the son anymore.

No FW compatible with M2;
No Mount bracket for M2;
No battery charge power suppler;

No time frame when M2 icon displays on CS
Overall, almost no response to post over the forum.
2018-9-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-9 14:50
Agreed

Possibly, but that would point to serious disconnect inside DJI.  As in Left hand does not know what Right hand is doing.  Which I doubt.

I suspect there is connection inside DJI.  Leading to, if claimed EOL on several products is not that far off.  

With over four months having passed since last FW update for Mavic Air, thinking Mavic Air has been moved to Maturity / Retirement support.

With GO-4's poor performance running on CrystalSky, which is supposed to be Professional device, thinking CrystalSky has been moved to Functional / Maturity support.

DJI is now looking to stabalize FW for Mavic Pro 2.  While concentrating on FW for whatever drone DJI plans to follow up with, and working on FW for CrystalSky replacement.  Possibly CrystalSky-RC.

2018-9-9
Use props
Continuecrushingtech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 690210 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd love to see support as well...sucks having to use the ipad again. I forgot just how much lag I would always have with it.
2018-9-9
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

My Mavic Pro 2 is still in the box. I’m not opening it until it works with my Crystalsky. I received it on August 31st. I’ll be returning it on Sept. 29th if Crystalsky isn’t working on it by then. I have an iPhone 7 Plus and my eyes aren’t what they used to be. My phone is just too dim to fly safely in my opinion, even with a hood. I really wish I hadn’t sold my Mavic Pro Platinum now and given so much money to DJI for Crystalsky. I won’t make this mistake again. DJI needs to support their own professional devices as much as they do third party smart phones. This really is ridiculous.

DJI, if you can’t release the update right now, then please announce a rough timeline! ”Sometime in the future” tells us nothing considering your track record. It’s very possible “the future” could mean 6-8 months.
2018-9-10
Use props
tangster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384603 ft
  • >>>

This is ridiculous DJI! You guys sell crystalsky for more than any other tablet on the market for thr sole purpose of your own drone, and you cant even update your own software?!! Who would thought running on Android system you cant do a simole update?!
2018-9-10
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Come on DJI.... why is this so difficult?

It only took 10 days to get it working for Mavic Air.
2018-9-10
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

One would think Dji would get tired of seeing all the people complaining on the Crystal sky not working on mavic 2 and they would give out some concrete information on this. Very bad customer relations if this is not addressed very soon. Should of been pushed out on cs the day the mavic's shipped!!
2018-9-10
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

I'm still waiting for the fix to make it work with the Inspire Pro...
2018-9-10
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wow can’t believe so many people complaining why CS not supported in Mavic 2 and DJI hasn’t even came in with an answer.  May be the rumor about general controller is true and they plan to replace CS with it.  But DJI product life cycle is really short, mostly less than 18months.
2018-9-10
Use props
Shawn Patapoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6296 ft
Canada

Would really appreciate some info DJI.
2018-9-11
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

We need to create more posts asking them about the CS update.  IF we flood the forum with CS firmware update requests, how can they ignore it?

... Just a thought.  I am in the same boat like everyone else.  I am using my iPad mini in the meantime.  If every member that has a CS creates a new post one would think they would listen?
2018-9-11
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dji.... you guys seeing this? Have any info?? Or just the same old run around???
2018-9-11
Use props
tiggy bengal
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-9-11 05:34
We need to create more posts asking them about the CS update.  IF we flood the forum with CS firmware update requests, how can they ignore it?

... Just a thought.  I am in the same boat like everyone else.  I am using my iPad mini in the meantime.  If every member that has a CS creates a new post one would think they would listen?

i have just bought a crystalsky from heliguy still within there 50 day return (even thought i have used it twice on my mavic pro)
I have Pre Ordered Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Fly More Kit looks like i will be cancelling my order AND returning my Crystalsky then. I dint know that a £1000 DJI monitor would not be compatible with the latest DJI drone

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 of my friends were interested in my setup THEY WONT BE NOW!!!!!!!!!
2018-9-12
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

tiggy bengal Posted at 2018-9-12 00:01
i have just bought a crystalsky from heliguy still within there 50 day return (even thought i have used it twice on my mavic pro)
I have Pre Ordered Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Fly More Kit looks like i will be cancelling my order AND returning my Crystalsky then. I dint know that a £1000 DJI monitor would not be compatible with the latest DJI drone

They dont care.. They have pretty much shown that. They just say please be patient like the arrival of the Mavic 2 was a complete surprise for them.

They are still running the company like 3 guys from a bedroom .
2018-9-12
Use props
fans663583ad
lvl.2

United States

I'm actually trying to figure out a "solution" to the daylight monitor viewing issue. I was curious about the current market of mobile devices (new iPhones, Samsung Note 9, tablets, etc.). Suddenly, it occurred to me, why am I expecting a mobile device manufacturer to satisfy the lack of foresight at DJI?

This is DJI's fault, not Apple or Samsung. Why did DJI make a freaking controller that requires an additional device to use all the functionality? Why didn't they just make a controller that actually controls all aspects of the drone's abilities? Go ahead and try to use your UAV to record some video without a monitor. I'm actually upset at this point. I am tired of trying to see my stupid LED screens in daylight. I'm tired of trying to read those tiny arss messages that pop up on my cell phone and finding the "X" to close them.

I thought CrystalSky would be the solution but OMG! The price. It's not a premium cell phone people. Even worse, it currently does not work with my new M2P...So, here I go again, TRYING TO GET A REPLACEMENT CELL PHONE TO DO THE JOB A REMOTE CONTROLLER SHOULD BE DOING.  Grrrrrrrrrr!
2018-9-16
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

fans663583ad Posted at 2018-9-16 16:10
I'm actually trying to figure out a "solution" to the daylight monitor viewing issue. I was curious about the current market of mobile devices (new iPhones, Samsung Note 9, tablets, etc.). Suddenly, it occurred to me, why am I expecting a mobile device manufacturer to satisfy the lack of foresight at DJI?

This is DJI's fault, not Apple or Samsung. Why did DJI make a freaking controller that requires an additional device to use all the functionality? Why didn't they just make a controller that actually controls all aspects of the drone's abilities? Go ahead and try to use your UAV to record some video without a monitor. I'm actually upset at this point. I am tired of trying to see my stupid LED screens in daylight. I'm tired of trying to read those tiny arss messages that pop up on my cell phone and finding the "X" to close them.

I understand what you're saying.

I finally just bought the CS and I'm very happy with it. I'll never go back to the inferior iphone/ipad. Don't know about the latest mobile devices but the Crystalsky has great clarity and brightness.

Although, I wish it were not based on the Android platform. No offense, it just seems DJI has a preference for and their products seem to be more stable on IOS.

Having said that, if you're interested and ever to purchase a CS monitor, currently, there's an interim fix/update to allow for CS compatibility with the new MP-2/Zoom.  It seems to work.
Check this thread out.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=3#pid1570267
2018-9-16
Use props
Stan1915
Second Officer
Flight distance : 579669 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's not a fix, that is the update that everyone has been waiting for.  I have downloaded, installed, and tested and everything works great!
2018-9-16
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

Stan1915 Posted at 2018-9-16 18:08
That's not a fix, that is the update that everyone has been waiting for.  I have downloaded, installed, and tested and everything works great!

You mean that fixed the problem.

Ahead of course, of the actual larger market regional rollout.

2018-9-16
Use props
Stan1915
Second Officer
Flight distance : 579669 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is the same update that they are rolling out.  It was downloaded off DJI servers.  Check out this thread on MavicPilots here
2018-9-16
Use props
fans399d4cc2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay so now the CS monitor works with MP2, excellent DJI... now how about a fricken mount?
Maybe post something in the store like “coming soon” , god DJI just can’t seem to get their crap together with customer relations!
2018-12-5
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fans399d4cc2 Posted at 12-5 05:36
Okay so now the CS monitor works with MP2, excellent DJI... now how about a fricken mount?
Maybe post something in the store like “coming soon” , god DJI just can’t seem to get their crap together with customer relations!

“Coming Soon “...     I'll probably turn up with Way Points 2.0... …. LOL remember that ?

Go and buy an alternative from a company that actually cares about its customer base...
2018-12-5
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans399d4cc2 Posted at 12-5 05:36

I took my MP-1 CS mount to a machinist friend.
Could have done it myself but wanted it done well.
He adapted to the MP-2 RC and it works just fine.

Having said that...these guys have come up with an adapter mount for the CS!

https://innovativeuas.com/produc ... itor-adapter-mount/
2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules