Spark With Fast yellow Flashing lights unresponsive
4307 3 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zachleedogg
New

United States

Hello Everyone,

I recenetly became the owner of a second-hand DJI Spark. The unit had been crashed by a friend who gave it to me because he knew I was good at fixing things. As it turns out, I wasn't good enough.

After completing the repairs to the Props, and buying a new battery  (I fully charged the battery and took it out of hibernation mode). I was able to boot up the Spark.

The spark immediatly broadcasted its WiFi SSID and I was able to connect using the password on the sticket.

However, this is where I ran into problems. I opend the App on my Nexus 5X, attemped to connect to the Spark, but the "NEXT" button stays grayed out even though I am connected to the drone on Wifi.

I tried 3-second, 6-second, and 9-second resets, but nothing helped. After a power cycle, the Spark will no longer broadcast its WiFI SSID. I was able to use DJ Assistant 2 to update the Firmware. The Wifi worked again, but the same thing happened with the app. Unable to connect through the app. And after a power cycle, the WiFi is no longer working.

The drone now sits with Red LEDs up front, and fast yellow flashing in the rear. Sometimes the I see a few green flashed thrown in there.

According to the manual, Yellow flashing is "Remote Controll Signal Lost" But I am not using a remote control.

Thanks for reading! Any tips, tricks, hacks, or advice is welcome.
2018-8-30
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Have it fixed professionally by DJI experts. You may be good, but admittedly they are better and you could have your friend use his warranty to have it repaired. You should refrain from DIY repairs as there may be undiscovered internal problems that are not expected. Anyway, please do contact and open up a case via DJI support.
2018-8-30
Use props
zachleedogg
New

United States

Thanks for the help. After some time struggling with things, it may have been due to user error.

After connecting to WiFi, my android device seemed to be disconnecting automatically. I changed the Wifi settings to stay connected even without Internet Connection, and it worked!

I certainly do feel dumb.

H. Arif, thank you for the response. The warranty is surely expired by now.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend self repair because it can void the warranty of your drone. I can double check the serial number for you to see if it is still under warranty. If it is already outside warranty, you can also try to check our nearest recommended repair centers by using this link : (https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers).
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules