United States

Updated post below...
2014-11-4
Use props
jimjamz2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2425410 ft
United States

Well....after a day of experimenting...I answered most of my questions myself.  Here is some info you may find helpful when you want to use dynamic home point...

I’ve been testing out dynamic home point (DHP) and it’s very handy. I can now engage home lock or fail safe and phantom will come to me wherever I am…rather than returning to the launch point. I like this feature a lot as I often walk along with the phantom when I’m filming so I’d rather have the home point follow me. A few things you need to know in order to use it:
1. You must be on the latest firmware to use DHP.
2. You must use a GPS-enabled smart phone or other device…a wifi only device will not work.
3. You must enable DHP in the phantom app on your device.
4. You must NOT be in “airplane mode”…this turns off GPS function in your device which is needed for DHP to work.
5. You will see a new circle around the compass display in the app…GREEN means DHP is working and updating…YELLOW means its not…GREY means DHP is turned off in the app.
6. DHP updates every two seconds but once home lock or fail safe are engaged…phantom will travel to where you are…but will not keep following (this is not a “follow me” function)…(or maybe it will be if someone can figure out how to make it update faster while in home lock).

Anyway…it’s a cool feature…hope you find this info helpful.
2014-11-5
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

jimjamz2@me.com Posted at 2014-11-6 12:13
Well....after a day of experimenting...I answered most of my questions myself.  Here is some info yo ...

Hi Jimjamz, good post.  So if in phantom mode only (not naza) with say 9 satellites up, if I move say 100 metres and then switch off the controller to invoke "go home" , it will come to me in my new position or does this only work in Naza mode?    ---and thanks for the trialling, it helps us all!
Rod
2014-11-5
Use props
franklinpeguero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187969 ft
Dominican Republic

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-11-20 12:42
3. You must enable DHP in the phantom app on your device.

Excuse my newbie Question.

Hello Friend,

The app name is DJI Vision you can find it at app store and download it. The DHP you enable it at DJI Vision App in settings.

Grettings,
2014-11-21
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

guymacdonald@ip Posted at 2014-11-28 11:26
Am I right in saying this App would not work with a Phantom with a Go Pro?

Regards

there are other apps.....  gopro
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=android+app+fpv

Starting point but take a look .
2014-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules