Maiden Voyage ...
375 0 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

For what ever reason or another it seemed like everything was against me flying tonight. I get 20 miles from work and realize I forgot my phone. I retrieve it and then hit the most hellacious traffic on the way home that I had ever scene. Finally almost 7:30 pm I get home and my wife "sends" me out to get gas for her. After some speed racer action I get back, I had precharged my batteries at work and take her up. I get her up and man oh man is she smooth. The dogs freak out! The little one wanted to eat it and the big one was in the corner of the yard rocking back and forth repeating "mamma" over and over. That was strange they usually pay a drone no mind after 5 minutes of curiosity. I fly her around a little nothing fancy Below are some raw unedited auto shots. I did not want to test the waters too much because I was unable to apply the update. It kept failing. I took her up to about 250 feet and the DJI app said that it crashed. and gave me only two options report or close. Let me tell you I felt like I had been hit with a cattle prod just as I had fallen asleep.

Flashes of horror posts from numerous forums flashed before me while "You'll shoot your eye out" was playing in the back ground.  I opted to close the app prepared to quickly restart it when I noticed the app never actually crashed. Not to test fate I grounded her asap.

I get in figure I need to get this RC update and Firmware update for the drone loaded/installed. That took about an hour. After a lot of cursing that would make Muttley blush I ran across the post explaining that Windows 8.1 does not like the way that the DJI programers autographed their drivers. I get the RC and the M2P tentatively named Apex up for a little night flying I get her up and out over the field I hit record and notification window pops up and I swear there was a smug emoji telling me I forgot to not only delete the footage from the onboard memory but that I forgot to put in the sd card. So down she comes I hear some people on walking down the street freak the hell out when Apex came zooming down and threw on her search/landing lights. So much for keeping my new toy a secret. By the time I got into the house and hooked Apex up to have part of her memory erased. My wife tells me you only have 10 more minutes to fly. I was like hold on now. I am a grown man and wearing the pants tonight. She then reminded me that notification I had to give to the hospital and to the head Starflight pilot was quickly coming to an end.

What a day .. I did slot me some time to try and catch the sunrise though

Disclaimer everything below was shot in auto mode and unedited not even any music. Yes Texas is flat by the way. And yes the sun did not want to play ball with me either.  She was hiding behind the only cloud on the horizon :/

..... well scratch the photos they are too large, but here is the video. Nothng to write home about but I thought I would share

2018-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules