2256 10 2018-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48189 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi folks, I hope I'm in the right section of this forum to get an answer...

I own a Mavic Pro 2 drone (haven't even flown it yet), but there's an issue I hope fellow MP 2 users can help me out with...

The issue is this:

The back wings which fold upwards against the body of the drone scrape the body of it a little bit. I have to pull them a little bit away from the body so they won't do that. It's not a big scrape, but even a little bit annoys me because I feel like I'm scratching the body of the drone.
I own a MP 1 and it never had this happen, the back wings folded smoothly on that one. I'm wondering if this is normal. Also if I fold the wings, but let them go right before they fold up, they'll scrape against the body and not fold up all the way. This just doesn't seem normal for a DJI drone...

I've attached an image to this message to show what I mean:

MP2

MP2
2018-8-30
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

I am seeing this too, just took delivery today, but do not know if this is normal, have not seen any mention of it until now.

One of the wings rubs so hard you have to help it close all the way.
2018-8-30
Use props
HFI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>

Yep same here. Both of the bottom arms/wings on my M2P rub on the body when folding them. Kind of poor QC on DJIs side.
2018-8-31
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I had a clear 3M film cut to size and applied it where it hits the body. I did this on my daughter's Zoom as well. Problem solved. I don't even notice that there's a clear film there.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Due to compact design of the Mavic 2 the rear arms have a quite close fit. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The slight contact the arms make with the body won't make any damage.
2018-8-31
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-8-31 01:06
I had a clear 3M film cut to size and applied it where it hits the body. I did this on my daughter's Zoom as well. Problem solved. I don't even notice that there's a clear film there.

I did the same with the 3m film, also when folding and unfolding hold the the legs away from drone body to avoid scratching...
2018-8-31
Use props
RickC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Mine is the same way. I have folded and unfold it so many times and so far not even a slight sign of any scraping or marks where it rubs. Only time will tell though but worst case scenario is that it will be cosmetic in a spot that isn't even that noticeable. I was annoyed at first by it but come to just accept it.
2018-8-31
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-8-31 01:06
I had a clear 3M film cut to size and applied it where it hits the body. I did this on my daughter's Zoom as well. Problem solved. I don't even notice that there's a clear film there.

Excellent solution, thank you. I'll do the same once my one arrives.
2018-8-31
Use props
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48189 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you everyone for the confirmation and suggestions! Have an awesome weekend.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. Due to the compact structure of the Mavic 2, the gap between the aircraft's rear arms and aircraft's body is designed to be relatively narrow, but it's within the tolerance range and meets the quality requirements. You can still enjoy your aircraft. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-31
Use props
fans154a90df
New
United States

Mine does the same thing.
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules