Can't connect video on Samsung Galaxy A6
8020 12 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GunterP
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hi all,

I am trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy A6 tablet to my Mavic Air. I get all of the screen based settings etc, all looks good, I just can't get live video. It's just black.

I have downloaded the latest app, turned on USB debugging on both app and tablet (enabled developer mode), tried 4 different cables in various ports (side is disconnected when the cable is plugged in underneath) and restarted the tablet a couple of times. It all works well on my S8+

Any ideas please? I'm going spare here!
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble. May I know what is the version of your DJI Go 4 app and android version of your tablet? Kindly back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. Click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-31
Use props
doctor_iksterog
New
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-31 05:28
Sorry for all the trouble. May I know what is the version of your DJI Go 4 app and android version of your tablet? Kindly back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the APP. Click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Thanks for your support.

not that it helps any, but i also went out and bought the Samsung Galaxy 7" Tab A and got the same thing - no video.  I read some where that it was not a fast enough tablet to capture the incoming stream.  so i went back to the store and exchanged the Tab A for another Tab A but a Galaxy 8" which was a bit faster.  well it has video, but when i fly the Mavic 2, then video lagged.  i again assumed not quite fast enough, so i took that back.  so wondering what type of tablets work with your drones...specifically if possible mavic 2 , i have the zoom.  i would like a tablet 7 inches.  i know many use the Apple mini, i think those are too large.  any body have experience?
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

doctor_iksterog Posted at 2018-9-1 15:42
not that it helps any, but i also went out and bought the Samsung Galaxy 7" Tab A and got the same thing - no video.  I read some where that it was not a fast enough tablet to capture the incoming stream.  so i went back to the store and exchanged the Tab A for another Tab A but a Galaxy 8" which was a bit faster.  well it has video, but when i fly the Mavic 2, then video lagged.  i again assumed not quite fast enough, so i took that back.  so wondering what type of tablets work with your drones...specifically if possible mavic 2 , i have the zoom.  i would like a tablet 7 inches.  i know many use the Apple mini, i think those are too large.  any body have experience?

Our apologies for the inconvenience. To make sure that you can get best performance, kindly refer to the attachment below for our recommended devices for your drone. To clarify, even your device is not listed as a recommended device, there's a possibility that it will work fine with the APP, however, we cannot guarantee if you can use all the features and functionality of the APP. Thanks for your understanding.

2018-9-4
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all.
You need to downgrade your app version to 4.2,12 and you will have live view again.
Download from apkmirror.
Enable installation from unknown sources on your device.
Also disable auto updates in play market and never update app on this device again!!!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-164769-1-3.html

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-4
Use props
GunterP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone, I will try the suggestions!
2018-9-5
Use props
GunterP
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Okay, so I am trying the 4.2.12 version of the app. Will this still allow updates of the Air's firmware with the older app?

Thanks.
2018-9-8
Use props
GunterP
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Wow, it works! Thanks.
2018-9-8
Use props
jsa_photos
lvl.1
Angola

I have the samsung galaxy a6 and it works until yesterday when i update the app. After that no more image.
2018-9-9
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

jsa_photos Posted at 2018-9-9 07:46
I have the samsung galaxy a6 and it works until yesterday when i update the app. After that no more image.

Read above!!!
The solution is to downgrade your app.

Fly safe ppl
Alex
2018-9-9
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

GunterP Posted at 2018-9-8 06:01
Wow, it works! Thanks.

You are welcome

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-9
Use props
djiuser_zXBwf8QBmjIJ
New

Pakistan

My phone is samsung A6.. andriod version is 10.0  but with 32bit os..
My phone is not present in either list ( compatible and non compatible).
But dji fly app is not downloading..
I was trying for dji mavic mini flymore combo..
So what should i consider ?. Changing phone or changing drone..
2020-6-28
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_zXBwf8QBmjIJ Posted at 6-28 04:21
My phone is samsung A6.. andriod version is 10.0  but with 32bit os..
My phone is not present in either list ( compatible and non compatible).
But dji fly app is not downloading..

The DJI Fly app used by the Mavic Mini is 64bit that is why it won't load or work on your phone.

Even if you get a Mavic Air 2, you will still need a 64bit phone/tablet as it also uses the DJI Fly app.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules