Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can someone from Hawaii help.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a.chin0071
lvl.2

United States

im traveling to Hawaii Saturday for my first time and I'm bringing my ph3. Can you tell me how it is to fly out there? Ire people more sensitive out there about the D word. What places would you recommend that are some great shoots. I'll be in Oahu. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.
2015-5-28
Use props
Aricb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1785 ft
United States

Drones are all over Hawaii. Not different than anywhere else really. I am on Maui but there are great places to take your P3.

Head to the North Shore for sure. This time of year, Sandy's beach will be big and plenty to shoot there. Especially at sunrise.

Koneohe is beautiful and if your really adventurist. Look up the stairway to heaven!
2015-5-28
Use props
ruprick
lvl.2

United States

I'm also on Maui, haven't received any flak yet but I've mostly filmed in tourist-heavy areas. They're on vacation high and won't think much so long as you are safe and respectful. I do try to go early in the morning because I don't want to be a nuisance to any beach-goers.
Definitely hit the north shore of Oahu if you can, some fantastic yet busy places to shoot there.
2015-5-28
Use props
Arvy55
lvl.2

United States

I live in the Island of Oahu and been flying a Phantom for 2 years, so far no problem flying P3P around the Island, i usually fly at Magic Island or Kakaako Waterfront if i have time. As been recommended from previous users above i defenitly agree with them visiting North Shore, Kaneohe and Hawaii Kai side (Koko Head Crater, Hanauma Bay, Blow Hole and Sandy Beach )
2015-5-28
Use props
a.chin0071
lvl.2

United States

Thank you all for your input. great ideas all. I live in an area that people freak out about our hobby. One lady said it looked creepy. I held back from saying she was creepy. Just want to be a respectful flyer and get some great shots from Hawaii. All your comments make me feel good about taking my quad out there. I've elected to take my ph3 with 1 battery opposed to my ph2 with 3 batteries.. Hard decision. What would you do?
2015-5-28
Use props
scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

a.chin0071@hotm Posted at 2015-5-29 12:40
Thank you all for your input. great ideas all. I live in an area that people freak out about our hob ...

Hey, have fun in Hawaii.  I'll be in Seattle this weekend otherwise I'd offer to show you some cool places to fly your Phantom.  

Feel free to check out some of my videos - flying my Phantom on Oahu/Maui/Kauai (mostly Oahu though) :  http://youtube.com/doctorrennie

2015-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules