Firmware update issues on aircraft
1353 5 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdf1d61d3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12241 ft
Australia

Hey guys, I picked up the mavic 2 pro today morning, and I've reached a bit of a dead end trying to update the firmware. I managed to update the RC firmware, but when i try the aircraft through my phone, it gives me a network error (both wifi and 4g).

So I downloaded dji assistant 2 for both pc and mac, tried on both systems with no luck as well. On the pc it drops my wifi signal and it looks at the mavic as a new network connection, so I lost internet connection whilst the mavic is connected via usb.

On the mac, it doesn't do that, but it doesn't go past 0% on the download and then gives me an error.

Any help would be much appreciated
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for all the trouble. Please make sure to turn off the firewall and antivirus software of your PC and reinstall DJI assistant 2 for mavic using this link: (https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads). Kindly follow the video tutorial below and please keep me posted.

2018-8-31
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the release of both new Firmware and DJI Go4 you may have simply hit some heavy traffic.  I'd keep trying and use your iMac's version of Assistant 2.  I was successful about 3 hours ago, but it took two tries before the download started.  Recharge those batteries again, too :-)
2018-8-31
Use props
LunarEvent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557530 ft
United States

Your RC and craft are knocking out your WiFi signal to your phone. Switch to mobile broadband on the phone, or update the craft by itself using Assistant 2 for Mavic on a computer. Happens to me all the time.
2018-8-31
Use props
fansdf1d61d3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12241 ft
Australia

Thanks for the replies. So basically  I updated the controller first, with the aircraft switched off. I found that when the controller was connected to the aircraft it gave me the network error. With the aircraft switched off, and the remote controller on, the controller firmware update went through smoothly.

Next, the aircraft had to be done via PC, as using my phone had no luck on both Wifi and 4g. I installed DJI Assistant 2 and tried connecting the mavic 2 pro to it, but it was dropping my wifi connection and looking at the mavic as a network connection (so I lost internet connectivity). I restarted my computer, recharged the drone battery, and I used an ethernet cable from my router to my PC, and this worked, and I was able to connect the aircraft, download the firmware and within 10 mins it was all done.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I too experienced some issues when upgrading the firmware with DJI GO 4. I find Assistant 2 to be more reliable, and possibly a bit more faster too.
The network error could be a result of heavy server traffic from DJI side. Remember a lot of people purchased their Mavic 2 lately, and many are trying to update.
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules