TK102 gos tracker
1825 13 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubyduby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft
United States

This gos tracker is only 16 dollars is super easy to set up and use.works perfect is very accurate just attach behind camera under battery compartment.gives you real time link to drones exact location.
2018-8-31
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2
United States

Gps tracker
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder, it is not recommended to use the third-party accessories, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the performance. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-8-31
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

i understand its a tracker that is placed outside of drone nothing on drone is removed or tampered with i recently had a fly away and the flight data did not show my location my drone drifted 4 miles before landing if i had a device like this i would have recovered my drone sooner.
2018-9-1
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m using the tk102 gsm gps tracker on my spark and I’m very happy with it.
I already lost one spark, so never again.

Fly safe everyone.
Alex.
2018-9-1
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2
United States

Yes my phantom flew away only reason I recovered is because it landing at airport if not I would have lost drone so to be safe I picked this tk102 tracker and works great like you said never again you would think dji would have this built in ?
2018-9-1
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

rubyduby Posted at 2018-9-1 16:17
Yes my phantom flew away only reason I recovered is because it landing at airport if not I would have lost drone so to be safe I picked this tk102 tracker and works great like you said never again you would think dji would have this built in ?

I think that they are never going to build into the drone a proper gps tracker that works all the time,
Because they need to make money and if nobody is going to lose their drones, then they are going to sell much less drones. People lose their drones and most ot the time, they buy new ones.
It’s like that with all the drone companies so far because none of them have proper gps trackers installed.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-1
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

true i was already saving up for a new one when i got the call they found my drone...lol
2018-9-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-9-1 19:00
I think that they are never going to build into the drone a proper gps tracker that works all the time,
Because they need to make money and if nobody is going to lose their drones, then they are going to sell much less drones. People lose their drones and most ot the time, they buy new ones.
It’s like that with all the drone companies so far because none of them have proper gps trackers installed.

That's nonsensical crap, fueled by stupid conspiracy theory. They are not going to build in a GPS tracker, because 99% of the owners fly properly and do not need a tracker. You don't design for the 1%. If it was to be built into the aircraft, it needs to be totally separate to the existing electronics in the aircraft. It also needs to work reliably, which these trackers do not necessarily do.
2018-9-1
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-1 19:06
That's nonsensical crap, fueled by stupid conspiracy theory. They are not going to build in a GPS tracker, because 99% of the owners fly properly and do not need a tracker. You don't design for the 1%. If it was to be built into the aircraft, it needs to be totally separate to the existing electronics in the aircraft. It also needs to work reliably, which these trackers do not necessarily do.

What? Only for 1% of people?
I think muuuch more than that would like a proper gps tracker installed!!!
Myself included!!
Have a poll to see how many people would like a proper gps tracker installed, I think its more like 90%!!  Or 99%
But I think they are not going to install a proper gps tracker on the drones, which is not that hard to do by the way,I’d say easy even.

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-2
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4

Spain

And about reliability, so far my independent gsm gps tracker works ALL 100% of the time.
2018-9-2
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

where you getting your stats! seems like you dont see the forums for flyaways? i assume we have them on our cars phones etc because we use them properly.
2018-9-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

rubyduby Posted at 2018-9-2 07:00
where you getting your stats! seems like you dont see the forums for flyaways? i assume we have them on our cars phones etc because we use them properly.

Do a poll and ask how many people have locators attached to the aircraft.
2018-9-2
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2

no matter how good you are of a pilot anything can happen from a bird strike to a prop falling off,to a firmware software error all i know is if that ever happens to me ill be able to track where my drone is no matter where it is.. remember some of us fly far away and unless you have a tracker good luck trying to find it.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules