Filters
1043 6 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony Dodds 1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8163 ft

I’m looking for some tips on using filters, I have a set of 6 & haven’t a clue what they do or which one to use & when
Are the gains really worth it.
Looking forward to your help & advice
2018-8-31
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Pick and learn.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mavic+pro+nd+filter+guide
2018-8-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You don’t really need them unless you filming motion in your video, everything else can be filmed without the use of filters.
So for instance if filming water if you can’t stop your shutter down to twice the rate of frames per second your shooting at, then you will get some peculiar motion blur which we are not used to watching, so it looks funny.
So when shooting 30fps with motion in your video you need to get your shutter down to 60th of second twice the frame rate, so shooting during the day when it’s very bright a 16nd or 32nd should allow you to achieve twice your frame rate. For photo shooting they are not necessary but you can use for some special effects photos like long exposure. Many YT videos worth watching.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Actually, it's necessary to use ND filter to your drone. But this will help you because filter stops light reaching the camera sensor, therefore allowing us to leave the camera with a higher aperture for a longer amount of time. Instead of changing the aperture to reduce the amount of light in the image, we simply add on an ND filter, then adjust the exposure to the amount we want. You can also check the link below for more information about ND Filter to your Mavic 2 Pro. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you and have a safe flight.
2018-8-31
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

These videos explain why you might want to use ND filters:

2018-8-31
Use props
Tony Dodds 1
lvl.3

Thanks for all the replies
I had a try with using a nd16 filter as recommended by a photographer but had serious  exposure issues so a bit more practise required
Or buy some decent quality polar pro
Will post video later
Shame as the location was good
& image quality spoilt it
2018-9-2
Use props
Tony Dodds 1
lvl.3

2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced