Problems Updating Firmware
1152 10 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

I am trying to update firmware on my Phantom 4.  I have it plugged into my phone.  It's been about 15 minutes and it's only at 12%, and will randomly give me the "continue downloading" blue bar to press to get it to continue.  I'm wondering if I can unplug it during this process and start over using my computer.  I'm thinking the computer may be faster.  Can anyone give me any insight on this?  I'm worried if I unplug it part of the way through it will screw things up.

Thanks

2018-8-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I would wait a while, as far as I remember it sticks at various readings and then moves on after a while or perhaps a reboot. It may be that the device wifi is a bit slower downloading the files it needs.
2018-8-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

As far as I remember it 'downloads' data to device, then 'transmits' it to aircraft before 'updating' thhe firmware on aircraft.
2018-8-31
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-31 08:19
I would wait a while, as far as I remember it sticks at various readings and then moves on after a while or perhaps a reboot. It may be that the device wifi is a bit slower downloading the files it needs.

ok thank you, it's at 21% right now.  Looks like I may be here a while .  I'm hoping once it finishes I don't have any problems!
2018-8-31
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-31 08:19
I would wait a while, as far as I remember it sticks at various readings and then moves on after a while or perhaps a reboot. It may be that the device wifi is a bit slower downloading the files it needs.

ok thank you, it's at 21% right now.  Looks like I may be here a while .  I'm hoping once it finishes I don't have any problems.  The issue I was having this morning was that the app was going in and out on my phone when plugged into the RC.  I figured maybe I needed to do the update in order for it to work properly.  The app had an update a few days ago, has anyone reported issues such as that with it?
2018-8-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

ChristineL Posted at 2018-8-31 08:23
ok thank you, it's at 21% right now.  Looks like I may be here a while .  I'm hoping once it finishes I don't have any problems!

Only thing to bear in mind is battery needs to be well charged, I think if it drops below 50% then update will stop and need redone. It 'should' be pretty good though, the V02.00.0700 firmware is solid for most users.
2018-8-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

ChristineL Posted at 2018-8-31 08:24
ok thank you, it's at 21% right now.  Looks like I may be here a while .  I'm hoping once it finishes I don't have any problems.  The issue I was having this morning was that the app was going in and out on my phone when plugged into the RC.  I figured maybe I needed to do the update in order for it to work properly.  The app had an update a few days ago, has anyone reported issues such as that with it?

The App' to V4.3.0 is a separate entity mostly, depending on display device.

But once aircraft is updated to V02.00.0700 then the RC (not the display) must also be upgraded to V1.9.3.
This should be highlighted by the DJI Go 4 App' itself. But that's something you can check yourself after if needed.
2018-8-31
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-31 08:27
Only thing to bear in mind is battery needs to be well charged, I think if it drops below 50% then update will stop and need redone. It 'should' be pretty good though, the V02.00.0700 firmware is solid for most users.

battery was at 100% so hopefully I will be good.  If it does drop below and the download stops, I will most likely plug into my computer for the re-do.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I would suggest updating the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 using your PC or laptop. Thank you.
2018-8-31
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's okay to cancel the update if it's just downloading the data. The update won't start installing until everything has been downloaded.

If it still did not finish downloading, then try updating the firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 application like this:

If needed, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 installer here:
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4/info#downloads
2018-8-31
Use props
ChristineL
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-31 09:51
It's okay to cancel the update if it's just downloading the data. The update won't start installing until everything has been downloaded.

If it still did not finish downloading, then try updating the firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 application like this:

Thank you....after 2.5 hours it finally downloaded and updated the firmware!  Glad it's done
2018-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules