2717 24 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Hi there..
I 've change my smartphone. The LG replaced by a Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus.
So running the go4 through MIUI 9 is a kind of problematic because..
1) the Go4 refuses to run as an app if there is no connection with drone and controller
2) the Go4 after connection established runs ok in flight mode, but the periferals are not. Offline maps crashes. Database update crashes. The only thing appears when i choose these actions is a blank screen which return to normal screen of app requesting to "Enter device" again.
The problem i am sure it has been caused by the android version (NUGAT) and possibly by the MIUI 9
So am i forced to change device, or a custom rom installation could be a solution?  And which one?   "...hmmm hard question"
Your oppinions and experiences please....
Thanks
John

2018-8-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Did you keep your old LG smartphone?
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic Air. When using a non-recommended device you will not be able to utilize all the functions of your drone. There could be a compatibility issue. For reference, I will be posting the most recent lists of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air.

2018-8-31
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Monk,

I use a Mi Max2, on MIUI Global 9.6.3.0. Android 7.1.1. (is that Nougat?)

Works great, no problems with the GoApp.

cheers
JJB
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JJBspark Posted at 2018-8-31 11:50
Hi Monk,

I use a Mi Max2, on MIUI Global 9.6.3.0. Android 7.1.1. (is that Nougat?)

Thank you for additional help. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case you need our help as well.
2018-8-31
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-31 09:45
Did you keep your old LG smartphone?

HedgeTrimmer....No..i gave it ....
Natalia...Thanks for your care!
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Monk32 Posted at 2018-9-1 09:41
HedgeTrimmer....No..i gave it ....

Perhaps un-give it?
Or pickup a used version of your LG smartphone on the cheap?

When I updated SmartPhone, I kept old iPhone as backup to CrystalSky Ultra.
2018-9-1
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

JJBspark Posted at 2018-8-31 11:50
Hi Monk,

I use a Mi Max2, on MIUI Global 9.6.3.0. Android 7.1.1. (is that Nougat?)

Hi JJBspark
I am happy to hear you have no isues..yes this is Nugat
Have in mind that no all Nugat facing problems with G04..it is an ocasionaly appeared issue like to play LOTTO...if happens..happens...then the solution seams to be either..changing device (best option) or start testing roms and editions till all goes right....Cheers
2018-9-1
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-1 09:44
Perhaps un-give it?
Or pickup a used version of your LG smartphone on the cheap?

You have right..but it is given.....
I am looking forward to root and install Oreo in my new device...
finaly if i don't find solution i am thinking to buy the Crystalsky 5.5 to have a specific device for my drone flight.
Thanks for your care
Cheers
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Monk32 Posted at 2018-9-1 09:50
You have right..but it is given.....
I am looking forward to root and install Oreo in my new device...
finaly if i don't find solution i am thinking to buy the Crystalsky 5.5 to have a specific device for my drone flight.

Suggest you research CrystalSky before purchasing.  There has been problems with CrystalSky.  

I bought my CrystalSky Ultra directly from DJI, and it came with intermittent hang or freeze problem.

The replacement CrystalSky Ultra had various problems, including over heating.  It was returned to DJI for repair.

In between those times, was a lot of wasted time involving: updating, refresing, downgrading, testing, etc.

CrystalSky Ultra came back with function keys F1 and F2 not working.  At least, I have been unable to assign them functions from their associated list of possibilities.  

Believe CrystalSky Ultra will be going back in to DJI service.  In wait (no flying) and see mode.

Overall, a lot of Non-flying time with what is sold as Professional device.

Best of luck with whatever you end up with!

2018-9-1
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-1 10:00
Suggest you research CrystalSky before purchasing.  There has been problems with CrystalSky.  

Thank you friend for your advise. I consider this as a strong experience.
Hope you be on air soon again.
Fly good and safely.
Monk
2018-9-1
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Monk32 Posted at 2018-9-1 09:47
Hi JJBspark
I am happy to hear you have no isues..yes this is Nugat
Have in mind that no all Nugat facing problems with G04..it is an ocasionaly appeared issue like to play LOTTO...if happens..happens...then the solution seams to be either..changing device (best option) or start testing roms and editions till all goes right....Cheers

so i was lucky twice, use oneplus 3 en mimax and no problems.
Think iwill buy a lot in the national lotery! , cannot go wrong!!

good luck with your devices,

cheers
JJB
2018-9-1
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 11:46
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic Air. When using a non-recommended device you will not be able to utilize all the functions of your drone. There could be a compatibility issue. For reference, I will be posting the most recent lists of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air.

[view_image]

DJI Natalia, it IS on the recommended list.    They just change name from redmi note 5 to redmi 5 plus, its the same phone.  I have 2 phones on your recommended list, and they don't work.   

and to those thinking of upgrading to oreo....... Don't do it, DJI go app really run bad on them, do a little research for crying out loud!  
2018-9-2
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Can you check if any application that may affect DJI Go? If possible you can uninstall app, clean up, using latest DJI, log in and quit, connect your rc with phone and turn on. Accept any notification to see if it works. Last thing is completely wipe your phone, just install DJI Go to see if any confliction between apps, remember allow all of its access requests
2018-9-2
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 2018-9-2 12:26
DJI Natalia, it IS on the recommended list.    They just change name from redmi note 5 to redmi 5 plus, its the same phone.  I have 2 phones on your recommended list, and they don't work.   

and to those thinking of upgrading to oreo....... Don't do it, DJI go app really run bad on them, do a little research for crying out loud!

well. my One+ 3 runs on Oreo and no probs with the GoApp.
2018-9-3
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

DJI Natalia, it IS on the recommended list.    They just change name from redmi note 5 to redmi 5 plus, its the same phone.  I have 2 phones on your recommended list, and they don't work.   

and to those thinking of upgrading to oreo....... Don't do it, DJI go app really run bad on them, do a little research for crying out loud!

Great advise!!!!!
I was thinking to flash a custom rom based on OREO but you save my time.
Thanks..
2018-9-3
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-2 17:08
Can you check if any application that may affect DJI Go? If possible you can uninstall app, clean up, using latest DJI, log in and quit, connect your rc with phone and turn on. Accept any notification to see if it works. Last thing is completely wipe your phone, just install DJI Go to see if any confliction between apps, remember allow all of its access requests

Hi
No conflict with any app.It just a matter of luck to have a go4 working well in NUGAT
Some are lucky...some not.
Any way I don't want to downgrade my phone's rom to Marsmallow, so I still get my phone rooted and as the go4 works fine (without updating maps and data...who cares anyway?...) i will fly as it is.
That's all.
Thanks
2018-9-3
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

Well guys I have to inform you that I got my solution!!
I've got root to my smartphone and using Magisk and TWRP I have wiped all data and had make a clear installation of OREO stock rom.
After that, Dji Go4 working like fine set machine. All problems vanished. Finaly!!! Thanks all again for your response.
2018-9-5
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

I just root my phone and using TWRP and Magisk set the OREO stock firmware and the DJiGO4 working perfectly...finaly I think all in all is a pure luck to have no problems...
Have a nice time.
2018-9-5
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

YAY, congrats, glad you got it working!  Now less stress and more flying

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
Jay-R
lvl.1
Australia

Glad you got it sorted mate. I currently use a Galaxy S8+ for personal use and a Redmi 5 Plus for work. Was planning on retiring the Redmi 5 Plus from everyday use and to use it solely with my drone with no other apps installed except the DJI Go4 app. I have not put the Redmi it to the test yet but will do so after reading the comments in this thread. So thank you for creating the post. Fingers crossed it works without issues. I am running MIUI 10 currently and have zero knowledge with rooting the device.

Note to DJI, instead of providing a compatible device list (which mainly consists of high end, more expensive devices), how about providing consumers with a "minimum hardware requirement" specs so everybody will know for sure whether their device is compatible or not.  Again, I am not sure the reason for this but I am sure DJI will have a valid reason.

JayR
2018-11-1
Use props
SaturnsVoid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

I have the same issue with my Mi Mix 2 running LineageOS, I bought Litchi and it works great.
2018-11-2
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 743287 ft
Mauritius

try to connect using the bottom usb port with normal usb cable.  sometime when using the default usb on the side of the remote i too get connected and disconnected sometime no connection depending on phone use.  
2018-11-2
Use props
Ranini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 743287 ft
Mauritius

try to connect using the bottom usb port with normal usb cable.  sometime when using the default usb on the side of the remote i too get connected and disconnected sometime no connection depending on phone use.   give a try with bottom usb port of the remote controller and see if it works fine :-)
2018-11-2
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

Jay r  
Hi
According to your statment about the rooting , have in mind it is not something too difficult to do.
In Xiaomi devices you got to follow these steps.
1.  Get xiaomi's bootloader unlock permision.
Just a simple application in the specific xiaomi's page, and after some 300 hours (crazy nessecity) you sould be able to use xiaomi's unlocking app (downloaded from xiaomi official page. Run it in your pc and within 10 seconds your redmi will be unlocked.
2. Download the specific twrp redmi 5plus version (take care to the specific for redmi 5 plus) in your pc and magisk for redmi 5 plus in your redmi's sd card.
3. start your redmi in bootloader mode (simultaneously press start and voice down buttons), and install twrp.
4. After twrp is installed, without restarting your redmi, still in bootloader mode, press simultaneously start and voice up button to get in twrp environmemt and press install.
Go and select the magisk app in your sd card and after 30 seconds your redmi is rooted.
2018-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules