Ronin S full functionality with Canon 1DX Mii
3697 12 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShamPh0t
lvl.1

I have news for you all. Follow focus, autofocus and record-start work with the 1DX Mii! I simply constructed a USB 3  to USB C female adapter and used the existing cable. It isn't pretty, but the functionality is there.

So DJI - when are we getting the proper cable?!?

2018-8-31
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can use the Micro USB cable now. It just plugs in to the bottom half of the port on the camera.
2018-8-31
Use props
sumoadam
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-8-31 14:13
You can use the Micro USB cable now. It just plugs in to the bottom half of the port on the camera.

The supplied USB cable does work as mentioned, no need to build one.  All due to new firmware v1.4 introduced yesterday, just upgraded and follow focus working finally.
2018-8-31
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1
Germany

sumoadam Posted at 2018-8-31 21:59
The supplied USB cable does work as mentioned, no need to build one.  All due to new firmware v1.4 introduced yesterday, just upgraded and follow focus working finally.

There is no supplied USB 3.0 cable for micro B, which the 1DX Mii has. That's why I had to stack adapters and use the USB C cable supplied.
Is it possible to order the cable at DJI? Anybody find a link?

BTW, I tested for the functionality BEFORE updating to 1.4. It was already accessible.
2018-9-1
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1
Germany

The supplied USB cable does work as mentioned, no need to build one.  All due to new firmware v1.4 introduced yesterday, just upgraded and follow focus working finally.

There is no supplied USB 3.0 cable for micro B, which the 1DX Mii has. That's why I had to stack adapters and use the USB C cable supplied.

BTW, I tested for the functionality BEFORE updating to 1.4. It was already accessible.
2018-9-1
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1
Germany

2018-9-1
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1
Germany

2018-9-1
Use props
RBLAX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1445702 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShamPh0t Posted at 2018-9-1 02:25

If you take the USB-C and plug it into the bottom half of the USB slot on the 1DX2, it works. Just enable the  Camera Control in the app (select Canon).

I get focus wheel and record functions. Works like a charm!
2018-9-20
Use props
fans7c91fd5b
lvl.3
United States

RBLAX Posted at 2018-9-20 11:26
If you take the USB-C and plug it into the bottom half of the USB slot on the 1DX2, it works. Just enable the  Camera Control in the app (select Canon).

I get focus wheel and record functions. Works like a charm!

This may seem like a silly question, but where in the app is camera control enabled. I've looked for this option and can't seem to locate it! As it is, when I connect my 1DX II to the Ronin-S using the DJI supplied micro USB cable, the red light on the gimbal focus wheel flashes, and the camera and gimbal don't seem to be talking to each other at all. Thanks!
2018-9-24
Use props
jamesflensted
lvl.1

Denmark

fans7c91fd5b Posted at 2018-9-24 12:00
This may seem like a silly question, but where in the app is camera control enabled. I've looked for this option and can't seem to locate it! As it is, when I connect my 1DX II to the Ronin-S using the DJI supplied micro USB cable, the red light on the gimbal focus wheel flashes, and the camera and gimbal don't seem to be talking to each other at all. Thanks!

I have the same issue. How do we fix this?
2019-12-6
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I got the 1D X Mark III, when pluging in the USB-C cable to the RSS, i loose the live view, is it not supported?
2020-4-12
Use props
djiuser_pnZ2pOxX7Ywx
New

Slovenia

Hi, I also got Canon 1dx Mark III and I can not start shooting video from the gimbail control. I have connected USB-C cable to the RSS and actualli button on the stick does not work and even camera does not work if I try to start shooting with button on the camera. It is just a warning BUSY on the screen, so it obviously has some signal from the Ronin S bit I have no idea what to do. Firmware is the latest available.

Please help
2020-4-30
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

Currently 1Dx iii is not supported. I did ask on another thread. Hope they will add support soon.
2020-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules