Inspire 2 firmware issues
1974 12 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tmichalak
lvl.1

I know the latest version of firmware has several problems, and I’m no exception. My Inspire cannot fly in a straight line after the update and that’s after a compsss/Imu calibration after new firmware was loaded. I’ve heard from the Facebook Inspire pages that there is a custom firmware that keeps everything the same from the last stable update but adds the new prores raw codec. I start shooting for a Netflix series next week and I desperately need to get this figured out. Anyone have any suggestions?
2018-8-31
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>

The best thing to do is downgrade. Thats what I did and everything was fine again. DJI is aware of the problems and working on a fix I'm sure
2018-9-1
Use props
Tmichalak
lvl.1

That’s what I ended up doing... does all my firmware look consistent now? It’s telling me I need to update the RC firmware
F95A8100-A538-4AF3-B081-EB22058B14AB.png
2018-9-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Tmichalak Posted at 2018-9-1 10:22
That’s what I ended up doing... does all my firmware look consistent now? It’s telling me I need to update the RC firmware

Where do you see update for RC? I see camera update available ... However, test the bird performance after this downgrade and don't move a muscle if she's flying reliably. Have a backup machine on set.
We're all waiting for Mr.Wang to fix this mess ...
2018-9-1
Use props
Tmichalak
lvl.1

The update for the RC shows up on the home screen. Although I don’t see the normal “inconsistent firmware found” message you I really see which that kind of issue.
2018-9-1
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>

I was told my DJI that the RC does not need to be downgraded. Hope this helps.

Tom
2018-9-2
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>

The latest version of the RC is 01.01.0020 and that is what I have. It still works with the downgraded version of the Aircraft. So, I guess you could update the RC or just leave it alone. if it is working good the way it is I won't touch it.

Regards,
Tom
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We were able to check on our engineers that this new firmware is a bug. Please kindly downgrade the firmware and use the drone first. You may do that by connecting your drone to the DJI Assistant 2 and it will give you an option their to downgrade the firmware. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-9-2
Use props
Tmichalak
lvl.1

Wanda, which firmware am I suppose to downgrade the aircraft and RC to?
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tmichalak Posted at 2018-9-2 06:04
Wanda, which firmware am I suppose to downgrade the aircraft and RC to?

It should only be the aircraft. The version would be V01.02.0100.
2018-9-2
Use props
Tmichalak
lvl.1

Then what firmware should my remote controllers be on?
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tmichalak Posted at 2018-9-2 06:22
Then what firmware should my remote controllers be on?

It doesn't matter if it's the latest or not. If you were able to downgrade the aircraft without downgrading the remote controllers and it doesn't show any defect. Then, it's good to go. But if it shows the same issue, you can downgrade the remote as well.
2018-9-2
Use props
Zardoz360
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804 ft
United States

Was the firmware issue for the Inspire 2 ever fixed? Which is the safest most reliable firmware version as of today? I need to fly my Inspire 2 this coming weekend and don't want an incident.
2019-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules