Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic pro Getterback Mount
1726 10 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Figured I would share.  I wanted a way to quickly mount a getterback to my MP1.. some designs out on the web worked but flimsy,

I used a extra battery mount, and then edited it and the other mount and made one NICE peace.

if any of you need the files here is a link

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3075482
2018-8-31
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Interesting device. Never heard of a "getterback" before now. Old dog learning new tricks.
2018-8-31
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Are you not changing the design characteristics of the flight by adding additional weight to the craft by doing this?  How much additional weight are you adding?
2018-8-31
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3

I did not weigh it, but or flight has not changed by any amount I can notice. I only use it when flying over ocean/river.
2018-9-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

That is a cool device - thanks for sharing.
2018-9-3
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-3 06:52
Personally I would have just used the GetterBack's Velcro strap to attach it to the rear arm.  Would have saved the weight of the bracket.  That said, it is a cool design.  You should make a dual GetterBack version for redundancy & so she looks like she's sporting a pair of bombs!

Or, make a bomb that looks like a getterback...

;-)
2018-9-3
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-3 06:52
Personally I would have just used the GetterBack's Velcro strap to attach it to the rear arm.  Would have saved the weight of the bracket.  That said, it is a cool design.  You should make a dual GetterBack version for redundancy & so she looks like she's sporting a pair of bombs!

SO your worried about weight, then say make a dual version haha.

I personally don't need 2 on there.  they are not cheap 35 bucks for a getterback....

I did almost mount it to the top center for more balanced look, BUT if the drone does sink, there is no guarantee it sinks right side up... so the side mounting is better for the randomness of a water crash.

I aslo used this body clip and made Drop mazes to drop things... ha
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Apologies but we do not highly recommend to use third-party accessories for Mavic Pro for safety purposes.
2018-9-5
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-5 05:51
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Apologies but we do not highly recommend to use third-party accessories for Mavic Pro for safety purposes.

There's a bit of a problem here: without drone, the insurance doesn't pay so when the drone plunges into water there must be a way to retrieve it. But with a not so well engineered mount it might be the cause for such a crash....

I suggest forwarding this to the engineers. There is definitely a market for official DJI getterback mounts!
2018-9-5
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-5 05:51

I did not ask DJI for there opinion on the aftermarket mount?  I Am well aware you don't agree.

I lost a P3 in the water because of a DJI propeller failure......, and DJI did nothing to support it and I had no drone to show for it.  So not realy worried weather DJI likes it or not  please keep your posts to things DJI support related.
2018-9-5
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got one of these off etsy. search for gettr back mount for DJI.  Tried to delete very large picture and even the whole post but I don't see a delete option.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.33.20 PM.png
2021-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules