Android Issues (LG G6)
1347 6 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FOKGoLWEQyrd
lvl.1
United States

I am really struggling with getting the phone and RC to connect.  I have literally killed the battery without flight just running through all the steps over and over again. I've attached screen shots of what I'm seeing, but bassically it's stuck at step 3.  Randomly it connects, see the other screen shot, but when it does it's short lived, maybe 5 seconds max.
DJI Support suggested that I should try the full size USB port on the controller.  When I did this the USB notification icon would pulse on and off as if I were connecting a USB device and disconnecting it immediatly, over and over again.  

When I use the same cable and plug the phone into my PC, no problems.

Thoughts?

Stuck.png

Short lived!

Short lived!
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft first before connecting your mobile device to the remote? For reference, you may watch the video tutorial below. Thank you.

2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_FOKGoLWEQyrd
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I've been through this process, didn't help. The RC and the aircraft are linked, it's just the RC and the phone that are fighting.  

I just restored the phone to factory settings, it didn't change my situation.  After trying and trying it finally linked up again and I was able to fly for 20+ minutes with no problem.  After landing I shut it all down and then fired it back up to see what would happen, same boat, unable to connect.  The drone and the RC are back on the charger right now, I'll tinker some more in a couple of hours when they are ready.

Since I've reset the phone to factory defaults I'm really convinced I have a bad RC.  Is there a way to run a diag on that?
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_FOKGoLWEQyrd Posted at 2018-8-31 13:44
Hello,

I've been through this process, didn't help. The RC and the aircraft are linked, it's just the RC and the phone that are fighting.  

Hi, can you please try to use a different device? Let's see if this will work. Thank you.
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_FOKGoLWEQyrd
lvl.1
United States

I will give that a go.  Does the phone need to have a data plan or could it be an old device that we don't use anymore?   

I have a Nexus 6 sitting in drawer upstairs. I could use WiFi to get the app, but when I go outside to fly it won't have a data connection.
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_FOKGoLWEQyrd Posted at 2018-8-31 14:28
I will give that a go.  Does the phone need to have a data plan or could it be an old device that we don't use anymore?   

I have a Nexus 6 sitting in drawer upstairs. I could use WiFi to get the app, but when I go outside to fly it won't have a data connection.

Hi, I would suggest using a compatible device listed on our website for reliability purposes. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_FOKGoLWEQyrd
lvl.1
United States

Thank you.  I was not aware of  the specific device list, I thought the only requirement was Android version. Nonetheless, I'm posting back with my results as maybe it will help your dev team, or at very least help other pilots who run into a snag.  

My wife also has a LG G6, but provided through a different carrier.  It's not on the list you posted, and I had the exact same problem on her phone.  This was surprising to me as the LG G6 is a current model device and it's considered a "Flagship" phone for LG, so I would have picked it as the front runner.

Then I tried the Nexus 6, worked perfectly!  I rebooted the RC several times and every single time the Nexus instantly worked with it, no fiddling around.

I guess this is case closed, but I hope you guys work out a fix for the LG G6 devices in the future!

-Ed
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules