Spark DIsappeared
1711 11 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_c9F1L8PwrrgE
New

My son and I were flying one of our Sparks. The spark disconnected and is now gone. We hit the return home button the second we got the disconnection notice and it never returned. Not a happy customer at all right now. Here's the flight pattern that we just uploaded. Well I tried to add the link and it wont let me!!!
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_c9F1L8PwrrgE
New

[url= ]
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry on what happened on your aircraft. I would recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 app and contact our team for further help. Again, sorry for the lost drone. Please contact our team using the link below.

www.dji.com/support
2018-8-31
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

It happens all the time with RC models flown 5,000 feet away in high wind velocities.  Far enough to force the disconnect in hilly terrain and windy enough  that the slow autopilot speeds can't fight its way back home.   I lost an RC plane while flying it 4,000 feet out from the model airfield.  

Perhaps the drone flying at 120 feet, relative to the launch point, couldn't make it over rising terrain and the trees near it?
2018-8-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Well sorry to read that mate, have you contact dji?
2018-8-31
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Taking your Spark out to maximum range in heavy wind is adventurous. I hope you went upwind on the way out and that it wasn't over water or dense forrest.

You could use the Find My Drone function to get you to the disconnect point, but in heavy wind, the Spark could have landed some distance away from there. There may have been a more significant problem with the Spark, since it should have done a Fail Safe RTH shortly after the disconnect. Maybe, if it were returning upwind, it ran out on battery and did a forced landing. In that case it should have landed along the direct route home from where it disconnected.

At least that gives you some places to look for it. Who knows, you might get lucky, otherwise, I hope it was insured.
2018-9-1
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

So sorry this happened to you. From the video you provided, it looks as if the home point was not recorded, so had the RTH function worked your Spark would not have known where to come home to.
2018-9-1
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
2018-9-1
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

As others have said.
Going out 2 km with strong winds + not having much flying experience is a very risky endeavor.
I wish you good luck in finding the drone or with dji support, although I think they will say that this was pilot error.

Fly safe everyone.
Alex.
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_Doq1kqcWRsvT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32769 ft
United States

I hope you find the spark.
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_OgYsesmaSdur
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-31 16:48
Hi, I'm sorry on what happened on your aircraft. I would recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 app and contact our team for further help. Again, sorry for the lost drone. Please contact our team using the link below.

www.dji.com/support

Seems kinda glithie not syncing bull. Ibsayvthat because I my self had a vanishing spark  and dji actually had the nerve to sayvthatvthere must not have been gos. My response was well how's that when you see me and the controller on the map. To be honest I just thought about lookingbinto seeing how many there are of these vanishing sparks. Dji with the spark was big on the GPS. More bull shi I told the just send me a new drone. It was their error in it somewhere. Seems likebtheybdont want to look out for their consumers. Even after I had told them that the spark was in no way my first dji. I have a crashed out laid to rest  mavic pro. Hersba pic of its grave. And I'm thinking they can't look out well maybe we need to look out for us then. Possible class action I mean they offered me 10 or 20 percent off. I laughed since ivhad onlyvhadvitba month. Said they were Gina call me back and never did. Again I say I'm Gina see how many vanishing sparks there is.  
2021-12-24
Use props
djiuser_OgYsesmaSdur
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-31 16:48

www.dji.com/support

Seems kinda glithie not syncing bull. Ibsayvthat because I my self had a vanishing spark  and dji actually had the nerve to sayvthatvthere must not have been gos. My response was well how's that when you see me and the controller on the map. To be honest I just thought about lookingbinto seeing how many there are of these vanishing sparks. Dji with the spark was big on the GPS. More bull shi I told the just send me a new drone. It was their error in it somewhere. Seems likebtheybdont want to look out for their consumers. Even after I had told them that the spark was in no way my first dji. I have a crashed out laid to rest  mavic pro. Hersba pic of its grave. And I'm thinking they can't look out well maybe we need to look out for us then. Possible class action I mean they offered me 10 or 20 percent off. I laughed since ivhad onlyvhadvitba month. Said they were Gina call me back and never did. Again I say I'm Gina see how many vanishing sparks there is.  
2021-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules