Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is there any detailed info on bitrate
6340 24 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is there any detailed information on bitrate per video setting?
I dont know what 1080p 120fps is thanks
2018-8-31
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Probably 60mbps.
2018-8-31
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.2
United States

Mavic 2 is 100 mbps
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. We will forward this query to our engineers to clarify. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-31
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-31 17:12
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. We will forward this query to our engineers to clarify. Thank you for the support.

Hi any news on bitrate? looks like the 120fps is only 25mbps.. pretty lame, was hoping for more..  could you get a detailed list of all bitrates thanks
2018-9-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

Skyris Posted at 2018-9-3 15:59
Hi any news on bitrate? looks like the 120fps is only 25mbps.. pretty lame, was hoping for more..  could you get a detailed list of all bitrates thanks

Inspect your 1080p 120fps footage properties. It should give you an idea of the bitrate.

4K gets the 100mbps bitrate. My 4K footage goes up to 104mbps sometimes.
2018-9-3
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-9-3 16:28
Inspect your 1080p 120fps footage properties. It should give you an idea of the bitrate.

4K gets the 100mbps bitrate. My 4K footage goes up to 104mbps sometimes.

Hi no Mans drone, I did and thats what I mentioned here in the message, only 25mbps..
They sold the drone just stating '100mbps max' I was still going to buy the drone but a list of detailed bitrates per video size and fps would have been handy
2018-9-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

Skyris Posted at 2018-9-3 16:33
Hi no Mans drone, I did and thats what I mentioned here in the message, only 25mbps..
They sold the drone just stating '100mbps max' I was still going to buy the drone but a list of detailed bitrates per video size and fps would have been handy

Gotcha. Yeah... Unfortunately the 100mbps is reserved for 4K. I had the exact name question as you before when I received my Mavic Air. Being that 4K gets 100mbps, I always shoot at 4K then just downsample the footage and retain/match the 100mbps (or whatever then original footage's bitrate off the drone) during export. Problem is, 4K max fps is 30fps.
2018-9-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

You should be able to get Compressed (H.265) bit rate by recording a video for couple of minutes at whatever setting you choose.
Then look at size of recorded video file stored on microSD card inside drone and divide that by total number of seconds recorded video.
2018-9-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I believe 100 mbps relates on to Maximum mbps that Live view Video Stream can transmit from drone to RC.  The 100 mpbs is radio frequency transmission rate.
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Skyris Posted at 2018-9-3 15:59
Hi any news on bitrate? looks like the 120fps is only 25mbps.. pretty lame, was hoping for more..  could you get a detailed list of all bitrates thanks

Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. Unfortunately, we don't have detailed info of the bitrate per video settings. HLG and DLOG M video of the Mavic 2 Pro has the 10 bits, however, the other is all 8 bits. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-9
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-9 11:19
Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. Unfortunately, we don't have detailed info of the bitrate per video settings. HLG and DLOG M video of the Mavic 2 Pro has the 10 bits, however, the other is all 8 bits. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.

sorry I was asking for mega bits per second... MBPS for the video settings.  UHD looks to be 100mbps, 120fps seems to be low at 25mbps, I am wondering on all the other settings,  
2018-9-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-3 17:14
I believe 100 mbps relates on to Maximum mbps that Live view Video Stream can transmit from drone to RC.  The 100 mpbs is radio frequency transmission rate.

100 Mb/s is the highest bitrate used to record video to the SD card.
2018-9-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-9 12:57
100 Mb/s is the highest bitrate used to record video to the SD card.

If that is the case then why are they (DJI) specificing cards that do 760 Mbps or 95 MB/s (or faster)?

At a 100 Mb/s, you would only need a microSD card for drone that was capable of 12.5 MB/s.
2018-9-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-9 13:20
If that is the case then why are they (DJI) specificing cards that do 760 Mbps or 95 MB/s (or faster)?

At a 100 Mb/s, you would only need a microSD card for drone that was capable of 12.5 MB/s.

It is the case, but many cards do not quite live up to the performance spec's they quote, and struggle to write at a continuous high speed.
Often the speeds quoted are the read speeds of the card & not the continuous write speed which is needed for 4k @ 100 Mb/s, which also can be substantially less than the quoted write speed.

There are many pages on the web describing this, this is one Example

Edit:- one benefit of faster that required cards is the faster offload speed when transferring files to PC.

2018-9-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-9 13:20

At a 100 Mb/s, you would only need a microSD card for drone that was capable of 12.5 MB/s.

Working backwards from 32GB microSD card supposedly holding 44 minutes (2,640 seconds) of 4k video (no frame rate specified), would come up with 12.1MB/s.

Which would be 96.8 Mbps.  

Leading back to Aardvark being correct on 100 Mbps.  
At same time leaving question Why cards capable of 760 Mbps write speeds are being called for by DJI?
2018-9-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-9 13:52
It is the case, but many cards do not quite live up to the performance spec's they quote, and struggle to write at a continuous high speed.
Often the speeds quoted are the read speeds of the card & not the continuous write speed which is needed for 4k @ 100 Mb/s, which also can be substantially less than the quoted write speed.

I am well aware of write speeds not always being specified or being slower.

But that is not the case with DJI, selling cards for use with their drones:  SanDisk Extreme microSD Card 128GB
''Delivers 4K Ultra HD and Full HD video recording and playback.''
''Transfer faster with read speeds up to 100MB/s and write speed up to 90MB/s.''
''Meets the new UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) for 4K UHD.''

In case of Transfer from microSD card to Computer (PC / Mac), the write speed would not be as important as Read speed from card.

Seems like slower (aka cheaper) cards should work, ones with write speeds of 20MB/s for both recording of Video and transfer from card to Computer.

2018-9-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Following post adds to confusion, until you read fine print of picture:  Card Size / recording times

On the Left in main column headings they Specified MB/Sec (60 MB/sec &100 MB/sec) as bit rates.  When they should have used lower-case 'b' or written out Mbps.
2018-9-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-9 14:12
Following post adds to confusion, until you read fine print of picture:  Card Size / recording times
https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201804/15/070929iee6zfjafejroks1.jpeg[/img]
On the Left in main column headings they Specified MB/Sec (60 MB/sec &100 MB/sec) as bit rates.  When they should have used lower-case 'b' or written out Mbps.

According to Sandisk themselves the important part is the U3 or V30 classification (30 MB/s (240 Mb/s)) :-

https://www.sandisk.co.uk/about/legal/hd

Presumably DJI recommend and sell cards that they know will give guaranteed good performance with their machines.
2018-9-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-9-10 02:56
According to Sandisk themselves the important part is the U3 or V30 classification (30 MB/s (240 Mb/s)) :-

https://www.sandisk.co.uk/about/legal/hd

Getting back to OP's question: Is there any detailed info on bitrate

Think my first reply addressed it.  Although I probably should have added multiple by 8, to go from MB/s to Mbps.
2018-9-10
Use props
ygrabo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543097 ft
United Kingdom

I wrote some general information about bitrate here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1549397

My understanding is that the bitrate is the same with all fps settings (same amount of bits per second), meaning that if there are more frames in a second second - with the same bitrate of say 100mbps, each frame/image is of lower quality.
You can check in VLC player what the bitrate is (codes statistics).
2018-9-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-10 06:31
Getting back to OP's question: Is there any detailed info on bitrate

Think my first reply addressed it.  Although I probably should have added multiple by 8, to go from MB/s to Mbps.

You are correct in that the bit rate information is given in file details. I don't think DJI have published detail of bit rate used for each resolution or framerate used.
2018-9-10
Use props
PunaPhantom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1680374 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-9 11:19

You do have info its on the dji web site... phew and you are a dpi moderator???
2020-5-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

PunaPhantom Posted at 5-5 14:25
You do have info its on the dji web site... phew and you are a dpi moderator???

He misunderstood the question, and answered with the bit depth, not the bit rate.
2020-5-5
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

ygrabo Posted at 2018-9-10 06:44
I wrote some general information about bitrate here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165093&page=1#pid1549397

My understanding is that the bitrate is the same with all fps settings (same amount of bits per second), meaning that if there are more frames in a second second - with the same bitrate of say 100mbps, each frame/image is of lower quality.

The doesn't seem to be true.

It certainly wasnt on the Mavic 1 where people measured the bit rates and found them different for each resolution.

Quite WHY isn't really clear as like you said, a better quality option would be always using the max bit rate for the best quality/least compression.
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules