Crystal Sky Alternatives
8011 9 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kingofaerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157201 ft

Has anyone had any luck hooking up their Atomos or SmallHD Monitors to a Mavic Controller?
Looking to buy an external monitor for video work and also to use as a screen for the new Mavic.

I would buy the Crystal Sky but it doesn't seem to be suited for Video work. (Unless I'm Wrong)
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing DJI Forum. However, we do not recommend to use any third party device to your Drone because this can void the warranty. Please make sure to use listed compatible devices. Thank you and have a safe flight.
2018-8-31
Use props
kingofaerials
lvl.2

Is the Crystal Sky compatible with other cameras for monitoring?

You have a whole customer base that uses the Ronin.
2018-8-31
Use props
kingofaerials
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-31 16:14
Hi, thanks for sharing DJI Forum. However, we do not recommend to use any third party device to your Drone because this can void the warranty. Please make sure to use listed compatible devices. Thank you and have a safe flight.

Does the Mavic Controller have an hdmi out option for external monitoring?
2018-8-31
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

Ok. So we’re not supposed to use “3rd party devices.” I have a DJI CrytalSky monitor sitting in front of me that is only 6 months old. Can I use that with my Mavic 2 Pro? It’s a DJI product designed to be used with DJI drones.

2018-9-1
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

I have a crystalsky gathering dust because DJI havent updated it to work with the Mavic 2.

Great work on looking after your customer base for those that purchased this premium product.
2018-9-1
Use props
fans980b10d0
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Same for me....
Ok. So we’re not supposed to use “3rd party devices.”
I have a DJI 7" CrytalSky monitor and a 5" CrytalSky brand new monitor sitting in front of me .
Can I use that with my Mavic 2 Pro?
It’s a DJI product designed to be used with DJI drones.

2018-9-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I would buy the Crystal Sky but it doesn't seem to be suited for Video work. (Unless I'm Wrong)

CrystalSky is primarily meant for video work in form of monitoring DJI drones, well except for Mavic Pro 2.
If by Video work, you mean editing, then CrystalSky is basic.  You need a decent computer system to do video work in a reasonable amount of time.

2018-9-13
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

That is funny as hell when it doesn't even work with the latest and greatest DJI product. Price increase next?
2018-9-13
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, unfortunately this monitor doesn't work like a SmallHD. The HDMI is output only. There is no straight video input, which is a shame because the resolution, brightness and overall build quality is excellent and would make a superior monitor. Seriously, I wish I knew more about how to hack the monitor, which uses a locked-down Android OS. I would love to make it more like a SmallHD, adding zebra, false-color, etc. Just being able to get an HDMI input would be nice. It doesn't seem like DJI has any intention of making this a reality though, which is also a shame since I feel like DJI really is a camera company that makes drones and not the other way around.

Also, hooking up a SmallHD monitor to the Mavic controller doesn't work as the controller relies on the display to be running an application like DJI Go or Litchi in order to communicate.

2018-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules