Phantom 3 4k
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Craigart14
lvl.2
United States

I have a Phantom 3 4k that's about a year old, and I was using a Samsung Galaxy S8, which unfortunately was destroyed in a cycling crash a couple of months ago. I replaced it with a Galaxy S6 Edge, which is listed as one of the supported phones according to DJI. I've downloaded the latest Go App onto the Edge, but I can't get it to connect to the drone. It doesn't even show the P3 4k on the equipment list. Some people have suggested that I use the P3 Pro download for Android, but that, once installed and opened, lists the DJI Inspire and shows the camera command, but for the other drones, including the P3 Pro, all I see where the camera link should be is "How to Connect." Following those instructions gets me back to the equipment page, which only shows the same options: Camera for the Inspire and How to Connect for the other drones.

So my question is this: should I find (if I can) the earliest release of the Go App, install that and then upgrade to the latest version? If so, do I use the P3 Pro version, or is there one for the P3 4k?

Color me baffled.

Craig
2018-8-31
Use props
RAONE
lvl.1

in phantom 3 and phantom 4....is their battery are same or different.
2018-8-31
Use props
Craigart14
lvl.2
United States

RAONE Posted at 2018-8-31 18:15

I don't know. Both Heliguy and one of the DJI techs have said in response to other questions that the P3 Pro version of the go app works with the 4k, but it doesn't. I'm wondering if I have to get an earlier version, then upgrade.
2018-8-31
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

On apkpure.com you can get earlier version of the Go app. But the actual version must have the P3 4K too. Connect the P3 4K via WIFI to the phone.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

RAONE Posted at 2018-8-31 18:15

Hi. No. Phantom 3 batteries and Phantom 4 batteries are different from each other.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. You just have to reinstall the app to get the latest version of the app.
2018-9-2
Use props
Craigart14
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 10:09
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. You just have to reinstall the app to get the latest version of the app.

Which version is the latest version? Can you give me a link to it? Do I download it to my phone? Do I need to copy it to the SC card int the drone?
2018-9-2
Use props
Craigart14
lvl.2
United States

Update: I've gotten a lot of advice from forum members and DJI tech support. Thanks to everyone. So here's what happened: I had updated the firmware on the drone and the controller with the wrong firmware. Finally, thanks to msinger, I got a link to older bin files and downloaded V 1.06.050 and installed the upgrade on the drone and the controller via sd card. It took a hell of a long time, but eventually I got a green light on the camera and the controller, then a variety of blinking lights on the drone. Not really expecting anything, I tried pulling both sticks back. The drone motors kicked on. (I had taken the props off.)  Still couldn't connect the phone. DJI Go didn't show the P3 4k on the equipment list, so it kept looping me from the equipment page to the "How to Connect" screen. Someone had told me to use the P3 Pro setup, which didn't work, but a DJI tech called Banjoe explained that the Pro works on lightbridge while the 4k works through wifi. My phone's wifi kept trying to connect to the Phantom network, turning on, connecting, connecting, connecting, turning off, turning on connecting, etc. Finally, instead of clicking "connect" on the Phantom network, I pressed and held the the network name, which got me to Manage Networks, so I could access the PHantom settings and key in the password, which luckily was still the factory default. Voila! Re-opened DJII Go and saw the P3 4k Camera View page. Hit that and saw what my drone was seeing. Shut everything down, put the props back on, turned on the drone, controller, and phone, only to have the app tell me the firmware had to be updated. Curses! Wasn't so sure I wanted to go down that road again, but what the hell. It updated pretty fast, probably because the right firmware was already there, but anyway I was able to manage a test flight and snap a few photos.  Thanks again to everyone who tried to help. Craig
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules