Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaa3c6887
lvl.1
Flight distance : 445390 ft
United States

Installed DJI Assistant 2 Version: V2.0.0
Installed latest DJI Go 4 for Mavic 2 ProFirmware version: V01.00.0000

I have now had my Mavic 2 Pro for almost a week. I have been trying to update the firmware of the drone itself since then.

On the DJI Go app, the download fails very quick every time with network disconnect issues. I have tried both WiFi and Cellular connections but neither one have a different result. Failure every time.

On DJI Assistant 2, the drone has failed firmware download every time from different internet connections (Home, Work, Wifi hotspot). The firmware download fails between 0% - 25% with a Network error. Every time, I restart the drone and attempt again with the same results. Since this happens on all attempts and connections I am assuming this is something on DJI's side.

On DJI Assistant 2, the controller finally downloaded the firmware and installed successfully after 5 attempts. Now I finally have something up to date.

Without the drone getting updated there will not be any hyperlapse or several other features that were a big seller for this drone. I am stuck on the pre-release firmware and this is very annoying and I have not even flown the drone yet because I want the features it is supposed to have. This should not be an issue for how expensive of a device these are and I am half tempted to send it back and go back to my MP1.

DJI Assistant 2

DJI Assistant 2

DJI Go

DJI Go

2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_Syj1Bijurirj
New
United States

Same here, and I'm really not sure what to do at this point! The frustration is real..
2018-8-31
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Their server might just be busy. Saw others had to try this over and over to get the update loaded. Might give it a day or two or try different time of day. Don't think DJI had all their ducks in a row for this release. First they cancelled the initial "show and tell" and now it appears that the MP2 is not exactly ready for prime time (missing features, problems with updating, etc.).
2018-8-31
Use props
karlo_m
First Officer
Flight distance : 349885 ft
Croatia

Guys this happened to me as well. Try to do it without SD card in the Mavic
2018-8-31
Use props
Jared New
lvl.1
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-31 18:40
Their server might just be busy. Saw others had to try this over and over to get the update loaded. Might give it a day or two or try different time of day. Don't think DJI had all their ducks in a row for this release. First they cancelled the initial "show and tell" and now it appears that the MP2 is not exactly ready for prime time (missing features, problems with updating, etc.).

I have tried all hours of the day with no luck at any time of day.
2018-8-31
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

I was able to update the M2 Zoom and the RC on the first try using the DJI Assistant for Mavic 2.  I did get an "inconsistant firmware" warning after burning thru 3 batteries.  Downloaded the additional update before powering down the M2 Zoom.  Didn't get to fly it but will try again tomorrow.  
2018-8-31
Use props
fansdf1d61d3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12241 ft
Australia

Hi, I had the same issue last night. I updated the controller first, with the aircraft switched off. I found that when the controller was connected to the aircraft it gave me the network error. With the aircraft switched off, and the remote controller on, the controller firmware update went through smoothly.

Next, the aircraft had to be done via PC, as using my phone had no luck. I installed DJI Assistant 2 and tried connecting the mavic 2 pro to it, but it was dropping my wifi connection and looking at the mavic as a network connection (so I lost internet connectivity). I restarted my computer, recharged the drone battery, and I used an ethernet connection from my router to my PC, this worked, and I was able to connect the aircraft, download the firmware and within 10 mins it was all done. Hope this helps man
2018-9-1
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Make sure you are using Assistant 2 for mavic, not the older Assistant 2 that worked for MPP and MP.  The newer software is on the main downloads page for the mavic Pro.

The firmware for me took about 6 to 8 minutes total.  Download was quickest part using Assistant 2 for Mavic, the other steps took the most time.

I updated the controller via DJIgo4 latest version via iOS and it went very fast.

Paul C
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced, Just want to clarify how many times have you tried to update it? And If the issue still persist? For me to escalate the issue as well.
2018-9-1
Use props
Jared New
lvl.1
United States

fansdf1d61d3 Posted at 2018-9-1 04:59
Hi, I had the same issue last night. I updated the controller first, with the aircraft switched off. I found that when the controller was connected to the aircraft it gave me the network error. With the aircraft switched off, and the remote controller on, the controller firmware update went through smoothly.

Next, the aircraft had to be done via PC, as using my phone had no luck. I installed DJI Assistant 2 and tried connecting the mavic 2 pro to it, but it was dropping my wifi connection and looking at the mavic as a network connection (so I lost internet connectivity). I restarted my computer, recharged the drone battery, and I used an ethernet connection from my router to my PC, this worked, and I was able to connect the aircraft, download the firmware and within 10 mins it was all done. Hope this helps man

Over Ethernet worked. This was the solution. Thanks for the suggestion.
2018-9-1
Use props
Jared New
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-1 11:16
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced, Just want to clarify how many times have you tried to update it? And If the issue still persist? For me to escalate the issue as well.

Stephen, I tried probably 50 times and got to 55% once on the download of the firmware. I then tried to do it over ethernet instead of wifi and that seemed to work. I now have the latest firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules