21050 158 2014-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kuau714
lvl.1

United States

I am going round and round on my issue.
I have a S900/A2/Zenmuse Z15N for NEX

I cannot get smooth video with out vibration.
I am using the extended landing gear as recommended on page 21 of the S900 manual.
I also have removed the dampers on the Z15 gimbal as pictured in the manual.

I have black vibration dampers right now but saw a thread hear talking about using grey dampers.
I have also noticed that my video has less vibration when my landing gear is down, not up..

I have no idea what else to check Please help...
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

Hi Kuau714,

could you pls check the gain value in the assistant software? Are they within the recommended range of gain values (Basic: Roll 110%, Pitch 110%, Yaw 120% ; Attitude: Roll 220%, Pitch 220%, Vertical 120%)?

Also, to better analyze the problem, could you pls tell us whether the video vibration is mainly due to gimbal or S900? You can observe it on next flight.
2014-11-4
Use props
kuau714
lvl.1

United States

I would say the vibration is coming from the S900.
The reason why I say this is because when I first installed my Z15n, I had left on the dampers and though the gimbal did rub against the landing gear a bit, the video was much more stable..

As soon as I re installed the Z15 as shown on page 21 of the S900 manual this is when I really noticed very shaky video.

I have been running the gains at at 135 for and attitude. I got these numbers from Ken and Ed DJI support forum on rcgroups.com
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

kuau714 Posted at 2014-11-6 04:19
I would say the vibration is coming from the S900.
The reason why I say this is because when I first ...

Hi Kuau714,

could you pls try to set the gain values to the recommended range of gain values (Basic: Roll 110%, Pitch 110%, Yaw 120% ; Attitude: Roll 220%, Pitch 220%, Vertical 120%) and see whether this could reduce the vibration of S900?
2014-11-6
Use props
kuau
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-6 16:44
Hi Kuau714,

could you pls try to set the gain values to the recommended range of gain values (Bas ...

I did just what you asked, and it does seem to be better, though still some minor vibration in the footage.
I have heard from some users of the S1000 and they never took off the extra set of dampers when they installed there gimbal.
I have even noticed on some of the earlier pictures of the S900 with Zenmuse gimbal that the Zenmuse dampers are still on...

Lastly, there is the issue of the dampers I have on my S900 right now, which are the black ones and not the grey, I have heard that the grey dampers are softer than the black. Can you confirm this and if so where can I purchase the grey dampers from? Here in the USA no one has them...
2014-11-6
Use props
kuau714
lvl.1

United States

kuau Posted at 2014-11-7 02:20
I did just what you asked, and it does seem to be better, though still some minor vibration in the ...

Here is the video from today
[url= http://youtu.be/eswG5EKs2h0]DJI Gains[/url]
2014-11-6
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's about the best you can get when using a non approved Lens... I would like to see a video on how well the dynamic balance is on the gimbal. Can you please post a short video showing the camera's balance in all directions?
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

kuau Posted at 2014-11-7 02:20
I did just what you asked, and it does seem to be better, though still some minor vibration in the ...

Hi Kuau,

great to hear that the situation is improved. As far as I understand, the grey dampers are softer than the black ones.

I am not sure whether grey dampers are available or not in your local DJI support center. But you can try to contact your closest DJI support center: http://www.dji.com/support.
2014-11-7
Use props
kuau714
lvl.1

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-11-7 05:30
That's about the best you can get when using a non approved Lens... I would like to see a video on h ...

I will get it posted. Though I just saw DJI just released Spare Part 35 motor vibration damper. I will purchase when they become available
2014-11-7
Use props
kuau714
lvl.1

United States

Here is another video I just did but this time I put back in the dampers in the Z15 Gimbal...
http://youtu.be/dNowMoja_6U
2014-11-10
Use props
Winchester
New

Austria

how did you manage to make a new tread ?
2014-11-11
Use props
kuau714
lvl.1

United States

Still no luck, not sure what to do at this point. I submitted a service ticker on this site and never heard back from anyone.
http://youtu.be/yt9uHS-yMkg
2014-11-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You will not get support on a unsupported configuration. You are using a non-supported Lens, this will create these micro bounces.
2014-11-18
Use props
sandberg1976
New

Sweden

Seems like im not alone on this.. I dont use gimbal or highend cam, just a gopro with damber's. How ever, at the start i was reading about the gain settings and see that there was a bit wobble effect in the video's. So i changed the gain setting's as told on this forum.. But the effect was the same.. So i went back with gains.. Now still the same thing.. So, as trying to get the gains as smooth as possible is hard enough. WHY, aint there a Calibration or some kind where a software can measure while standing at home and trying to get some kind of ground to all this settings.. ??
2014-11-29
Use props
DJI-nick
lvl.1

China

Try the PART 35 new motor damper and work with the  gain as show before.
2014-12-2
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm seeing no issues with the s900. I run both a gh4 hd gimbal and a little gopro black w/ h3-3d running on a plate I printed out,

Works really well, I can swap out my gh4 to gopro in just a few minutes. The flight time with this little weight is outstanding.

Honestly the h3-3d works very well on the s900. You have to make sure you get the CG correct though. It not the easiest thing to do if not running a larger gimbal.
2014-12-5
Use props
marcel.king
New

United Kingdom

Hello
I can tell you I amdiisapointed with the s900 I have two of these and my friend has one and they all have chronic vibration coming from the main frame all I can do is go back to basics and balance the props and check the rubber grommets under the motors  as this is. Big concern because that vibration is going through the flight controller which will eventually cause damage
2014-12-6
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have the S900 and the same Zenmuse setup.
I had a misshap so its down now but here are some vids I did before that

Ps. Only the Ferry one is 100% S900

http://www.skypixel.com/user/rune

Im in my car actually on the same ferry but will take a photo of my setup later and post but its just like yours.
Did you get the Gimbal with the camera?

I got a old that I used on a 800Evo and the previous owner had a Nex5 and I had a Nex7 but was told it would be no problem. Still had to calibrate it by moving the attatchment plate just a few mm back and forth to get rid of vibrations that came mostly when I was pulling the S800 down and sharp turns + wind.
2014-12-16
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

marcel.king@ntl Posted at 2014-12-7 15:52
Hello
I can tell you I amdiisapointed with the s900 I have two of these and my friend has one and th ...

Check blade tightness, too tight can cause issues the same as being to loose.
2014-12-16
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

Sorry have not got a chance to post a picture yet.

@blade_strike I was at several stores today to get locktight and a device small enough to be able to use to get how much preassure you use when tightning. They did not have so small one like this. Where do you get yours?

Also the had the regular blue locktight but the white described to use outside/on top of each bolt they did not have or understand what it is. Any advice?

PS: The beeping sound went away on the S900 when I got the brand new arm with motor so something had to be broken on the old motor/system.
2014-12-17
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

@blade_strike I was at several stores today to get locktight and a device small enough to be able to use to get how much preassure you use when tightning. They did not have so small one like this. Where do you get yours?

Also the had the regular blue locktight but the white described to use outside/on top of each bolt they did not have or understand what it is. Any advice?

PS: The beeping sound went away on the S900 when I got the brand new arm with motor so something had to be broken on the old motor/system.
2014-12-17
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rubenmail@gmail Posted at 2014-12-17 23:30

@blade_strike I was at several stores today to  ...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the white on top of each screw, I use as white paint pen.
2014-12-17
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

Thank you once again
2014-12-17
Use props
marcel.king
New

United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-17 00:04
Check blade tightness, too tight can cause issues the same as being to loose.

blade tightness is as specified by dji 4kg torque on blade bolts, does anyone know the torque of the bolts holding the motors down?
2014-12-17
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It's not 4kg.. it's .4nm, I have found .3-.35nm to be the sweet spot.If you're using 4kg, that is a big problem!
No torque spec on motor mounts, they need to be tight and secured with thread lock.

2014-12-18
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

Blade_Strike : I could not find any in the city except overkill ones for 500 USD.
If I move it so the screw lines up with the paint I should be good?

Kind of strange that they made it so you need this. Some sort of lock plate or if the bolt went through and you could insert a lock through a hole in the bolt or maybe a snap on plate?
2014-12-20
Use props
Jsbryant
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275246 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-5 15:44
Hi Kuau714,

could you pls check the gain value in the assistant software? Are they within the recom ...

Shaking :@
2014-12-28
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
  • >>>
Norway

Jsbryant Posted at 2014-12-29 13:43
https://vimeo.com/115546693

Shaking

Hi

I have one more dampening kit on mine and its the one that it came with then I got it for the S800 before I moved it over to the S900. But I dont think looking at the video its the Zenmuse and its the S900 itself.

The S900 looks well balanced and as staying rock steady in the air even as it shakes. Have you sent this video to DJI support? I would asume they would want to look at it.
2014-12-29
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yep, he need to work on centering and balancing the battery on the tray. The video clearly shows this.
2014-12-30
Use props
Jsbryant
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-31 00:08
Yep, he need to work on centering and balancing the battery on the tray. The video clearly shows thi ...

In this configuration the COG is directly down the centre of the airframe as it should be. The battery position in this video has no relation to the shaking oscillating but thanks for your input.
2015-1-7
Use props
Jsbryant
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

Jsbryant Posted at 2014-12-29 13:43
https://vimeo.com/115546693

Shaking

Gains are set to the recomended 110 basic and a little less at 170 atti. It will not shake if the gains are at 100 but its unusable in most circumstances with such low gains. The dampening is to soft but thats another issue all together.
2015-1-7
Use props
fabien
lvl.2

France

Hi,

you need to remove the gimbal plate, and then remove one of the landing gears unit so you can disassemble the carbon tube between both landing gears retract units.
That done, degrease and grind ( with sand paper grade 240 ) the la tubes going in the carbon tube, same for inside the extremities of the carbon tube, and apply slow cure epoxy, reassemble and feel the difference when you push / pull the landing gears when they are opened... This will reduce and even sometimes cancel totally the horizontal vibrations for which the dampers are just useless..

We do this on all S900 and S1000 we sell...
Attached is a small document with tips for the S900 building.

Best regards,

Fabien

S900 Build Tips.pdf

618.51 KB, Down times: 249

S900 building tips

2015-1-8
Use props
jakub.egermaier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3435 ft
Czechia

fabien Posted at 2015-1-8 22:46
Hi,

you need to remove the gimbal plate, and then remove one of the landing gears unit so you can  ...

If this is true than I will go crazy.....after all of the trouble with frame....
2015-1-15
Use props
ducpeter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Jakub,
its a good advise from Fabien, to solve your Problems and makes sense to solve horizontal vibrations for my understanding. Still i have no problem but i will do it like he explained

thanks Fabien
2015-1-15
Use props
fabien.email
lvl.2

France

jakub.egermaier Posted at 2015-1-16 06:37
If this is true than I will go crazy.....after all of the trouble with frame....

Hi,

all problems have origins, sometimes simple ones. In Multirotors, the motors work by " cycle"' for yaw and gains must be setup correctly first of all or the ESC's will give the motors " hectic" behavior, translating in vibrations and oscillations.
Then the landing gears, when down, vibrate very easy because the assemblies are full of slope. Reducing that slope ( a bit long but pays off very well..) helps, and the small slope you have on these assemblies, you ca notice it very easy : just take off, leave the landing gears down, and joint the camera to the landing gear, you will see them vibrate... Put them up and you see them vibrating and the vibrations then are routed to the gimbal support because the frames can't handle that " lever effect" without a bit of help ( gluing the carbon tube to secure both landing gears units).
Simple things..; Sometimes turning you mad and search for complicated reasons. And as there is no horizontal damping...
I use the following basic gains on the S900 and adapt the to y customers preferences for the Attitude gains.
- Basic :130 /130 / 120
- Attitude : 120 / 120 / 110
Best regards,

Fabien
2015-1-19
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

configured the recommended once and got the vibration gone, even on wind 25km/hr and gust 32 km/hr.

Would like to know the recommended values for the S1000+
2015-1-19
Use props
matukash.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5261699 ft
United States

fabien.email Posted at 2015-1-19 22:19
Hi,

all problems have origins, sometimes simple ones. In Multirotors, the motors work by " cycle" ...

Are those WKM gains? I keep having 3-white light blinks when flying, especially if there's any wind.. My current gains are

Basic- Pitch: 175  Roll:175   Yaw: 173   Vertical:107
Attitude- Pitch: 190  Roll: 190

Any advice?

These gains are just what I've been using. When flying it seems that whenever there's wind, the multirotor starts to twich. You cant tell by looking at it, but you can definitely hear the intermittent increase in throttle, as if the motors were "tweaking" (oscillating) ... Seems that this is a vibration issue. Had the same thing happen on the s800 v1, bought the dampeners and the problem was gone, now it seems thta DJI has added rubber inserts for the motor mounts, but that doesn't seem to help. Just so you know, all props are factory tightened, never touched them myself.

I would tell you if the problem is the same as the member's who needs to have his batteries balanced, but its hard to tell due to no sound in the video.

My IMU is in the regular location in the back on the s900.

Thanks for any help in advance.

P.S. anyone here use some dampening materials under their imu? Like foam, rubber mat, etc.
2015-1-25
Use props
fabien.email
lvl.2

France

Hi, these are Dji A2 gains.
Your gains seem pretty high, and the white blinks indicate that there is a bad imu status.
This could come from either too many vibrations, or from too high gains, simply.
Attitude gains are only to manage the "reactions between your inputs and the machine reactivity.
Basic gains are the most important, start with 120 /130 gains for all parameters, then refine Pitch / Roll, then once done refine yaw and finally vertical. I did not use the WKM on S900 or S1000 frames so i can't give you a " preset" that works well, sorry for this.
BEst regards,
Fabien
2015-1-26
Use props
matukash.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5261699 ft
United States

fabien.email Posted at 2015-1-27 10:49
Hi, these are Dji A2 gains.
Your gains seem pretty high, and the white blinks indicate that there is ...

Fabien, you're the best! Will try working on those gains. Thanks!
2015-1-27
Use props
SFOPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718123 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys,

here is a link to a Swiss company ....

http://multicopter-shop.ch/index ... te-1-5mm-carbon-mat

they claim they have found a 110% solution to fix the wobble problem.

Well it is not cheap but it makes sense as the bottom plate is very thin on my S 900.

2015-1-29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules