S900 Vibrartion problems....
1234Next >
21044 158 2014-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smartaerials
New

Spain

So anybody with full DJI gear could confirm that S900 + Zenmusse work flawlessly without having to mess around to much??
2015-2-18
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

If I understand what DJI wrote me. If you buy a complet S900 with Zenmuse, you don't have any problem with any vibrations

Did you found a solution Kuau ?
2015-2-18
Use props
alexfly1980
lvl.2

Russia

Hi guys
Today was the response of the local dealer in Russia
I blame myself that I use is not zenmusss,
dzhimbal handmade he can not be bad
I need to spend $ 2,500
THANK DJI !
2015-2-18
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Did you reed the first page of this topic. Kuau had the same thing with is Zenmuse gimbal...
I don't want to spend 2900 euros to buy a Z15 gimbal for Nex-7
2015-2-18
Use props
alexfly1980
lvl.2

Russia

I do not know what to do ......
Probably want to change the frame to another manufacturer
discusses options
1.TAROT X6
2.gauimrt 950H Basic Kit
I think the manufacturer should respond and provide solutions to problems and provide upgrade their mistakes
BUT they consider us foolish and continue to sell on marriage without changing anything!!!!!
I think you should write a formal complaint and sue and demand compensation for the money spent
The manufacturer shall not egde warns that this design does not work with other dzhimbals except for zenmuss
2015-2-18
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

I think that DJI should propose us a special reduiced price for a Zenmuse gimbal.
2015-2-18
Use props
alexfly1980
lvl.2

Russia

We are waiting for an official response !!!!! ......
2015-2-18
Use props
alexfly1980
lvl.2

Russia

//////
2015-2-18
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Yes... I hope so
2015-2-18
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

New lovely test of the day.... Thanks DJI
2015-2-19
Use props
alexfly1980
lvl.2

Russia

You have good heat, we the winter is cold
2015-2-19
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Yes.. 14°C this afternoon

New vidéo after several modifications on S900 frame and damper from gimbal

2015-2-19
Use props
alexfly1980
lvl.2

Russia

Yes already better
show photo installation
2015-2-19
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Yes but a small test. Waiting for a real one, a long one With Wind.
My gains for Basic 110, 110, 110 and Attitudes 110, 110, 100
I have change the motoŕs Damper.
2015-2-20
Use props
kedrikov
lvl.1
Russia

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-2-20 18:10
Yes but a small test. Waiting for a real one, a long one With Wind.
My gains for Basic 110, 110, 11 ...

Show photo gimbal  please
2015-2-20
Use props
signirr
lvl.2

Italy

low gain is not the solution. DJI s900 becomes unstable and uncontrollable with the wind
the gain of default are the best in any situation
2015-2-22
Use props
signirr
lvl.2

Italy

I checked every single motor, balance and torque propellers, landing fix, new damper motors, support IMU.
I changed three gimbal and two control boards.
With the Zenmuse Z15 no problem , with other gimbal oscillation
no vibrations, oscillations of the frame is transmitted to the gimbal

Gopro fixed above the frame vibrates less than the Sony Nex positioned on the gimbal with shock absorber
2015-2-22
Use props
signirr
lvl.2

Italy

kedrikov@ramble Posted at 2015-2-18 03:57
Hi guys.I have the same problem. I use a homemade gimbal, which worked last season on Tarot S900 fla ...

Anti-drop and Zenmuse Z15 black silicon rubber
2015-2-22
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

So why do we have oscillation coming to the frame... the solution is to stop them. Because if the solution is to buy a Zenmuse I gona bring back the S900 to my dealer.
2015-2-23
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

News from DJi and my dealer. They propose me a Zenmuse gimbal for 1450 euros instead of 2990 euros
2015-2-27
Use props
t.suire.sudoues
New

France

Looking for a Zenmuse to try before to buy one. In France... dans le Sud-Ouest
2015-3-4
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3540098 ft
Bulgaria

t.suire.sudoues Posted at 2015-3-4 19:33
Looking for a Zenmuse to try before to buy one. In France... dans le Sud-Ouest

Hello guys. I have read all this topic carefully, because I have same experience with my S900. The main problem is when there is just slight wind - the copter becomes uncontrolable and two days ago, suddenly WKM controller reversed all my commands. I guess this comes because of the stored errors caused by the vibrations in windy conditions. Yesterday I have started eploring the problem from its roots - motors and propellers. I have deattached the props and started carefuly to balance the motors. Surprisingly the stock S900 motors are not in perfect balance. So I have started there. Today I have made tests (only one arm with motor and prop) with 980 fps camera and pattern background which are wasn't as I expected. We need much faster camera to inspect the habit of the propeller in different RPMs, but still there are some helpful moments. Next week I am going to inspect and measure all the props with professional equipment and I will share the results. But one thing decreased my vibrations 2,5-3 times - looseing the bolts which are holding the props. All these results are still just on the test bench. Hopfuly soon I will make test flight and will be glad to discuss the results here with you. I have tested tons of vibration isolators on the gimbal mount as well under the WKM controller which have their pluses and minuses but my personal opinion is that the problem must be KILLED where it BORNS. Whish me luck with my task. I will share with you soon.

Happy flying to everyone
2015-3-4
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

the problem must be KILLED where it BORNS... Yes ! But where ????
2015-3-4
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-3-5 04:50
the problem must be KILLED where it BORNS... Yes ! But where ????

For me it is in the motors and mainly in the props. Basicly the stock DJI props are not paired. I will make the rig to measure all the sections of two opposite props (segments of 10mm.) and I will share the results. The only numbers that I have now are just weight. Difference between the two pieces of a pair is around 0,06 to 0,12g. and the weight centers are different too. Which means that they are not balaced at all
2015-3-4
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

All my props are paired... I did it and the difference between the two pieces is about 0,01 maximum
2015-3-4
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-3-5 05:16
All my props are paired... I did it and the difference between the two pieces is about 0,01 maximum

gersphoto.orang what is your propeller fork bolt tightness. Are you at the DJI white marks. I am just curious because i have found that playing with the tightness makes big difference
2015-3-4
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

These are some tests from today :

Tight props :

Loose props :

22.5 volts, 50 % throttle
The app is Vibrometer
2015-3-4
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

mitarashki Posted at 2015-3-5 05:37
gersphoto.orang what is your propeller fork bolt tightness. Are you at the DJI white marks. I am j ...

Not at DJI white marks.
2015-3-4
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

First video is shooted at 240 fps and the second at 480 fps
2015-3-4
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

mitarashki Posted at 2015-3-5 05:51
First video is shooted at 240 fps and the second at 480 fps

After you have loose the props did you experienced better flight ? I have not made test flight like that that is why I am asking. Just pissed of and trying to find the answer. Sorry if I offended you somehow
2015-3-4
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Yes it was better... And I have changer the motors damper for Parts 35 from DJI, and realy better.
2015-3-4
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Realy that is great. I didn't knew about Part 35. What is the phisical difference between the two dampeners. I can only see on the picture that they are somwhow on slices. Are they harder or softer than the old ones ? I have replaced the top plate with http://kopterworx.com/dji-s900-upgrade-plate-anty-jello.html , and there is much better and harder performance in the air. Thank you for sharing Part 35 with me   What do you think of those http://www.droneforsale.tiberius ... tirotor-helicopter/ , they are much harder than the stock ones
2015-3-4
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

I don't know about the carbon fiber Props but the new dampeners are softer. I saw the top plate, but I don't think that will change my problem. When I use my Tarot gimbal with Gopro, I can't see any vibration ??? With my Dys gimbal and Sony Nex-7, too much vibrations. With my Z48 gimbal and Nex-7, it's better, and that one is more heavy than the DYS one. And before I was using a Z59 and Sony nex-7 and it was realy better. So I think it's a problem with the weight... Sorry for my english
2015-3-4
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-3-5 06:38
I don't know about the carbon fiber Props but the new dampeners are softer. I saw the top plate, but ...

What capacity is the battery you are flying with ? Did you fly your copter in wind with the new rubbers ? I am very interested in its performance in wind. I believe that the main problem in S900 is not balanced props and motors which with combination of rubber dampeners under the motors make the bird VERY unstable in wind. My previous copter was S800 first version and it was flying great with no vibrations at 12m/s winds, which is unthinkable with S900 at this time. We have now bad weather with much rain and snow here and can't do test flights. When i finish balancing the motors and props i will test it and post back. Good luck
2015-3-4
Use props
t.suire.sudoues
New

France

Yes, with strong wind or without, and it's the same thing.
2015-3-5
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

I am going to try with 500 grammes weight more. Nearly the same weight than a Zenmuse. Gona try with and without.
2015-3-5
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Always the same... :@
Changed all my gimbal's gains and always the same... I gona try this gimbal with an other copter
2015-3-6
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Here is a new test with hard dampers on S900 and gimbal to
2015-3-7
Use props
alexfly1980
lvl.2

Russia

hi gersphoto.orang