Russia

I looked your last video
vibration has remained ......
2015-3-7
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Yes it's realy better but... I said but... I found a new problem with my gimbal... so I gona change for a Zenmuse now
2015-3-8
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4610774 ft
Bulgaria

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-3-8 19:32
Yes it's realy better but... I said but... I found a new problem with my gimbal... so I gona change  ...

Hey guys. I have found another issue with my S900. One of the bolts which holds the motor to the carbon base was not tight. That makes my motor twist a lot more than it is supposed to. It might be helpful information for someone.

http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=36476d3e6b

http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=272fa19b7e

http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=b562076d20
2015-3-8
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Great... I am going to have a look
2015-3-8
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-3-9 02:29
Great... I am going to have a look

Actually the bolt looked tight but when pushing the motor to the direction of the bolt it went out nearly 3mm. Good luck. Hope it will help you
2015-3-8
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

all of them ?
2015-3-8
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

No.not all of them. Just on one of the arms
2015-3-8
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Here is what I food in my gimbal....
2015-3-9
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-3-10 06:51
Here is what I food in my gimbal....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8sGRnnh6Fk

I hope that when you fix this all your problems will go away and you will share some rock solid videos with us. Good luck
2015-3-10
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

I hope so.
2015-3-10
Use props
signirr
lvl.2

Italy

mitarashki Posted at 2015-3-5 05:47
These are some tests from today :

Tight props :
I purchased the torque wrench, $ 300, without solving the problem.
I tried 0,3 Nm and then 0.4Nm, videos always with vibrations.

2015-3-10
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Hey "signirr"
I have made today my first test flight after a lor of modifications and the video looks rock solid and the sound of the S900 is much softer. The weather was bad and the copter was in the air only 1 minute. Tomorrow will do longer flights and post back. I have loosen my props until I can't rotate the motor when I am pushing the prop tip. I did it by feeling because I do not have torque screwdriver. The balance of the motors have a big role too.  If you didn't balanced them start there. Good luck
2015-3-10
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

How did you balance the motors ?
Gimbal conceptor told me that the problem coming from the S900 and my dealer sold the copter told me that the problem coming from the gimbal... what a fun !!!
2015-3-10
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

gersphoto.orang Posted at 2015-3-11 06:42
How did you balance the motors ?
Gimbal conceptor told me that the problem coming from the S900 and  ...

Do you have DJI  or third party brand gimbal ?
2015-3-11
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Homemade one with Alexmos
2015-3-11
Use props
signirr
lvl.2

Italy

2015-3-11
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Gopro camera
2015-3-11
Use props
mitarashki
lvl.3
Bulgaria

That is why I have asked you what gimal you use. For DJI is normal to answer like that when you are not using Zenmuse. They can give you full support when the whole platfom is theirs. Apple style. Sometimes work, sometimes not
2015-3-12
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

They proposed me a Zenmuse one for half price but today they told me : "sorry no more in stock"... Lovely no ?
2015-3-12
Use props
alexfly1980
lvl.2

Russia

КЛАСС
2015-3-12
Use props
signirr
lvl.2

Italy

DJI ended ones to give to you. but the other to sell at full price are available
2015-3-13
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Something like that
2015-3-13
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Did anyone try to fly with a very low gain's value ?
2015-3-16
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

New test from today. Nether the same.
2015-3-16
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Sorry but S900 looks like a big shit with 6 propellers no ? :@
Why do not DJI Innovations answer to our questions ?
2015-3-19
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

New last test, I have change the landing gear
2015-3-21
Use props
Drone effect
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34432 ft
France

I use S900 + A2 + Zenmuse GH4 and I have a lot of vibrations ... I have also a skyline's drift ... All my problems has been appear after the last upgrade.

FL
www.droneeffect.fr
2015-3-26
Use props
jdpitts
New

United Kingdom

SFOPhantom Posted at 2015-1-30 06:14
Hi guys,

here is a link to a Swiss company ....

don't you mean change the top plates? I think you need this http://kopterworx.com/shop/dji-i ... ate-anty-jello.html
2015-4-12
Use props
gersphoto.orang
lvl.4
France

Here is my S900 with a Zenmuse gimbal... it's realy better
2015-4-13
Use props
eyeintheskypros
New

United States

ducpeter Posted at 2015-1-16 06:50
Hi Jakub,
its a good advise from Fabien, to solve your Problems and makes sense to solve horizontal ...

Regarding Fabien's cross support approach, after following the thread for some time I finally pressed ahead with his approach and achieved 100% success.  I have S900 with severe shake in the video -- visibly can observe gimbal and landing gear shake.  After applying Fabien's fix, it is gone.  Prop tightness and gain setting had little effect.

Thank you, Fabien, for your demonstrated ingenuity and for you passionate persistence to educate us on this DJI design deficiency!
2015-5-3
Use props
post.mollanmedi
New

Norway

Hi. Thank you for your job guys! At last got my z15 GH4 back form its 2. trip to DJI, took me 6 months to get the s900 in the air with the gimbal,  and it vibrated like h....
I have glued the landing gear reinforcement, changed the bottom and top center plate to stiffer carbon plates, tighten the landing gear springs a bit and loosened the propellers.
And lowered the gains to 100 - 100 - 110.
Almost there. Still a bit to go to perfect result.
And now I need some help. I'm about to balance motors and propellers. I have bought a clap-propeller adapter with a centerhole for balancing the propellers, and installed the Accelerometer Monitor App.
But how do I run one and one engine in an easy way? I would like to shut off the other 5 while working on one motor at a time.
Thanks
Arnt
2015-5-6
Use props
wojtekgdy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2071860 ft
Poland

mitarashki Posted at 2015-3-13 04:57
That is why I have asked you what gimal you use. For DJI is normal to answer like that when you ar ...

Hi mitarashki, what is Your gimbal ? It is also homemade Alex mos or zenmuse ? Do you have any video showing quality of footage after modyfications ?
2015-5-14
Use props
signirr
lvl.2

Italy

I tried 0,2 Nm,  video without vibrations even with very high gain.
The final solution
2015-6-2
Use props
iassen
lvl.1
Greece

So... I have vibrations with my s900. Everything is recomended. I installed the anti vibrations bottom plate. I put double suspension with 24 rubber dampers. I tried low gains. I glued the center carbon tube to the landing gear. Put a nd filter . Still vibrates. The only thing that helped a bit is adjusting the bolts of the propellers. They were adjusted by dji, but some were tightened too much. It still vibrates just a little, but i am very frustrated with Dji support. I have lost thousands of income and time to deal with this. Dealt with crappy updates and downgrading. For me this is not  fully professional video equipment and dji does not provide professional service to its costumers. May they should advertise it as photo gear. I am thinking of replaceing the frame with s800 evo, but with my expirience i am scared that i will land into new troubles and not have the folding option.. More money just to get a descent video...

2015-9-4
Use props
iassen
lvl.1
Bulgaria

So after a year of trying to achive descent video with it, my s900 is completly ruined, but the bottom antivibration plate is intact. If someone wants to buy it cheaper then a new one, please email me. iassen@maxmediabg.com
2015-10-20
Use props
carl.sheppard
New

New Zealand

Well, sad to say, but here's another S900 owner with the same shake problems.  I'm using an A6300 with an MRS gimbal.  Tried different dampers and arrangements, gains, glued carbon landing gear tube etc still no good.  Ordered a stiffer top plate and about to balance motors... fingers crossed..
2016-4-7
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

carl.sheppard@h Posted at 2016-4-8 13:17
Well, sad to say, but here's another S900 owner with the same shake problems.  I'm using an A6300 wi ...

Hey Carl, did you manage to get stable footage? I am using a s900 with a Mr Infinity Gimbal (same brand HDAIR) I am having pretty serious problems as I have tried the top plate, glued the legs, new balanced props, new 35 motor dampers, added a small piece of velcro betwwen the joint in the retracts to add a slight soft wedge when closed. My gains are at 100 and I am still seeing micro vibrations (very small, looks like the lens is going in and out of focus) Im gutted.
I was wondering if it has something to do with the hd air dampers?
Great gimbals but I dont have the option to remove dampers.
2016-6-11
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Skyris Posted at 2016-6-12 07:51
Hey Carl, did you manage to get stable footage? I am using a s900 with a Mr Infinity Gimbal (same  ...

I am Worried to reduce the gains even lower.. has anyone taken them as low as 90?
2016-6-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

After reading through this thread I can suggest that the rubber motor isolation mounts are a normal maintenance item.  DJI sells the upgrade kit.  The rubber mounts do degrade and need to be replaced that will remove much of the vibrations that you may be seeing.  Just my observation.  I have replaced mine twice in the last two years.
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules