Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware - When?
123Next >
6398 92 2018-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

When can we expect new Mavic Air firmware update as the 0.400 version is buggy as found by many users.  if you don`t believe just check YouTube!!
2018-8-31
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Since DJI don't think that it is buggy, we may have to wait some time
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for all the trouble, as of the moment, we don't have any updates yet when is the next release of firmware for the Mavic Air. If there's an update, it will be posted here in the forum and you will also get a notification on your APP. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-1
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-1 02:42
Sorry for all the trouble, as of the moment, we don't have any updates yet when is the next release of firmware for the Mavic Air. If there's an update, it will be posted here in the forum and you will also get a notification on your APP. Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for the quick reply.

However it is critical that a bug-solving firmware for the Mavic Air be released as soon as possible.
2018-9-1
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-1 02:21
Since DJI don't think that it is buggy, we may have to wait some time

Thank you for the support.  Yeah you are correct.
2018-9-1
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-1 02:42
Sorry for all the trouble, as of the moment, we don't have any updates yet when is the next release of firmware for the Mavic Air. If there's an update, it will be posted here in the forum and you will also get a notification on your APP. Thanks for your understanding.

Three months and counting........ and DJI still doesn't have a solution. SERIOUSLY!
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_Eduan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41453 ft
South Africa

I’d wait for the next update. I just received my brand new Mavic Air and did the update via Assistant 2 on my PC, “what could go wrong”. Something went South with the update and now my drone is bricked...turns on and that’s it. PC,phone nor the controller recognizes it. Can’t connect in any way.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I've seen some people experiencing issues with latest FW for Mavic Air. But this has always been a problem for DJI, there are always people complaining with issues no matter what FW or which drone. I myself haven't seen any issues with latest FW, but with other drones it has been the case.

DJI will always fix bugs when it is a big issue. But in this case, given that they haven't release an update in quite a while; my conclusion is either they have spent three months on developing a new FW update or they don't think the issue is big enough.
2018-9-1
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-9-1 05:13
I've seen some people experiencing issues with latest FW for Mavic Air. But this has always been a problem for DJI, there are always people complaining with issues no matter what FW or which drone. I myself haven't seen any issues with latest FW, but with other drones it has been the case.

DJI will always fix bugs when it is a big issue. But in this case, given that they haven't release an update in quite a while; my conclusion is either they have spent three months on developing a new FW update or they don't think the issue is big enough.

Thank you for that insight.
2018-9-1
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

Soon!
2018-9-1
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Really?
2018-9-1
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

You know... that "soon" that never comes....
2018-9-1
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are too busy designing the M2pro plus
2018-9-1
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-9-1 08:26
They are too busy designing the M2pro plus

Thought so
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Watching this unfold, gives me little confidence in future of Mavic Pro and CrystalSky firmware updates to address their own problems.   Same with Assistant-2.
Also makes me wonder if Mavic Pro 2 will in a year suffer same fate as Mavic Air** - pushed to back-burner?

**Mavic Air release (ship) date 01/28/2018 or 216 days ago
**Mavic Air last firmware release  05/03/2018 or 121 days ago
2018-9-1
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-1 09:10
Watching this unfold, gives me little confidence in future of Mavic Pro and CrystalSky firmware updates to address their own problems.   Same with Assistant-2.
Also makes me wonder if Mavic Pro 2 will in a year suffer same fate as Mavic Air** - pushed to back-burner?

Thank you for your input

However the "statistics" describe a DARK picture
2018-9-1
Use props
Don308
lvl.1
United States

I’m running the latest and all seems fine. Prior to this the video lag and pixilation rendered it nearly unusable. I switched back to .16 because of it. Figured I’d try .24 and I no longer get repeated compass calibration messages nor the bad video. Now I get occasional message on takeoff the I have extra payload. I don’t know what that’s about.  Other than that it’s been fine. Running the Nexus 7 2013 tablet rooted.
2018-9-1
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-1 09:10

Man! Didnt know it was so ridiculous. Numbers dont lie
2018-9-1
Use props
Mark_One
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112123 ft
South Africa

Indeed a burning question if ever there was one.
2018-9-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_Eduan Posted at 2018-9-1 04:57
I’d wait for the next update. I just received my brand new Mavic Air and did the update via Assistant 2 on my PC, “what could go wrong”. Something went South with the update and now my drone is bricked...turns on and that’s it. PC,phone nor the controller recognizes it. Can’t connect in any way.

Sadly, that's not an issue of firmware - that's an issue of the update process.
Are you saying that the controller can't even link to the MA? If it can link, try ejecting the SD card, and do a firmware refresh from the controller/app (on the GO 4 splash screen, hold down the 3 bars at top right of screen for ~5 or so seconds and release).
2018-9-1
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

Ouch, sorry to hear about your misfortune
Hopefully you will be able to get back on track.
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_Eduan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41453 ft
South Africa

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-9-1 15:59
Sadly, that's not an issue of firmware - that's an issue of the update process.
Are you saying that the controller can't even link to the MA? If it can link, try ejecting the SD card, and do a firmware refresh from the controller/app (on the GO 4 splash screen, hold down the 3 bars at top right of screen for ~5 or so seconds and release).

Thought crossed my mind as well, but can't figure out what or how the update process went wrong.  

Drone seems to be in a permanent state of "Self diagnostics" - rear light flashes Green, red, yellow indefinitely. Can't connect my PC; PC recognizes an "unknown device" but it keeps refreshing (connecting & disconnecting). Can't connect to the GO4 app either, pressing (and holding) the rear button does nothing. No beeps, nothing. The drone just sits there flashing it's rear end at me.
2018-9-2
Use props
Intrakota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13607077 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder if they have considered issuing a roll back file to allow those who have updated and had problems to revert to the previous version, which for many, appears to have been less problematic than the latest offering, if not, why not.
My friend has a Mavic Air and I have a Mavic Pro, you would never believe the two Aircraft came from the same manufacturer.
Another problematic product with a god awful operating system is the Crystal sky monitor, in my case the 5.5” so if your thinking to invest, and from first hand experience - don’t bother, stick to your phone and make do, I wish I had.

Oh well, back to my Wok, thankfully it doesn’t need a software update.

2018-9-9
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious, what issues are you running into?  So far the Air has been pretty solid for me.  Its not perfect, but a pretty good aircraft from my experience.  

Maybe if you are having some specific issues, mentioning them here in this thread will help DJI to understand what issues people are running into and why they should be important to fix.

I've worked in the software industry most of my adult life, and I can say from being on that side of the ball, it can definitely be useful for customers/users to be specific.

Cheers!
2018-9-9
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
United States

My Air has been pretty solid apart from getting poor range when in CE mode but that is a hardware limitation more than anything. I have only experienced issues when using Android and that I have narrowed down to being the phone rather than firmware that affects the drone itself.

The unfortunate thing here is that there is more than one variable to assess here when others report "bugs" and it can make trying to resolve them tricky and when doing an update, it will affect all users even those like myself that don't seem to have any. Not saying there aren't issues though... just that it is not exactly a simple process.
2018-9-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-9 16:57
I'm curious, what issues are you running into?  So far the Air has been pretty solid for me.  Its not perfect, but a pretty good aircraft from my experience.  

Maybe if you are having some specific issues, mentioning them here in this thread will help DJI to understand what issues people are running into and why they should be important to fix.

Thank you for your detailed comment.

I`m very curious when people say that some "gadget" is not perfect.  It seems to me that you have both the Mavic Pro and the Mavic are as well as the Ronin handheld.  Thus I assume that in your opinion the Air is not as good as the Pro.  Seeing that the Air is the first DJI that I own, IMHO it is quite awesome for the price.

The issues that I had was specifically related to response to control inputs.  The Air became more and more sluggish with time and eventually crashed on me.

It is actually sad that this happened just as DJI was ramping up to the finalization of the Mavic 2 and correcting firmware issues with other models was most definitely not a priority.

BTW your comment on "complaints" being brought to a company`s attention ONLY apply if the company has the RIGHT ATTITUDE towards their customers.  If not, people may complain to where-ever and back and nothing will happen.

Thank you again for your comments.
2018-9-9
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

DJKOR Posted at 2018-9-9 18:01
My Air has been pretty solid apart from getting poor range when in CE mode but that is a hardware limitation more than anything. I have only experienced issues when using Android and that I have narrowed down to being the phone rather than firmware that affects the drone itself.

The unfortunate thing here is that there is more than one variable to assess here when others report "bugs" and it can make trying to resolve them tricky and when doing an update, it will affect all users even those like myself that don't seem to have any. Not saying there aren't issues though... just that it is not exactly a simple process.

One thing that you are spot-on is that it is rarely simple to resolve issues, specifically when there are no error messages etc to give the user any indication of what`s wrong or what`s happening.

Thank you for your contribution.
2018-9-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-9 16:57

I've worked in the software industry most of my adult life, and I can say from being on that side of the ball, it can definitely be useful for customers/users to be specific.

On flip of that.  It helps when company works with it's customers.  And company is forthcoming and upfront.

2018-9-9
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-9-1 05:13

DJI will always fix bugs when it is a big issue. But in this case, given that they haven't release an update in quite a while; my conclusion is either they have spent three months on developing a new FW update or they don't think the issue is big enough.

Nuff said.....Again but in another new thread about it.
2018-9-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-9-9 23:28
Thank you for your detailed comment.

I`m very curious when people say that some "gadget" is not perfect.  It seems to me that you have both the Mavic Pro and the Mavic are as well as the Ronin handheld.  Thus I assume that in your opinion the Air is not as good as the Pro.  Seeing that the Air is the first DJI that I own, IMHO it is quite awesome for the price.

I'm not sure why you are inferring that I think any other products are perfect based on my very short comment about the Air.  I currently have the Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro, and Osmo Mobile 2.  None of them are perfect and likely never will be no matter how many firmware updates are released.  

The Mavic 2 Pro is definitely a better aircraft than the Mavic Air.  However, it darn well better be at a cost of nearly twice as much.  However, just because it is better, doesn't mean that it is perfect or anywhere near it.

I definitely agree, in any relationship, there should be a 2-way communication and I have made videos and posts addressing this directly towards DJI about their lack of communication.
However, we have no control over what they do.  We do have control over what we do and if we don't concisely explain the problems we are running into, then it isn't even a 1-way communication, it is a 0-way communication and we can't hope for anything to ever get resolved.

In relation to your comment about your "Air becoming more and more sluggish with time and eventually crashed on me".  I'm not sure I'm clear on what you are saying.  Are you saying within a given flight, the response of it became more and more sluggish within that specific flight and thus caused a crash?  Or are you saying over the course of many different flights, the performance degraded.  

If it is a specific flight, have you opened a ticket with DJI supplying them with the flight records?  Have you posted your log here on this forum for others to take a look at to see if there is anything of any use in the logs?

I'm not trying to be any sort of agitator (I know there are some here that are)....  I'm truly curious and am always trying to be learning from other's experiences and to help others with what I've learned here.

Cheers!
2018-9-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-9 23:47
I've worked in the software industry most of my adult life, and I can say from being on that side of the ball, it can definitely be useful for customers/users to be specific.

On flip of that.  It helps when company works with it's customers.  And company is forthcoming and upfront.

Absolutely.  However, if we don't communicate specific issues in detail, it doesn't help anybody.  It doesn't help DJI understand what are issues are in order to be able to fix them and it doesn't help anybody here reading this thread to learn anything new.  We can't control what DJI does, but we can help each other and we can help DJI to understand specifically what our problems are.  Generically saying "just read these forums" or "watch youtube" and you'll see all the problems, doesn't help anybody.  Providing very specific details is the only productive way from the customer side to try to push things forward.

Cheers!
2018-9-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-10 05:48
Absolutely.  However, if we don't communicate specific issues in detail, it doesn't help anybody.  It doesn't help DJI understand what are issues are in order to be able to fix them and it doesn't help anybody here reading this thread to learn anything new.  We can't control what DJI does, but we can help each other and we can help DJI to understand specifically what our problems are.  Generically saying "just read these forums" or "watch youtube" and you'll see all the problems, doesn't help anybody.  Providing very specific details is the only productive way from the customer side to try to push things forward.

Cheers!

Providing very specific details is the only productive way from the customer side to try to push things forward.

Nearly impossible to give specific details, when DJI is not helping or enabling us to do so!
Examples:

1) DJI FlightLog files are encrypted.  Yes, there are some tools out there than can decrypt files.  But those are reversed engineered, instead of provided by DJI.  Leaving us to guess what some of data fields imply or mean.
2) There are other Log files and Blackbox data that are also encrypted.  Leaving us in the dark.
3) DJI's Assistant-2 is needed for accessing and uploading DJI FlightLog files and BlackBox data to DJI.  Yet, DJI's Assistant-2 is very difficult for Windows users to install.  All because DJI does not provide Signed drivers.  And DJI's Assistant-2 for OS-X is broken and will not access FlightLog files or BlackBox data.  
4) DJI will not provide us access to their FlightLog and Blackbox analysis tools!  Which could be done via Online Webpage.
5) Communications with DJI is one-way, under-construction street.  Leading to us taking stabs at what is needed.
6) When providing DJI with as specific details as possible, DJI support sometimes asks for what has already been provided.   
7) When DJI does respond it is often with questions that do not even go with problem at hand.
8) Like others, I have experienced problems where only piece of information we can provide is screen snapshot of GO-4, because there is nothing logged in FlightLog files.
9) Absolutely does not help us provide specific details when DJI support responds with Rubber-stamped: Have you tried this ____________.  Further does not help when DJI knows a few things cause problems, but does not FIX the cuases.  Like needing to reformat microSD card.  Or having to Update same Firmware twice (Update & Refresh).

2018-9-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-10 06:22
Providing very specific details is the only productive way from the customer side to try to push things forward.

Nearly impossible to give specific details, when DJI is not helping or enabling us to do so!

I'm sorry, you are right.  It is much better to just scream "FIX IT!" without actually providing any details at all.  That is definitely going to help get an issue resolved.

I do like that you've provided specific examples of how DJI can help us to help them.  That is productive and exactly what I'm saying we all need to do.  I'm not sure if they will actually listen, but like I said, if we don't communicate specifics, how will they ever know what we would like?

Again, we can't control what they do, but we can definitely control what we do.   

I think the items you've mentioned here are very productive items.  However, let's keep in mind that it is just a forum.   Although there are DJI staff admistrating this forum, the official way of submitting problems and suggestions is via opening a ticket with their support staff.  If you haven't done so, I'd highly recommend you open a ticket with them providing the feedback you listed here.
2018-9-10
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-10 05:45
I'm not sure why you are inferring that I think any other products are perfect based on my very short comment about the Air.  I currently have the Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Pro, and Osmo Mobile 2.  None of them are perfect and likely never will be no matter how many firmware updates are released.  

The Mavic 2 Pro is definitely a better aircraft than the Mavic Air.  However, it darn well better be at a cost of nearly twice as much.  However, just because it is better, doesn't mean that it is perfect or anywhere near it.

Dear Mr KlooGee,

Sir I`m happy to say that I completely misunderstood my intention. If you got the idea that that is what I was trying to achieve, I humbly apologize.

I was just curious as to how one can make a statement like "xxx is not perfect" etc.

Please accept my apology.
2018-9-10
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-10 06:22
Providing very specific details is the only productive way from the customer side to try to push things forward.

Captain HedgeTrimmer,

I fully agree with your whole message.  Will it not be a shock to DJI when they become a 2nd BlackBerry?  Thinking that they`re "on-top" to just find out that they are "down-under". Just look at how suddenly and quickly potential customers became "shy" and steered very widely around BlackBerry.
2018-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-10 05:48
Absolutely.  However, if we don't communicate specific issues in detail, it doesn't help anybody.  It doesn't help DJI understand what are issues are in order to be able to fix them and it doesn't help anybody here reading this thread to learn anything new.  We can't control what DJI does, but we can help each other and we can help DJI to understand specifically what our problems are.  Generically saying "just read these forums" or "watch youtube" and you'll see all the problems, doesn't help anybody.  Providing very specific details is the only productive way from the customer side to try to push things forward.

Cheers!

I fully agree, it’s not a problem to sync flight logs, also downloading .dat file from aircraft into Dropbox from both of these logs dji can see where things are going wrong, they will also give feedback through PM from moderators .
If these options are taken by users they can both help dji in figuring out if issues are isolated to individual aircraft or common to many or some aircraft.
Many times on this forum , we get a user describing a problem , another user believes he has similar symptoms and another user will feel his problems must be coming from the same source, so the problem grows , if two users say it’s a FW problem, one says it’s SW, then the next user with problems will join the biggest group, so we end up with no firm proof what exactly the problem is, users may think they have similar problems , while no one truly knows.
I don’t believe we need to be able to diagnose exactly what the problems are, or that dji are going to give us diagnostic tools to be able to pinpoint exactly what is wrong. I also believe most don’t want any more headaches with more tech overload, and the few who would use them would just be another source of confusion.
But because there is the option to forward logs and have dji diagnose them, giving them the correct information as to if it’s a isolated incident or a common issue, it will also give you the answer if your problem needs to be sent in for repair or if a simple fix will sort it out for you.
We then end up with the chef cooking the soup, not to many chefs spoiling the soup.
2018-9-10
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bet any work was delayed while teams worked on the Mavic Pro 2. Now thats its out I'm hoping the Air gets a little more love. I haven't had any issues or disconnects like other people have had so I can't make any recommendations for bugs that need fix. I would like to see waypoints and hyperlapse added, as well as course/home lock.
2018-9-10
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

DJI too busy with their flagship drones..
2018-9-10
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Netherlands

They don't care one bit, having left their Mavic Air buggy since May just to work on the next-best-thing-to-sell. I surely won't be upgrading to another DJI drone in the short term, and definitely not a Mavic.
2018-9-10
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 2018-9-10 07:16
Dear Mr KlooGee,

Sir I`m happy to say that I completely misunderstood my intention. If you got the idea that that is what I was trying to achieve, I humbly apologize.

No need to apologize.  What I'm trying to get to is this....

What specific problems are you running into?  You mention it is buggy and want it fixed, but I'm curious as to the specific problems you are running into that you are wanting DJI to fix.  

Like I said, the Mavic Air has been pretty good for me.  For myself, I don't think I've run into any issues that are really firmware based, but rather just design considerations based on its price point and size.
2018-9-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules