Mavic Pro 2 features missing v Mavic 1
3421 20 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I've got an updated list of features the Mavic 1 has but the current 1.00 firmware Mavic 2 hasn't got.

Im just trying to make a list of things that were on the Mavic 1 but seem to be missing (so far) on the initial Mavic 2 release.

So far i think its:-

• No portrait mode.   This is permanent and cant be fixed due to hardware limitations so workarounds needed
  • No precision Landing - I guess a firmware update to add this as all the sensors and more are there.  Although, im not sure if it does it "by default" now or not
  • No D-Cinelike/Colour profiles  -  I guess a firmware update could add these
  • No Cinema 4k - Maybe firmware fix?
  • No fixed wing mode - Not a big issue for most i don't think
  • Loads of intelligent modes missing:-Any Gesture Mode, Course Lock, Terrain Following, Home Lock, Follow Me
  • No Waypoints
  • No direct control from mobile device
  • No customisable battery discharge profile.  Its fixed on 10 days and cant be changed

Other things, we really need the engineers to release a LUT.  Only they know the gamma profile and other details to actually produce one.  No 3rd party has access to those details.

Anything else the old drone has but the new doesn't? To be fair, most of it looks firmware fixable.

If anyone has any other features missing add them here and i'll edit the original post and update.  Try to keep it to things we used to have but now don't as opposed to a wishlist.

Updated 1/9/2018

2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_xfY1iW6g5RqC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23734 ft
Iran

I'm just looking forward to see when all these issues are fixed then will purchase the pro2.. hopefully soon..
2018-9-1
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

waypoints.
2018-9-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hoping the upcoming firmware will bring these back plus more.
2018-9-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Added to the list.
2018-9-1
Use props
fans799afcf3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

No 2x digital zoom on the 5D button for Mavic 2 Pro. We can also do the zoom in Mavic pro with two fingers much like we zoom in on phone screen, but it’s all missing for Mavic 2 Pro
2018-9-1
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh no, don’t put a dampener on my interest! I’m umming and r’ing about buying on but love my MP1.
2018-9-1
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft

Waypoints 2.0 was advertised as coming soon.

2 bottom ultrasonic sensors were replaced with 1 infrared sensor + 2LED, bottom range sensing reduced from 30m to 22m.
1 compass removed, 2IMU 1 compass remain.
Removed CrystalSky mounting bracket support from controller (MavicAir never received a compatible bracket). No CrystalSky support at launch, DJI mods 'work in progress'.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I completely understand your opinion right now, sir. For some missing features, we already forwarded those to our engineers and check if these will be possible to add in the future. Waypoints will be added soon. We don't have just the exact date yet. D-Cinelike is only available for Mavic 2 Zoom.
2018-9-3
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe DJI had a poll about direct smartphone control or wi-fi a while back and most people don’t use it so I think they permanently eliminated it....
2018-9-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Yeah i don't use it but its "missing" so added to the list.  I really don't care if that feature doesn't appear!

To be honest, the intelligent flight modes (course lock in particular) and precision landing are the only features im going to miss.
2018-9-3
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Fixing the lens distortion should be a high priority. If I wanted a gopro, I would have bought a gopro.
2018-9-4
Use props
Alessio Pellegrini
New

Italy

Are 360 degree panoramic photos supported?
2018-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

yes.......
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-4 04:31
So no D-Cinelike on the Mavic 2 Pro? That's very disappointing.

It is only available for Mavic 2 Zoom for now.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-4 05:28
Thanks for getting back to me. Could you please forward a request to the correct people to add some modes like D-Cinelike to the M2Pro? And judging from the above post, there are no plans to fix the barrel distortion in D-Log and HLG?

We will, Tommy. Thank you. For Barrel distortion for D - Log and HLG, we are currently checking for the solution. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-4 05:46
Thanks Wanda. Much appreciated.

You're welcome, Tommy. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-9-4
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
United States

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-4 04:35
That's not happening anytime soon. In their infinite wisdom, they think this should be fixed in post anyway. See attachment. [view_image]

Disappointing. Well live and learn. It's what I get for rushing into buying one without getting all of the facts on the missing features.
2018-9-6
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Avi8tor0 Posted at 2018-9-6 03:17
Disappointing. Well live and learn. It's what I get for rushing into buying one without getting all of the facts on the missing features.

Genuine question - why is that a problem?
It only appears in a video mode that MUST be post processed and the correction is 3 seconds of dropping a profile onto the timeline.
2018-9-6
Use props
pauschpage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3595830 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Missing portrait mode is a big bummer, since vertical Video and photography (especially for Instagram) is getting more and more.
As i see, the camera goes nearly vertical when turning on the Mavic 2 pro - but tilted down.
For sure this cant be fixed by software.

For vertical photos i know the panorama mode, thats a workaround - but some extra work if you wanna work with DNG's only.
A shortcut to get to the panorama photo feature would be nice.
2018-9-6
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

I don't have MP2 yet, but what is blocking me to buy one is the lack of home lock feature, I'm always using it with my MP...
Do you think that DJI will implement this in future firmware upgrade?
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules