DJI GO for Android FPS settings please!
7788 13 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomiS
New
Finland

I can see that I'm not the only one who need's more control for the video settings... I got DJI Osmo Mobile 2 and Samsung Galaxy S9 plus, this combo is nice and I like Osmo's features. Don't get me wrong but it's almost year 2019 and DJI GO app before P4 (nice naming policy for the apps, lol) is missing very importat features.

I know that I can work with Samsung native camera app, but that's not solution for me. Please add option for changing FPS for the videos... And what about support for slow-mo videos?

This is the reason I'm planning to get zhiyun smooth 4 over this...

Any schedule for this kind modifications to the app? Please wake up
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. The shooting capabilities of the Osmo Mobile 2 depend on what type of mobile phone system you use. Consequently, Android users may not be able to use the fully-optimized functions of the Osmo Mobile 2. DJI is working with Android phone manufacturers to provide a better user experience to all Android users. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
2018-9-2
Use props
TomiS
New
Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 05:43
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. The shooting capabilities of the Osmo Mobile 2 depend on what type of mobile phone system you use. Consequently, Android users may not be able to use the fully-optimized functions of the Osmo Mobile 2. DJI is working with Android phone manufacturers to provide a better user experience to all Android users. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

New phone models are coming quite often. Samsung Galaxy S9 plus was released hmm... was it March 2018.  New features etc. should be done more often and right after new phone model has released, if you wan't to keep customers happy. Samsung Galaxy S series is very popular and there's a lot of potential customers ;)
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TomiS Posted at 2018-9-3 21:04
New phone models are coming quite often. Samsung Galaxy S9 plus was released hmm... was it March 2018.  New features etc. should be done more often and right after new phone model has released, if you wan't to keep customers happy. Samsung Galaxy S series is very popular and there's a lot of potential customers ;)

I completely understand your point, sir. We would like to improve not only our service but also our products and we deeply appreciate you giving us a feedback. Don't worry, our engineers are trying their best to provide satisfaction to all of our customers. Your patience will be much appreciated. Thank you.
2018-9-4
Use props
djiuser_9ecpbcTy4u4M
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I am in the same shoes as TomiS
4K video-shots @ 30 fps / super steady shots / various-lapses / large batt bank ... were once very popular among mobile-video guys, ~1 year ago
But now, with much larger phone main-storage (e.g. my new 512Gb Note9), and better zhiyun gimbals; demand for better gimbal experiences would only be higher.

Any blueprints for when is Osmo mobile getting there, either via software upgrade or product revamp?
I mean OM+DJI app
a) 60fps or more in 4K for android phone
b) slo-mo shots for android phone
c) peripheral (e.g. mic) and power-charge-mount-while-shooting

2018-9-7
Use props
fmadika77
New
Indonesia

Agree. DJI should provide FPS setting for Android phone.
2018-9-11
Use props
djiuser_eg4so6RnIPws
New

Indonesia

I just bought dji osmo mobile 2 and connect with my Moto z3 play, I check no resolution with 60fps. Why? N when your apps support or open 60fps for this model phone moto z3play?
2018-11-30
Use props
Peter Helft
New

Australia

I've just bought the Osmo 2 and regretting it already. DJI have known about the android lack of service for years and are clearly do nothing about it. Very poor. I guess should have researched further. I find it amazing that Android has 85% market share but all the features go in iPhone.  Will there be an update to the app soon or not? I also have Samsung S9
2018-12-4
Use props
div.dji
lvl.1
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello,

I've just bought OSMO Mobile 2 and I cannot believe that this post is so old and application is still missing 4k 60fps option....

Im using iPhoneXs and asking myself what could be so complicated to allow 60fps while iPhoneX natively has it, I will exclude by far option that it requires aditional programming and there are build complications and ask what restriction is crossing path toward enabling it?

Thank you,

Best regads,
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_Q93CCH7FLk7v
New

Denmark

I've just bought the Osmo 2, and I already got the Mavic pro. BUT I JUST FIGURED That there's no 60 fps in the dji go app..... What the hell.

I hope you will fix this asap! I got the P30 pro - my main can can do this. I see the iPhone work with 60 fps on the Osmo!!! Please dji come on
2019-8-8
Use props
Jackyboy17
lvl.1

Has any solution to this been found? I have tried both the Samsung 9+ and Huawei P30 pro and I cant change the frame rate from 30fps in 720p, 1080p or 4k. Any solution please?
2019-9-6
Use props
djiuser_txCMgh2C8Xcq
New

France

Same issue for me in 2020...
On Huawei P10 Plus, 1080p 60fps is available on the standard photo App of the phone and impossible to find the same setting on the DJI Go app...

Please DJI...
2020-5-9
Use props
SharpByCoop
New

United States

2020, almost two years later, and no changes since OP posted. I have the Samsung S10 Plus. Best camera in the World. But.....

Same disappointments here: Only three video settings in DJI Go app (ver 3.1.59) and NONE of them have above 30fps.

My son's iPhone 11 works perfectly with 60fps frame rate through his DJI app.

No love for Samsung....

I want to use the features we PAID for and we need to have an iPhone?
2020-5-18
Use props
TrishH
lvl.1
Belgium

SharpByCoop Posted at 5-18 17:19
2020, almost two years later, and no changes since OP posted. I have the Samsung S10 Plus. Best camera in the World. But.....

Same disappointments here: Only three video settings in DJI Go app (ver 3.1.59) and NONE of them have above 30fps.

In the same boat. Almost. I have the S9 Plus. I bought the mobile 2 thinking I COULD shoot slowmo or control some of my fps ratings with my android. Used FILMIC Pro to do it now. But then I often run into connectivity issues. Frankly, I was blue-eyed believing dji would make these options available for android by now. Instead, they focused on bringing out mobile 3. By now I feel duped.  Extremely disappointed.
2020-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules