15346 26 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI announces end of life of Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. Perhaps you should buy battery and accessories now.
2018-9-1
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I wonder if they are also going to offer discounts on MP and MPP
2018-9-1
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Haha!!!

DJI still sell Phantom 3 batteries: https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... gent-flight-battery
2018-9-1
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most of the Phantom 3 models have been discontinued a year+ ago and DJI still has plenty of accessories in stock. So, I don't think there is going to be a shortage of Mavic Pro accessories any time soon.
2018-9-1
Use props
steve1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

But for what reasons I just got the pro platinum replaced because of gimbal overload .they did not repair it they replaced the whole body not the same SN
2018-9-1
Use props
steve1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

THEY  just  replaced my  mavic platinum pro I made it in the 6month warranty window gimbal overload error, can I do a refresh warranty with a replacement  it has a  different SN. number
2018-9-1
Use props
Roberson Ricardo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3611440 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I imagine that mavic 2 also lives only 2 years.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. We haven't announced any information about the end of Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. It's not true unless it's stated on our website. So please don't worry. I suggest you check our website for more updates. Thank you and have a nice day.
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

The imaged document that started this may or may not be real.  DJI says it is not real.  Hoping a few DJI dealers can weigh in on fact or fiction.
2018-9-1
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-1 09:47
The imaged document that started this may or may not be real.  DJI says it is not real.  Hoping a few DJI dealers can weigh in on fact or fiction.

I've heard that as well. It's like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen a DJI mod say that it isn't true. I imagine there will be parts/service around for the MP for years to come (if DJI is smart). Forcing people off a 2 year old product wouldn't be a smart move.
2018-9-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-1 09:39
Hi. We haven't announced any information about the end of Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. It's not true unless it's stated on our website. So please don't worry. I suggest you check our website for more updates. Thank you and have a nice day.

THANK you, kind Natalia!  This rumor crapola gets tiresome.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-1 11:17
THANK you, kind Natalia!  This rumor crapola gets tiresome.

You're most welcome, WebParrot.
2018-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have heard this rumor popping up a couple of times now....
2018-9-1
Use props
Sako_P4P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509816 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like this person is trolling. He/she comment the same thing about phantoms series on Phantom forum as well. I think he/she should be banned.
2018-9-1
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Trolling or not. This news come from dronedj website.

https://dronedj.com/2018/08/31/end-of-life-mavic-pro-platinum-phantom-3-4-osmo-dji/
2018-9-1
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
  • >>>
Thailand

Here is part of the news
“In a memo (dated August 30th) to retailers, DJI announces the End of Life for the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+, Phantom 3 SE, Osmo, Osmo+, Osmo Mobile, Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. Even though this version of the memo is in Chinese, we have been able to confirm the existence of the document with retailers here in the U.S.”
2018-9-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2018-9-1 14:18
Here is part of the news
“In a memo (dated August 30th) to retailers, DJI announces the End of Life for the Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+, Phantom 3 SE, Osmo, Osmo+, Osmo Mobile, Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. Even though this version of the memo is in Chinese, we have been able to confirm the existence of the document with retailers here in the U.S.”

Assuming for sake of discussion the Memo is Fact.

Does EOL (End of Life) have same meaning or connotation in China / Chinese business culture as EOL does in US or American business culture?

For example: EOL in China may only imply end of production and end of sales (which is EOS).  Whereas EOL in US usually means, product owners will soon be SOL when it comes to $upport, $ervice, repair$, and part$.
2018-9-1
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Terminating a product when it's only been out a year will be a bad move in engendering any customer loyalty. One happy Mavic Pro Platinum owner - still quieter and smaller than the M2P.
2018-9-2
Use props
WeiSPRoDuCTioNS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81706 ft
Spain

Roberson Ricardo Posted at 2018-9-1 08:46
I imagine that mavic 2 also lives only 2 years.

That is correct
That is why I will wait for the 3
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_ZRYtNSaBxuL3
lvl.3

Indonesia

Stop buy dji
2018-9-17
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2018-9-1 14:16
Trolling or not. This news come from dronedj website.

https://dronedj.com/2018/08/31/end-of-life-mavic-pro-platinum-phantom-3-4-osmo-dji/

dronedj.com is not DJI.

DroneDJ is a news and blog website that will bring you our spin on all the latest developments, news and reviews of the drone industry.

try DJI.com this it the true DJI Site.
2018-9-17
Use props
fans7b2037d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 312723 ft
United States

WTF I hate this and is enough not to buy another one
2018-9-22
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-1 09:39
Hi. We haven't announced any information about the end of Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum. It's not true unless it's stated on our website. So please don't worry. I suggest you check our website for more updates. Thank you and have a nice day.

I would think seeing this in writing from DJI Natalia, that she would be in the know.  Dronedj.com and DJI.com are two separate companies.  I only buy from DJI.  Thanks for the update DJI Natalia!
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lonesome Crow Posted at 2018-9-22 05:38
I would think seeing this in writing from DJI Natalia, that she would be in the know.  Dronedj.com and DJI.com are two separate companies.  I only buy from DJI.  Thanks for the update DJI Natalia!

No worries. If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help
2018-9-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-22 09:57
No worries. If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help

Thank you for your reply, we are grateful DJI provides helpful company updates especially on matters such as the End of Life topic for the Mavic Pro.

In my situation, I purchased the Mavic Pro in March 2018. Out of the box there have been issues with my Mavic Pro that DJI confirmed my Mavic needs to be sent in for servicing (this was prior to Mavic activation).

Being I temporarily corrected the connectivity issue with my Mavic Pro, the Remote Controller and drone have never been in correct unison. My drone has 6 months left on its Warranty and I'm committed to sending DJI my drone for servicing. I don't know what the result with yield? Many are saying DJI swaps out their drone for a replacement?

It seems that if the Mavic Pro is indeed in its END OF LIFE, then that means DJI is no longer producing the Mavic Pro? If many of us are still well within our Warranty (not to mention I purchased DJI Care Refresh for my Mavic Pro that I intend to purchase the additional 1 year tail coverage), what happens when time comes for new Mavic Pro owners who need their unit swapped out for a replacement but no Mavic Pro's are available?

If the Mavic Pro becomes unavailable with no more drones, does this mean DJI will offer the new Mavic 2 to original Mavic Pro owners who are still within their 1 year Warranty, or those who have a valid incident pursuant to the DJI Care Refresh terms and conditions?
2018-9-22
Use props
sws2810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418714 ft
United States

Someone toldme they purchased their DJI Mavic Pro from a Best Buy Store in early 2019 brand new, and says it is a 2018/2019 model? Can this be true? Wanting to buy it online. Thanks for any info you can supply about the production run of the DJI Mavic Pro.
2020-8-30
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

I doubt it!
2020-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules