A defective new Mavic pro 2 camera gimble
917 4 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansff8acc21
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I have purchased the new Mavic 2 directly from DJI and received it yesterday.

I have a lot of experience with operating and flying drones, especially Dji drones.

I have owned Dji drones since your first product was out.

The new drone Mavic pro 2 looks and feels amazing. However, after I studied it thoroughly and saw all the tutorials,

I have tried to operate the new drone, but before I could even lift it off the ground I came across a severe problem with the camera gimble that prevents me to use it.

It looks like the built in camera gimble is defective. It doesn’t preform as it should be.

It is moving quickly, brutally all over up and down very quick, hits the body of the drone non stop and uncontrolled. When I turn the camera off, it stops facing half down.

From time to time the shaking to all directions stops and the camera starts to tremble up and down very fast.

I can’t control the camera with the tilt gimble button of the controller, neither using the app.

As long as the aggressive movement of the camera continues and the app is on, it operates on visual and you can see through the lens the aggressive movement view.

Important: I am not referring to the normal set up synchronizing of the camera. I am talking about a defect in the camera gimble.  

The problem occurs when the drone is synchronized with the controller or when the drone operates without the controller, with or without connecting to the app.

I have tried to replace the connector cable between the phone and the controller.

I tried to use the micro USB port on the left side of the controller and the USB port at the bottom of the controller.

I replaced 3 fully charged butteries.

I linked and unlinked the drone from the controller as specifies in the operation instructions

I am a professional commercial drone pilot and I need an immediate urgent solution

because I have a specific project I purchased this drone for I need  it immediately.
I bought the drone during the NYC launch after waiting for the launch a long time, and I’m highly disappointed.

Drone # 163DF8L
                 0016URO

Your immediate response is requires.

2018-9-1
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Sounds like a bad gimbal and DJI service would be the next step.
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. We are really sorry about that. Please contact our support team to start a ticket for replacement. You may start up a case online: https://repair.dji.com. You can also contact our support team by dialing +1 (818) 235 0789 for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-9-1
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did you update the firmware on the M2P? The gimbals excessive movement where corrected in the new FW.
2018-9-1
Use props
Uri-USA
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-9-1 10:19
Sounds like a bad gimbal and DJI service would be the next step.

Yes, that's how it looks like.

I have Emailed them and wait to see what their respond will be and how fast.
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules