10242 58 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
straylight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179203 ft
  • >>>

Hi All,

I'm trying to get smooth mode (720p60) working on the Goggles RE when linked to a Mavic 2 Pro.

I can see the option in menu for it but it is grayed out.

Is there something else that needs to be configured first?

Thanks!
2018-9-1
Use props
Jerrad Miller
New

United States

looking for help with the exact same thing, so awaiting a reply!
2018-9-1
Use props
mark peters
New

Bulgaria

Same here with the Mavic 2 zoom, no way to select smooth.
2018-9-2
Use props
Mike Frey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4661821 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same problem, looking for an answer. I did some range testing with the available modes and the HD seems to be limited to approximately 250 meters before the screen goes grey and freezes the display. Thankfully the 'Home' button works flawlessly...
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, we will forward this to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.
2018-9-4
Use props
Sho'Nuff
lvl.2

Any update on this?
2018-9-8
Use props
Markgray52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1412028 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well looks like we are all suffering something with these RE goggles. Wish I had kept my white ones! From from I can gather the 5.8ghz is only for the add on module which does not apply to the Mavic 2. I think we have been misled and sold a pup!
2018-9-8
Use props
fans1c8cab6a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66 ft
Spain

A support ticket I just posted to DJI:

<<< QUOTE >>>

Re: order number XXXXXXXXX (delivered 4-Sep-2018)

Hello,

I bought Mavic 2 Pro + Goggles RE combo. All firmwares updated, I have the following major problems with the Goggles:

1) The video resolution on my Mavic always change from 4k to 1080p when I turn on the Goggles. It is very annoying and impossible to change back from within the Goggles (DLOG color is not available).

2) Latency is awful (compared to Oculus Rift), the unit is unfit for racing and dangerous/nauseating for FPV flight. 720p/60fps mode is not available despite being advertised.

3) Except the haircross that often disappears, no indication where the gimbal is pointing in head tracking mode.

4) Only two intelligent modes (Tap and Follow) are in the Shortcuts menu and even they DON'T WORK (nothing happens when I choose them). The manual is very brief and vague about that. I need access to all intelligent modes of Mavic 2 to make use of these Goggles. I also need exposure chart and/or zebra lines inside the Goggles.

5) Flying beyond 300m causes telemetry loss and/or other bugs: I could not return from head tracking mode to full screen, start/stop video recording, navigate any menu without turning the unit off and on again (resets the video resolution and is not safe).

All in all, the product is not functioning as advertised and I would like to return it. Unless you can guarantee that all these bugs will be fixed in the next firmware release and agree to extend my 15 days return window is they are not.

PS. The DHL delivered the unit in a damaged box (one corner was pushed in and repaired with DHL tape), so my return will be in that box as well.

<<< UNQUOTE >>>

Let's all request these bug fixes in the next firmware update!
2018-9-10
Use props
fans1d89bb71
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here. Hoping we can get this fixed soon... nice having the googles working now, but the lag is making them a lot less useful!
2018-9-11
Use props
straylight
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-4 09:30
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, we will forward this to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

As @DJINatalia and the response to my support ticket have indicated, they are aware and are looking in to it.
@Markgray52
It very explicitly is supposed to support 5.8Ghz, so we'll see what R&D comes back with. I hope for all our sakes you are wrong.

@fans1d89bb71
I don't think that having smooth mode is going to decrease *latency*, only *frame rate*. At most we could see 16ms faster because of the decreased time between frames, but even then I suspect the *transmission delay* will remain constant. At the beginning of each frame the light will be hitting our eyeballs with about the same delay from when the light hit the sensor as it would with 30fps.

@fans1c8cab6a
This is not an occulus rift, nor an analog fpv system, adjust your expectations.

@Mike Frey
Are you sure you have the antenna attached?
I think that my be causing your range issues.
I'm seeing excellent range.
2018-9-11
Use props
WeFlyHighNoLie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I'm also having a range issue with my goggles. When I talked to DJI support they informed me (4 weeks ago) that I was the only person with this issue. I now kinda wish it was just me because just swapping out the unit would have probably been a quick fix. I'm hoping this something that a firmware update will fix because I'm not exactly happy about getting a half-baked product without knowing. Now that we are offical DJI Beta testers I hope they send me the LUT for D

My current issues:
  • OcuSync Range with Mavic 2 Pro. Can't go beyond ~1200ft without losing video on both my phone and the goggles. RC Tx screen resets multiple times until the goggles are turned off.
  • Analog Range with LHCP or RHCP antennas regardless of Tx output power (tested 50mW - 1200mW)

2018-9-17
Use props
fans0b05dd6d
lvl.2
United States

yea, dji told me that smooth mode does not work with the Mavic 2 pro. I asked them, then why do you sell it as package deal with something if it won't work with it. Never got an answer
2018-10-2
Use props
fans0b05dd6d
lvl.2
United States

yea, dji told me that smooth mode does not work with the Mavic 2 pro. I asked them, then why do you sell it as package deal with something if it won't work with it. Never got an answer
2018-10-2
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

WeFlyHighNoLie Posted at 2018-9-17 11:27
I'm also having a range issue with my goggles. When I talked to DJI support they informed me (4 weeks ago) that I was the only person with this issue. I now kinda wish it was just me because just swapping out the unit would have probably been a quick fix. I'm hoping this something that a firmware update will fix because I'm not exactly happy about getting a half-baked product without knowing. Now that we are offical DJI Beta testers I hope they send me the LUT for D

My current issues:

I hadn't put two and two together.  I've had no issues with video transmission, expect when the goggles RE are turned on and connected.

Lets hope that DJI fix this soon.
2018-10-3
Use props
Istrian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2051860 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Well, if I paid 500 euros for something, I expect that it works as advertised. Disconnecting after 300 meters it's not acceptable. And I have same issue here. When I have goggles RE connected to M2P, I can not fly more than 250-300 meters without disconnecting. It's frustrating and useless to fly like that.
2018-10-17
Use props
TANK78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94587 ft
Germany

fans1c8cab6a Posted at 9-10 10:27

>

I have the same prob.
Have you get any answer?
2018-11-2
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-4 09:30

Hi Natalia, I’ve noticed that you haven’t responded to this thread since 4th September. Can you please give us an update on the progress of the M2 and Goggles. Many thanks
2018-11-14
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

DJI Natalia any news on those issues?
2018-11-18
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
Puerto Rico

Damn! I purchase this item and arrived yesterday and now found this issue!  fix it!!!!
2018-11-22
Use props
fans8dfd465f
New
Chile

I have the same problems. I have the M2P and can’t enter the smooth mode in the goggles (I have the white goggles). Also expierenced range problems, when I use the goggles with the M2P the fantastic ocusync 2 disappears and I get back to the range nightmare that was the Mavic Air ..... please DJI, firmware update soon !!!!
2018-11-26
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue, I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P

I already tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE with no success.

I am wide open to trying any ideas that anyone has here on how to hard wire the two together…

Thanks
2018-11-30
Use props
straylight
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Are you guys forgetting to screw in the external antenna?

Have you tried different antennas?
2018-11-30
Use props
ZmunkZZ
New
Flight distance : 68107 ft
United States

Same issue here with smooth mode / Mavic 2 Zoom. Would love an update, or I suppose I'll return these.

@straylight, According to the user manual (p7), the external antennas are only for third-party racing drones. It says, "Skip this section if you plan on using the goggles with a dedicated DJI drone."
2018-12-1
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

ZmunkZZ Posted at 12-1 12:40
Same issue here with smooth mode / Mavic 2 Zoom. Would love an update, or I suppose I'll return these.

@straylight, According to the user manual (p7), the external antennas are only for third-party racing drones. It says, "Skip this section if you plan on using the goggles with a dedicated DJI drone."

My guess is they are working on a solution but may reach a dead end and have to do a recall.
2018-12-3
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Brazil

bobsma Posted at 12-3 05:46
My guess is they are working on a solution but may reach a dead end and have to do a recall.

that would be sad...
2018-12-4
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Brazil

D

2018-12-12
Use props
ErikSwan
lvl.1
United States

Any update on this?
2018-12-26
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Brazil

@DJI Susan can you check this?
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

DJI,
Why are you ignoring the multitudes of people reporting the same issue with the GOGGLES RE (connected to Mavic2) SHORT RANGE/LOSS OF SIGNAL (approx 200-300m) BUT ONLY WHEN THE GOGGLES ARE CONNECTED...

C'mon... Its been months now without any updates nor even a mention of working on it.

Your unfairly using us as beta testers but at a premium price, and to top that your customer service is horrible. BUT YOU SURE HAVE TIME TO  RELEASE MORE PRODUCTS (M2 Enterprise, Enterprise Dual, M2 Screen integrated RC)

Im already going to need ALOT OF CONVINCING BEFORE I EVER BUY DJI AGAIN, But if we dont see a solution soon, Ill be giving my brother the go ahead on a story he's been looking into for me about your false advertising practices.
He just so happens to be a jornalist for a rather large publication in NewYork.

Think it thru... I dont want to cause trouble, but we all paid for a product capable of 8km range (yes, in ideal conditions but 250m is a 32nd of that range)
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_Q4Hc6DWhAHwO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20843 ft
Australia

straylight Posted at 2018-11-30 13:20
Are you guys forgetting to screw in the external antenna?

Have you tried different antennas?

straylight . . . I for one would be VERY surprised, if, as you claim, you have no range issues with this Mavic 2 & Goggles RE combo.  EVERYONE I know of , even on here, is having the same issue, except you.  Very strange . . . I think you need to send your combo in for DJI to inspect & figure out what is sooo right with yours & wrong with everyone elses . . .
2019-1-13
Use props
Pan Paweł
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1561617 ft
Poland

I wonder why natalia or anybody else from Dji is not answering?????
2019-1-16
Use props
Andrew EF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3151388 ft
  • >>>
Canada

We are still waiting for the firmware update that fixes at least the range issue, DJI.  You’re perturbing a lot of good customers!
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_77Lv9EgEOT3U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297897 ft
Netherlands

fans1c8cab6a Posted at 2018-9-10 10:27

>

Same issue here. Hope for uodate very soon!
2019-1-26
Use props
djiuser_77Lv9EgEOT3U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 297897 ft
Netherlands

Same issue and only 2 flight modes....
2019-1-26
Use props
fansad05ef98
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issues on my white goggles and mavic pro 2. Its be nice to know if its at least being worked on.
2019-2-12
Use props
Bryce - Antwerp
lvl.1
United States

Add my name to this. I bought this as a bundle because it said it could do this. Any news? Unfortunately, I've had these for a while and haven't been able to try until now.
2019-3-10
Use props
b2rdetor
lvl.1
Russia

here my twitt to DJI support:
Why do you ignore the fact that Dji goggles do not work with mavic2. Flight range less than 300m, not supported 720p60 and intellectual modes.

and DJI support answer:
Hi there, we never ignore this issue. Could you please check if the 5.8G antenna on the Goggles RE is mounted correctly. If yes, please check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands. 1/2
If there is no luck, please send the Goggles RE back for further evaluation, our repair center will help you out. 2/2
2019-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, when using Goggles RE with the Mavic 2, if the image transmission distance is short, please check if you correctly mounted the 5.8G antenna on the Goggles RE. And then check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands. If there is no luck, please send the Goggles RE back to have the core board replaced.
For the 720P, 60fps, we will double verify with our engineers and keep you updated as soon as possible, thank you.
2019-3-17
Use props
fansad05ef98
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 02:33
Hi all, when using Goggles RE with the Mavic 2, if the image transmission distance is short, please check if you correctly mounted the 5.8G antenna on the Goggles RE. And then check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands. If there is no luck, please send the Goggles RE back to have the core board replaced.
For the 720P, 60fps, we will double verify with our engineers and keep you updated as soon as possible, thank you.

I got the normal white goggle and i have the same range issue with my mavic pro 2. Also cant select smooth mode either. Please keep us updated if there is a fix
2019-3-21
Use props
Airborne Steve
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3831942 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I too have the same issue with my white DJI Goggles with no Smooth Mode with M2Pro. This is not good enough.
2019-5-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules