Mavic 2P + Goggles RE: Smooth Mode?
10226 58 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NIPSEN
New
France

I have the same issue with my white DJI Goggles with no Smooth Mode with M2 Zoom.
2019-5-31
Use props
Spirytus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126864 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same issue no smooth mode (grayed out) on my RE Goggles + Mavic 2 Zoom. Also have severe video latency on my tablet/go4 app (Nvidia Shield).

The goggles (and App) work great with the Phantom 4 Pro V2 (ocusync 2); all video modes, all transmission bands, no range problems (with the 5.8Ghz antenna screwed on).

I'll try my iPhone tomorrow and will reset/reload firmware on my RE Goggles.
2019-6-11
Use props
p4ever
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681975 ft
Greece

same issue with white DJI Goggles & m2p no smooth mode
2019-7-3
Use props
Jose C. Borrero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1170768 ft
Puerto Rico

Any update?
2019-8-31
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Any news regarding this?
2019-8-31
Use props
Henpax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 560285 ft
Italy

Hello, same problems with me. I purchased Goggles RE for my M2Z few days ago, after trying different solutions (latest firmware installed, antenna on or off, iPad or android phone running latest DJI GO 4 app connected to the remote, remote only with no devices connected at all..), I ALWAYS suffer lack of range, poor video quality, flight modes reduced to only TWO, video freezing and connection issues.
I'm seriously thinking to return the Goggles, being them quite useless with my Mavic despite of DJI advertisment.
2019-9-1
Use props
Sflsgd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13835 ft

Add me to the list - M2Z & white goggles - no 720p/60
2019-9-13
Use props
Sflsgd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13835 ft

Sflsgd Posted at 9-13 06:15
Add me to the list - M2Z & white goggles - no 720p/60

& now you can add the intelligent flight modes - there’s only tap to fly & active track. Also can’t go beyond 300 m either. So not as advertised then!
2019-9-13
Use props
djiuser_GHBtOOZvYG9k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 288963 ft
United States

Have the ZOOM just got the RE goggles and having all the same issues just wondering if the I should return and get the white goggles?
I have 60 days to return them or should I just be patient.....any thoughts???
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_avSthU45pjbd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2674 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I have recently obtained a pair of white dji goggles, I have upgaded to the latest firmware for the goggles & my mavic 2 zoom.

I am also experiencing the lack of "smooth" live view option 720p/60

Does anyone know if dji intend to resolve this issue?

Are there any pending firmware updates?

Mike
2019-12-31
Use props
BoneChair
lvl.1
Ireland

Same here for myself with the white dji goggles and mavic 2 pro
2020-1-7
Use props
Michel Mutabazi
New

France

Same issue here, CE model are worst! I don't know how they sell this in Europe
2020-2-7
Use props
muzza152
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1656775 ft
Australia

So what are DJI going to do about this problem? The original post regarding issues with smooth mode (greyed out, can’t be engaged),  intelligent flight mode (only has Tap fly, active track - no terrain follow, tripod and other intelligent flight modes as stated in the instruction manual) was made at the start of September 2018, and after 18 months, and multiple comments and complaints on this forum, nothing has been done. DJI say they are looking into it, and then we hear nothing for months. Can we get some kind of confirmation from DJI that this is being looked at, and a time frame of when any firmware is to become available that addresses these issues? This is appallingly bad support from DJI, and after buying first the MP, then upgrading to the MP2, and then now the RE goggles, I believe I and many other who have shown loyalty to the product and the company deserve some answers...if nothing is done soon, then DJI’s brand will most definitely suffer..
2020-3-2
Use props
KrisK
lvl.1
United States

DJI support, I am still having issues 1+ year into this. My Racing Edition goggles have limited distance 500-800 Feet when using my M2 Pro. They worked great at distance with original Mavic pro. I've been patiently waiting over a year for firmware fix, looks like that won't happen. This drone and goggles now useless to me unless there a fix. I greatly prefer the FPV for photography framing, don't care about high speed racing, just need functional at reasonable distance.  
Is there a hardware fix available if I send them in?
2020-3-23
Use props
Patrick Conway
New

United States

I have had the RE version for two years, waste of money they simply wont go into smooth mode so the latency makes you sick if you FPV.  Don't buy the DJI headset, it's simply not worth it.
2020-3-24
Use props
LeXa971
New

Russia

+1 DJI support where are u? any plans to make it better for mavic 2 + goggles RE?
2020-4-11
Use props
djiuser_oDZcax0zkShs
New

United States

Tried to enable Smooth Mode with my Googles RE and M2Pro and it is still greyed out...Looks like DJI abandoned the Mavic 2 and Googles RE support.
2020-8-1
Use props
Agentollie
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-4 09:30
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, we will forward this to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Please add smooth mode for mavic pro 2 and dji goggles
2021-1-4
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Like I wrote elsewhere, the DJI goggles havn't had firmware updates in 3 years. So I'm pretty sure they're end-of-life for a while now. Even so, 1080p mode is so nice looking I don't really miss 720p60....
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules