Mavic 2 Pro Distortion
1817 21 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

So i noticed the same issue on mine. Anyone else?
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Please check this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline

Our engineers are currently working on it. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You are not alone, so it seems.
2018-9-2
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Lots of people are talking about it.  No need for click-bait video.
2018-9-2
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 07:55
Hi. Please check this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=164802&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26typeid%3D541%26orderby%3Ddateline%26typeid%3D541%26orderby%3Ddateline

Our engineers are currently working on it. Your patience will be much appreciated.

thank you! looking forward to the update
2018-9-2
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-9-2 10:41
You are not alone, so it seems.

awesome to see dji responding fast to it
2018-9-2
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-2 10:43
Lots of people are talking about it.  No need for click-bait video.

i found the video pretty informative and not clickbait. not one of the big youtube people talked about the issue
2018-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TheRealMikeK Posted at 2018-9-2 11:48
awesome to see dji responding fast to it

Yes indeed!
2018-9-2
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Hopefully everybody will be rewarded for their patience.
2018-9-2
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TheRealMikeK Posted at 2018-9-2 11:49
i found the video pretty informative and not clickbait. not one of the big youtube people talked about the issue

When do people have to talk about it in a video?

Far more concise to give a few lines of text and some example images.
2018-9-2
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-2 12:56
When do people have to talk about it in a video?

Far more concise to give a few lines of text and some example images.

Curious as to if you watched the video? He compares dlog to hlg footage to show that the distortion is only visible in dlog and even compares it shot for shot with the phantom 4 pro. much better to see that visually than just looking at a single image
2018-9-2
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I almost watched it but his lips jk Ordered one today. I'll fly it into some guys windows for rage and see if it's bowed.
2018-9-2
Use props
ColdFish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78058 ft
Finland

Is he trying to say in the video that the earth is NOT round !?
@ 4.29 ... "It looks like the earth is round, its not perfectly straight"
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TommyGa Posted at 2018-9-2 12:49
Are the also working on putting back the precision landing that they took away from the Mavic 2 series? As well as the other color modes like Cinelike that they took away as well?

Hi. For the precision landing, we don't have any confirmation yet coming from our engineers if this will be added or not. For the Cinelike, there is one for Mavic 2 Zoom.
2018-9-3
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

ColdFish Posted at 2018-9-2 16:44
Is he trying to say in the video that the earth is NOT round !?
@ 4.29 ... "It looks like the earth is round, its not perfectly straight"

the horizon should be straight and not have that fisheye looking effect. pretty sure thats what he was referring too. i tried the same horizon test between my inspire 1 with x5s camera with the 12mm lens, P4P, and MP2 in HQ and FOV and I get that same bowed horizon only with dlog. glad to see DJI acknowledge the issue
2018-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

OK heres a quick dirty barrel distortion example:

The first 13 seconds, "None" colour profile, zero editing.  At 13 seconds it switches to DLOG-M.  All i did was apply the Ground Control LUT to even up the colors.

The switch to distortion is obvious.  The other thing is how much sharper the "None" image is.  For both videos the settings were 0,0,0.  But it looks like on "None" theres some sharpening applied and none on DLOG (which makes sense).
2018-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TheRealMikeK Posted at 2018-9-2 11:49
i found the video pretty informative and not clickbait. not one of the big youtube people talked about the issue

I agree with you although I have seen it before, it’s both informative without attacking , it shows exactly what is happening, I haven’t done enough video to test yet but am interested to see if it common to all M2P, I was hoping someone might post a video that it wasn’t occurring in, although he says it doesn’t always happen.
Thanks for posting
2018-9-4
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

great video! if people cant see the distortion on this theres nothing that could be said lol
2018-9-4
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-4 12:32
I agree with you although I have seen it before, it’s both informative without attacking , it shows exactly what is happening, I haven’t done enough video to test yet but am interested to see if it common to all M2P, I was hoping someone might post a video that it wasn’t occurring in, although he says it doesn’t always happen.
Thanks for posting

its looking to be a software bug in dlog. hopefully it gets fixed soon. i was going to take the MP2 to my upcoming south east asia trip next week but i don't trust it right now. Not to mention the crystal sky isnt supported yet. i'll bug lugging my P4P around
2018-9-4
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI engineers hint its not a bug.  Its a processing limitation.
Their view is "fix it in post".
Its not an outrageous view as ALL DLOG is going to require post processing.  What would be nice though are the adobe lens correction parameters for it (its got inspire and phantoms).  
2018-9-4
Use props
TheRealMikeK
lvl.2
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-4 13:13
DJI engineers hint its not a bug.  Its a processing limitation.
Their view is "fix it in post".
Its not an outrageous view as ALL DLOG is going to require post processing.  What would be nice though are the adobe lens correction parameters for it (its got inspire and phantoms).

oh wow, interesting to hear. definitely not a big deal. hopefully they release the profile soon
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. The videos shot in DLOG-M and HLG modes on the Mavic 2 Pro cannot be corrected for distortion in the camera but can be edited it in post-processing with the image editing software.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules