Yaw control during tapfly
2898 16 2018-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Patricksirk
lvl.1

I have my flight controls dampened down by default. That is to say that my braking, pitch and yaw are all set to be very smooth. However, when i yaw (pan around my target) in Tapfly Free mode, I can’t get smooth results. The yaw becomes very sensitive. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Patrick
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to calibrate the drone?
2018-9-2
Use props
Soterisk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1199685 ft
Cyprus

Same here!! I want to fix that with the next firmware!!
2018-9-2
Use props
Mei Lewis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Soterisk Posted at 2018-9-2 05:13
Same here!! I want to fix that with the next firmware!!

I have the same issue, this time with a  Mavi 2 Pro.

I have EXP setting etc. set to very slow levels in normal flying mode, so I can make smooth, cinematic movements.

But in tapfly mode the controls seem to be at the default, which means very twitchy moves.

Can tapfly just have the same settings as I've selected when flying normally?
2018-9-26
Use props
fans3f19e33e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3993281 ft

United States

wondering same thing, no solution yet??!
2019-3-21
Use props
fans28306ecc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1241391 ft
Brazil

Same here, waiting for this fix. It’s almost uselless if you can’t fine tune it in tap fly mode
2019-3-24
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Is there any solution in the make yet because I have the same prob's as mentioned.

Reg.
driverseat
2019-3-25
Use props
jim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583757 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 04:43

Was this ever resolved? My yaw control is super sensitive in tap fly free. I have everything dialed back but when in tap fly it is super sensitive
2019-4-2
Use props
Cloud Surfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 436391 ft
United States

I ran into this issue today with the Mavic 2 Pro. I have been watching tutorials and was very excited to utilize tapfly free mode so that I may  cinematically turn the drone and pan the gimbal. Alas the yaw settings were changed from what I had them set to and became completely unusable. Dialing down the yaw settings in all modes has been a priority of mine so I instantly noticed the change in yaw when in tapfly free mode. It became much faster and sudden to respond. This defeats the purpose of one of the most useful flight modes. Without extremely smooth/slow yaw settings this mode is rendered obsolete.

It would also be amazing if we had a setting that would adjust how gradually yaw comes to a start and stop, similar to the gimbal pan setting. DJI, Would something like this be possible?

Can DJI comment if there will be a firmware update to make yaw settings in tapfly free mode stay consistent to what we have the yaw set to normally?
2019-4-11
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I agree with you guys, I hope DJI come up with a solution to this ASAP...
2019-4-11
Use props
Cloud Surfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 436391 ft
United States

Unfortunately it seems DJI is saying that tap fly mode goes into a specific preset of flight settings. I don’t think it makes sense that this mode would speed up my yaw settings. But it does. And there is nothing I can do about it. It’s a bit ambiguous but the response I’m getting from DJI sounds like the the engineers are saying there are specific settings for that mode. But that doesn’t really clear much up for anyone. It would be nice if this were addressed with a bit more genuine care and concern. I sense no genuine desire from DJI to implement this fix so that my slow yaw speed is maintained in tap fly mode.
2019-4-29
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

Finally got around to trying to do some serious adjustments to the yaw smoothness, thought it was something I was missing, but looks like it's for nought in Tap-Fly at least ..... that's a pain!!!1
2019-5-18
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 04:43

No sense answers! Are you humans or bot?
2019-5-18
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

StevenQX Posted at 5-18 19:35
No sense answers! Are you humans or bot?

Agree on that.... ALMOST ALL moderators answers are completely useless.....
2019-5-18
Use props
Rocket_man
lvl.1
Norway

I'm having the same problem with my M2P   No solutions...???
2019-8-28
Use props
fansc3b2378e
lvl.1

United States

That really sucks. I’m having the same problem. Totally ruined my beautiful morning shots.  I guess I will have to stick with Litchi for the time being.
2019-9-1
Use props
bssszzz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340420 ft

Is anyone from DJI admins able to reply?

If it's only a settings issue, you can easily change it, right? This would gave all of us tons of great shots!
2019-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules