1363 2 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Hi

• I have reported this in another forum and I got some help but no clear answers, so I am reporting it here as well. We have had a bad experience some weeks ago in which the aircraft froze in mid air and would not respond to any stick command, it kept GPS stabilisation all the time, and the aircraft only landed when running out of power. Seems that some other people have experienced this issue as well. At least RTH worked as expected, but lack of recovery control in final stage is a very bad situation, because aircraft could end landing on a non suitable area and/or exhaust completely the battery, which was pretty much our case.
  • It was a P4A Plus version and we weren't doing anything special, just testing. No video recording, no shooting and no flight mode was enabled. I rebooted the remote controller at least two times to regain control, with no luck.
  • No third app was installed on RC nor was in use a the time of the incident.
  • Other people have reported that getting AC into ATTI did not solve the problem.
  • We have been flying afterwards with no issue.

This is flight log:

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

And this is data log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... LT/view?usp=sharing

We would like to know whether it is a reproducible error and how to proceed in this situation. Thanks for your time and help. Regards

2018-9-2
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

How did you get RTH to work?   By pressing the button, or by turning the controller off?

This is an issue for DJI support, unless it's already been fixed in a firmware update.  Probably a software issue in the aircraft, I've only noticed it reported with recent aircraft, never with older aircraft.  Not a common problem but the cause needs to be found and fixed so you should report it to DJI Support and give them all the information you can.
2018-9-2
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Supposedly battery level started RTH on its own, as per other people's opinion. RC restart had no effect on the AC.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules