Problems with gesture control
1002 7 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nerdn
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there,

I got problems using gesture control. Often I see after flight that there where multiple videos taken or one lone video during the whole flight but I never held up one arm alone and was alone, so it can not register anybody else. How can that be and how to stop that?

An hour ago I made my last flight using gesture control besides 3 videos taken where I didn't want to take one(the last one is the interesting one because it shows the whole process I am describing). The drone did NOT recognice me at all. I tried to raise both arms to get it back, to get it to follow me, no way, gimbal was only following me to go down and not back up, drone did not follow me at all(why did those two things happen?). So I tried to palm land after a few unsuccessful tries. But the drone recognized my hand as an obstacle and chose to only fly higher and get away from me.

I put the remote in the house away because I thought I would not need it… never ran that fast to get control over my drone again.

During all of that the lights of the drone lighted up yellow. In the manual videos are not mentioned(why was the manual not updated when that feature was added?) and I do not know what that means. Can anybody enlighten me?

So I have learned today is always have the controller nearby when using gesture control because it can fail very very bad!

So but a few questions remain:
- Why did the drone not listen to any commands i gave to it?
- Why does it always take videos without me giving the command to take videos(raising one arm only is the command to start/stop videos, right? I also have videos of me rasing one arm continuously, switching the arm but the video NEVER stops… This seems to be the worst feature of gesture control )
- When the gimbal is following me why only to go down and not back? Why is only the gimbal following me and not the drone? In the app going back during following is activated!
- How to gain back control when it does not listen at all without the remote?
- What does the continuously lighting yellow light mean?

Greetings from a beginner who has a lot of problems with this mode
2018-9-2
Use props
nerdn
lvl.1
Germany

No help nore ideas to find here?
2018-9-3
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Well, that's probably noch much of help, but:
do yourself a favour and forget about gesture mode. It may look cool, but it is too unsafe.
Get yourself a remote control (if don't have it already as Fly more combo) and enjoy full control of your Sparky.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-3
Use props
nerdn
lvl.1
Germany

I think it is a whole other experience and the fastest way to take selfies… and even to take selfies without the remote on it. I don't want to see the remote on every picture. WIsh it would work and not take videos every time!
2018-9-3
Use props
nerdn
lvl.1
Germany

I mean that is one of the main reasons I bought a spark! And now it does not work
2018-9-3
Use props
nerdn
lvl.1
Germany

It looks to me like this does not work and DJI does not care? Or does anybody from DJI care about funtions which are included or about new customers?
2018-9-7
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I never even tried the gesture controls.
I think it’s just a silly gimmick.
And it’s no way as safe to control as is with the remote, so I’ll pass thanks

Fly safe everyone
Alex
2018-9-7
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Honestly I think that very few people care about gesture controls,
That’s why they were dropped from mavic 2.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules