2653 12 2018-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans68308231
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200177 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI,

Could you please let me know wether you are working on a fix for the lens distortion on Mavic 2 Pro.

The camera suffers from terrible distortion on all picture modes except normal.

DLOG-M and HLG are unusable in its current state.

Horizon is curved and warps when moving from centre to top of frame.

Im running out of time to return this for a refund so would appreciate if you could update on progress of this fix.

Thanks
2018-9-2
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Already discussed here:-

https://forum.dji.com/thread-164499-1-1.html

2018-9-2
Use props
fans68308231
lvl.2
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-2 03:48
Already discussed here:-

https://forum.dji.com/thread-164499-1-1.html

I did see that mate but Im looking for a response from DJI.

Like I said Ive got 10 days left to send this back for a refund so looking to see what progress they are making on a fix.

Unbelievable that they released it in the state.
2018-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our engineers are currently fixing this issue right now. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-9-2
Use props
HCL
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 07:34
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our engineers are currently fixing this issue right now. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Thanks ... that sounds like it is solvable.
It would be nice to get more specific information in the next days.
2018-9-2
Use props
fans68308231
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-2 07:34

Thanks for the update, glad to know tbey are aware of and working on the issue.
2018-9-2
Use props
djiuser_W0oqI02cli0r
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

Hi!

I was wondering if that was corrected by DJI ? i bought the mavic 2 pro .. waiting to get it .. and yeah as the name sais.. Pro .. i expected the problem soved for the price of around 1999 $ (flymore kite included)

let me know! Thanks !
2018-11-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_W0oqI02cli0r Posted at 11-15 14:09
Hi!

I was wondering if that was corrected by DJI ? i bought the mavic 2 pro .. waiting to get it .. and yeah as the name sais.. Pro .. i expected the problem soved for the price of around 1999 $ (flymore kite included)

It has not been corrected, and word from dji is it won’t be corrected, it’s not very difficult to fix in post, which you need to use to process such footage.
2018-11-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_W0oqI02cli0r Posted at 11-15 14:09
Hi!

and yeah as the name sais.. Pro .. i expected the problem soved for the price of around 1999 $ (flymore kite included)

You have to think of Pro in terms of Magnum, Turbo, Supercharged, Silver, Gold, Platinum (aka marketing speak); leading to price of ...  
2018-11-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Its a 2 second fix in post and they give the correction amount needed for each bit of software in the manual.
As 100% of LOG footage needs post processing anyway this is a complete non issue.

If you've got no wish to post process then shoot normal profile instead.  Again problem solved.
2018-11-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

gnirtS Posted at 11-15 19:22
Its a 2 second fix in post and they give the correction amount needed for each bit of software in the manual.
As 100% of LOG footage needs post processing anyway this is a complete non issue.

Still begs question...
Why didn't DJI create a Lens profile, (providing it for free), AND tell customers up-front they would need to use Lens profile during ''LOG footage'' post processing?
2018-11-15
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Why would they need to create one with the majority of editing software already has it built in?  Yes they should have released the actual numbers sooner but the correction profile is already there.
Like they said, all profiles reduce quality and sharpness around the edges, by doing it this way its the users choice how much/little they want.

2018-11-15
Use props
hardmoneylender
New

United States

What are the current black friday sales for the Mavic Pro?
https://capitalfundingfinancial.com
2018-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules